unrecognizable pendrive (Kingston DTSE9 32gb)

Volcomuser

I can not format my pendrive (only appears a few seconds in the file manager and then disappears)
I followed a tutorial with the CMD and it did not work either, the only side where I get recognized
is in "device manager - disk drives - Generic Flash Udisk USB device "

in the CMD this appears when typing(create part primary) "No usable available extension was found. It is possible that  there is not enough space available to create a partition with the specified size and displacement. Specify size values and offset or do not specify any of these values for create the partition with the maximum size. It is possible that the partitions of the disk will be created with the format of MBR disk partitions and that the disk contains four main partitions (can no longer be created more partitions) or three main partitions and one extended one (they can only create logical units)."

I already tried my USB slots with other pendrives and it works, same with the CMD tutorial and my other old pendrive(8gb),
 if anyone knows what can be done I aprecciated it, THANKS in advance

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer

Press Windows key and R together and type in "compmgmt.msc",

then go to Disk management (find your disk) > Change Letter and Paths (right click) > Change > Add Letter (choose an unused letter).

Regards

Try another USB port?

3 hours ago, funkyy said:

Try another USB port? 

already did...

I do not know if this can help, I already did what is mentioned above(now when I enter the pendrive it is 
recognized with the letter and path I gave it), now I could see the properties of the pendrive. 
in the Volumes tab
partition style: (MBR)
capacity: 0MB

I lent it a few weeks, and they give it back to me like this... WTF will they have done!!! 
I give up!!!, thanks for your answers BTW

1 hour ago, Volcomuser said:

already did...

I do not know if this can help, I already did what is mentioned above(now when I enter the pendrive it is 
recognized with the letter and path I gave it), now I could see the properties of the pendrive. 
in the Volumes tab
partition style: (MBR)
capacity: 0MB

I lent it a few weeks, and they give it back to me like this... WTF will they have done!!! 
I give up!!!, thanks for your answers BTW

Really sorry that you have this problem. I'm way down the line of the guys with great ability on this site so I was thinking what basic checks I would try.  Have you tried the pen drive in another computer just to check it isn't dead as teodz1984 mentioned? If that's the case I guess it's a lesson learned,,,never lend your pen-drives, portable HD's , wife etc to anyone.😀😀😀

The AchieVer

You could Repair Corrupted USB Using CMD

1. Plug in your USB flash drive or pen drive to your computer.

2. Run command prompt as an administrator 

3. and type "chkdsk /X /f G:" or "chkdsk G: /f" (replace G: with the drive letter corresponding to your USB drive). The chkdsk operation will then start to repair the damaged USB drive.

This operation will make Windows check and fix the file system on the flash drive. If the repair process works properly, it will show you, "Windows has made corrections to the file system" in the command window. This suggests that the corrupted USB pen drive has been successfully fixed and can be accessed again.

Regards

coromonadalix

try: sd card formatter 5.0.1    software,  helped me a lot to correct some badly formatted usb keys

@Volcomuser This happens after installing an O/S on a usb drive.

Start command prompt

Type diskpart

In the new window:

type list disk

type select disk x (replace x with your disk number as determined by the previous command)

type clean
    type create partition primary

You can now go to disk management and format the disk.

The AchieVer

Formatting should be the last resort.

Regards

many questionable USB drives are not 3.1 or 3.0 but have to be using a USB 2.0 only.  depends on the Manufacture of your System.

17 hours ago, Volcomuser said:

I can not format my pendrive (only appears a few seconds in the file manager and then disappears)
I followed a tutorial with the CMD and it did not work either, the only side where I get recognized
is in "device manager - disk drives - Generic Flash Udisk USB device "

in the CMD this appears when typing(create part primary) "No usable available extension was found. It is possible that  there is not enough space available to create a partition with the specified size and displacement. Specify size values and offset or do not specify any of these values for create the partition with the maximum size. It is possible that the partitions of the disk will be created with the format of MBR disk partitions and that the disk contains four main partitions (can no longer be created more partitions) or three main partitions and one extended one (they can only create logical units)."

I already tried my USB slots with other pendrives and it works, same with the CMD tutorial and my other old pendrive(8gb),
 if anyone knows what can be done I aprecciated it, THANKS in advance

14 hours ago, funkyy said:

Have you tried the pen drive in another computer just to check it isn't dead as teodz1984 mentioned? If that's the case I guess it's a lesson learned,,,never lend your pen-drives, portable HD's , wife

off course, I tried, but the result is the same!! 😫  hahaha, the part of never leaving anything (including the wife) hahahaha

13 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

1. Plug in your USB flash drive or pen drive to your computer.

2. Run command prompt as an administrator 

3. and type "chkdsk /X /f G:" or "chkdsk G: /f" (replace G: with the drive letter corresponding to your USB drive). The chkdsk operation will then start to repair the damaged USB drive.

can not open volume for direct access

(I already gave the path and drive letter in "disk management")

7 hours ago, tigertje said:

Do you have try it whit EaseUS Partition Master ?

yes, the pendrive does not appear anywhere!!!

3 hours ago, Snuffy1942 said:

many questionable USB drives are not 3.1 or 3.0 but have to be using a USB 2.0 only.  depends on the Manufacture of your System.

when I connect the pendrive to the USB3.0 port, it connects and disconnects without asking for permission(makes the sound of USB input and output), the other ports (I have 6, but only 2 are USB3.0) pendrive it connects, lasts a few seconds and disappears from the file manager, but it continues seeing in disk management

The AchieVer

Then , you should use Diskpart to format your pen drive.

Regards

4 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

Then , you should use Diskpart to format your pen drive.

dude, with the cmd I can not even give the command "clean", what it says is: virtual disk service error
there are no means in the device

4 hours ago, Volcomuser said:

chkdsk /X /f G:

and with that command what it tells me is:

The AchieVer
16 minutes ago, Volcomuser said:

and with that command what it tells me is:

Perform a clean boot .

A clean boot usually can isolate most conflict issues that trigger the Cannot open volume for direct access problem.

Regards

Archived