[Solved] problem using chatango with Firefox

mehdibleu

Hello everyone,

i have a problem using chatango in firefox, i cannot chat with any member as everytime i open chatango, i have immedialtely an error message telling me that i have to activate the local storage to be able to use chatango but the problem is that i have no ideo on how to activate the local storage.

here's the error message which appears :

Capture.PNG

So any help will be appreciated.

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Check your computer's Control Panel and open it's settings and see if you are blocking anything in it.

56 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Check your computer's Control Panel and open it's settings and see if you are blocking anything in it.

thanks for the reply.

i use win7 pro so can't use settings in control panel as it is not there.

To be clear, as soon as I go in private messaging with chatango, it asks me to confirm the local storage but it's impossible to authorize it.

i don't have this problem with chrome, only with firefox and there is no problem to use chatango with firefox in a second machine of mine.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mehdibleu said:

thanks for the reply.

i use win7 pro so can't use settings in control panel as it is not there.

To be clear, as soon as I go in private messaging with chatango, it asks me to confirm the local storage but it's impossible to authorize it.

i don't have this problem with chrome, only with firefox and there is no problem to use chatango with firefox in a second machine of mine.

I think the software's settings should be in Control Panel no matter what the OS.

Anyway, also try this. Open Firefox options > Privacy and Security > Content Blocking > change to Standard. Or click Manage Exceptions and try adding the site's name to it.

36 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I think the software's settings should be in Control Panel no matter what the OS.

Anyway, also try this. Open Firefox options > Privacy and Security > Content Blocking > change to Standard. Or click Manage Exceptions and try adding the site's name to it.

This is not a software, chatango is a site which allows people to chat with each other.

Regarding the content in "privacy and Security" , it's already on "Standard" and adding the site in "Manage Exceptions" didn't help either.

To be clear, this problem is related to "Adobe Flash Player", Chatango needs "Adobe Flash Player" to work, i have to figure out how to "activate the local storage" in Flash Player because this is what i've been asked to do when i try to open Chatango, an error message appears telling me that "i have to activate the local storage to be able to use chatango" and for now i didn't manage to activate the local storage.

17 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

This is not a software, chatango is a site which allows people to chat with each other.

Regarding the content in "privacy and Security" , it's already on "Standard" and adding the site in "Manage Exceptions" didn't help either.

To be clear, this problem is related to "Adobe Flash Player", Chatango needs "Adobe Flash Player" to work, i have to figure out how to "activate the local storage" in Flash Player because this is what i've been asked to do when i try to open Chatango, an error message appears telling me that "i have to activate the local storage to be able to use chatango" and for now i didn't manage to activate the local storage.

Not true, I don't have flash player installed and don't have a problem with chatango. Running windows 7 with latest ff.

4 minutes ago, ugatme said:

Not true, I don't have flash player installed and don't have a problem with chatango. Running windows 7 with latest ff.

No my friend, chatango needs Flash Player to work, i cannot use chatango unless Flash player is installed otherwise it does not work.

unlike chrome, Firefox opera and vivaldi need flash player to be installed.. 

https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=57232098

Download | Windows, Firefox, Safari, SeaMonkey - NPAPI

Download | Windows, Internet Explorer - ActiveX

Download | Windows, Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI

Download Page | All Systems

Download Uninstaller | Windows

https://www.nsanedown.com/?request=57232098

3 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

No my friend, chatango needs Flash Player to work, i cannot use chatango unless Flash player is installed otherwise it does not work.

Probably then this your problem is in this, that chatango.com no longer uses the flash version, but only the HTML5 version, and if you use the old embed code somewhere, it will no longer work.
And the fact that you can't change the settings of the flash player by opening the settings from contrlpanel is not true either.
But of course You can always open them directly. Where? It depends on Your system, ie is it 32-bit (x86) or x64 system.
It means You can find Your flash app in system32 or in SysWOW64, its name is FlashPlayerApp.exe

15 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

unlike chrome, Firefox opera and vivaldi need flash player to be installed.. 

Not true, they need only plugin and also Chrome uses mostly the same plugin, but its plugin has different name and different location.

Not  pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_142.dll and also not NPSWF32_32_0_0_142.dll but pepflashplayer.dll

16 hours ago, Kalju said:

Probably then this your problem is in this, that chatango.com no longer uses the flash version, but only the HTML5 version, and if you use the old embed code somewhere, it will no longer work.
And the fact that you can't change the settings of the flash player by opening the settings from contrlpanel is not true either.
But of course You can always open them directly. Where? It depends on Your system, ie is it 32-bit (x86) or x64 system.
It means You can find Your flash app in system32 or in SysWOW64, its name is FlashPlayerApp.exe

chatango still uses flash player to work. i tried to use it on another machine and i couldn't open it unless flash player is installed on the machine.

So does anybody have an idea on how to solve this issue so i can access again to chantngo on Firefox ?

i repeat that i don't have this problem on Chrome.

If there is at all something wrong or damaged, then it is Your firefox user profile. If it works on the same computer on other browsers, not possible anything other. If You really think, that the problem may be flash player plugin - reinstall it. But  I don't think so because this chat don't use flash player at all. 

8 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If there is at all something wrong or damaged, then it is Your firefox user profile. If it works on the same computer on other browsers, not possible anything other. If You really think, that the problem may be flash player plugin - reinstall it. But  I don't think so because this chat don't use flash player at all. 

i already did all this, reinstalled flash player several times, reinstalled firefox, removed completely firefox to do a new installation but all this didn't help, still have the same problem.

In FFs about:addons check the Plug-Ins section (left side). Usually Flash is disabled by default in latest versions. Needed a moment to check this since a friend had problems running browser games (always demanded to install flash although it was installed).

9 minutes ago, s1ave77 said:

In FFs about:addons check the Plug-Ins section (left side). Usually Flash is disabled by default in latest versions. Needed a moment to check this since a friend had problems running browser games (always demanded to install flash although it was installed).

There is no problem with that, the plugin Shockwave flash is already activated.

31 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

i already did all this, reinstalled flash player several times, reinstalled firefox, removed completely firefox to do a new installation but all this didn't help, still have the same problem.

OK, where I can see Your chatango chatbox, ie this chatbox about what You're talking all the time. I'm really interested to see, where You see there flash player or needs for flash player at all. 
I know it mostly well, because I also have it for testing purposes and just yesterday night checked what about You're speaking, but didn't find someting what need flash player at all. This is history, when flash was used.

3 minutes ago, Kalju said:

OK, where I can see Your chatango chatbox, ie this chatbox about what You're talking all the time. I'm really interested to see, where You see there flash player or needs for flash player at all. 
I know it mostly well, because I also have it for testing purposes and just yesterday night checked what about You're speaking, but didn't find someting what need flash player at all. This is history, when flash was used.

i'm telling you that chatango in firefox cannot be used without installing first Flash player and someone else above also confirmed that so why bother say the opposite when we already answered about that several times but you keep saying the opposite.

you can simply test by yourself and you will see that you will not be able to use chatango in firefox unless Flash Player is installed.

1 hour ago, mehdibleu said:

i'm telling you that chatango in firefox cannot be used without installing first Flash player and someone else above also confirmed that so why bother say the opposite when we already answered about that several times but you keep saying the opposite.

you can simply test by yourself and you will see that you will not be able to use chatango in firefox unless Flash Player is installed.

I don't have any problem as I said already before and also currently is the site opened and the chat is currently opened etc.

No problems, no flash.
So, Goodbye!

Live Demo is now removed.

i don't use the same site as yours, i use "chatango.com" and it's not the same interface, the one that i use allows to search for other members all over the world, invite them and chat with them and the one that i use "chatango.com" needs flash player to work otherwise you can't use it.

10 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

i don't use the same site as yours, i use "chatango.com" and it's not the same interface, the one that i use allows to search for other members all over the world, invite them and chat with them and the one that i use "chatango.com" needs flash player to work otherwise you can't use it.

I'm currenly on 

https://chatango.com/ and also tried https://www.chatango.com/
still now problems.

17 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I'm currenly on 

https://chatango.com/ and also tried https://www.chatango.com/
still now problems.

i have a problem accessing to chatango.com in firefox , i can't use it as i have an error message which appears that i mentionned in my first post.

It is related to Flash player, i have to find out how to activate the local storage in Adobe Flash Player and i didn't manage to do it until now.

7 hours ago, Coleo said:

@mehdibleu I had the same issue and the only solution I found is launching FF in private mode and all is good.

it worked indeed after launching the private mode but the problem is that i can't have my conversations saved in chatango when using the private mode so it is quite annoying as all my conversations wil be erased when leaving a window in private mode.

I get this message which appears juts after opening chantango :

Capture2.PNG

ok i found out the reason to all this mystery. After multiple research on the net, i found out what was causing the problem.

In fact, you need to know that the flash player contains a sandbox which prevents some features to work as "saving files" or "running flash applications" and what people should know is that  NPAPI Flash sandbox is enabled by default on Firefox 62 and later.

So to be able to use some sites that use flah player correctly, you have to disable the sandbox.

To disable the sandbox, you go to firefox adress bar and you type  "about:config" then you search for this line "dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash" , you will normally find it set to 3, you will have to set it to 0 and this way the sandbox will be disabled.

So after disabling the sandbox, i was able to access to chatango successfully, so the problem is solved. :)

i found the solution here

Archived