[SOLVED] dash files

dee.pee

Yesterday ,I downloaded a big video (8.6 Go) from Youtube using jdownloader.

After hours, i finally got 2 files :

• 1 with extension .dashaudio (2.4 Go)
  • 1 with extension .dashvideo (6.2 Go)

I can ear the dashaudio file with aimp, as any normal piece of music, but no image.

I can watch the dashvideo using media player classic as any normal video, but no sound.

My problem is : how to join and synchronize this 2 files to get a real movie (image + sound) ... except lauching aimp and mpc at the same time !!

Google search gives me no satisfactory answer ... waiting for a genious guy here at Nsane 😉

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can watch without merging audio and video by having same filename for both of them, with proper file extension, then open with media player classic, Auto-load audio files enabled.

MKVToolNix is easy solution for merging them, FFmpeg is another one.

For downloading video or audio from youtube, I suggest you to use youtube-dl+FFmpeg, took sometime to learn and you would love it. It's resumable, no worry :)

10 minutes ago, rach said:

You can watch without merging audio and video by having same filename for both of them, with proper file extension, then open with media player classic, Auto-load audio files enabled.

MKVToolNix is easy solution for merging them, FFmpeg is another one.

For downloading video or audio from youtube, I suggest you to use youtube-dl+FFmpeg, took sometime to learn and you would love it. It's resumable, no worry :)

@rach how can I enabled "auto-load audio" in media player classic ? Is that in options menu ?

I will try to learn your other solution to download from Youtube. The problem is also that this big video has been desactivated this morning (it was avalaible only for 1 week) so I can't redownload it properly by now.

48 minutes ago, dee.pee said:

@rach how can I enabled "auto-load audio" in media player classic ? Is that in options menu ?

Spoiler

ddOi8jJ.jpg

video and audio in same folder, for example you have filename.mp4 (video) and filename.m4a (audio).

@rach Tested yesterday evening, auto-load audio was enabled, both files (audio + video with same name) in the same folder ... but unsuccessful 😪

@crazyrabbit Tested with MKVToolnix as suggested, start well (even if dashfiles are not known in files list) but stops before finishing .... just because not enough place in the disk 😕 and not enough time to do it again ... wiil test tonight again !

Make sure the extensions are recognized by media player classic. .dashaudio and .dashvideo extensions are not handled by the player eventhough it can open them. You can also use File->Open File/URL, Browser Open for video and Dub for audio.

@rach Thanks for explanation.

dashvideo is readable by MPC, not tested with dashaudio.

Finally I mux files with MKVToolnix and get a .mkv video of 6.8 Go perfectly synchronized from the first second to the end ... 8 hours later !!

Thanks all for your help .... subject solved !!!

Archived