LastPass increases price of Premium plan again

Karlston

LastPass increased the price of the Premium plan of its password management service in February 2019; this time to $3 per month for a Premium plan, an increase by $1 per month.

LastPass is the maker of a popular password management service. Free and paid versions of LastPass are available, and Home users may upgrade accounts to a Premium or Family plans.

The Premium version adds features such as encrypted file storage, emergency access, advanced multi-factor authentication options, and priority tech support to the feature set. LastPass enabled mobile access for free accounts in 2015, and  removed the free account limitation that restricted sync operations to device classes (e.g. PC to PC, but not PC to mobile).

lastpass price increase

Families support up to six users as opposed to the single user that a Premium license supports. It furthermore includes access to a family manager dashboard and unlimited shared folders.

LastPass Premium's price is $3 per month if paid annually as of February 2019. LastPass increased the price from $2 per month to $3 per month in February for existing and new users; this is the second premium price increase after the increase from $1 per month to $2 per month in 2017. Both increases came after LogMeIn's acquisition of LastPass in late 2015.

The new price took effect for new customers on February 7, 2019. Existing customers have to pay the new price when they renew the plan. LastPass sends out reminders 30-days before the expiration of a plan to notify users about the upcoming renewal.

Price comparison

An increase from $1 to $3 per month in two years is certainly something that does not look too good on paper. Compared to other premium password manager offerings, it is not too expensive, however.

Dashlane charges $5 per month for Dashlane Premium, 1Password $2.99 per month (and $4.99 for Families), Enpass asks for one-time payments for individual platforms ($11.99 per platform), and BitWarden charges $1 per month for its Family plan (there is no Premium plan).

KeePass, which I use, is available for free.

LastPass' price matches that of the competition for the most part. Enpass' decision to charge users a one-time fee deserves commendation in a world in which most companies move to subscription-based services.

Closing Words

The LastPass Families price remained as it was; it costs just $1 more per month and gives customers access to five additional Premium accounts.

The price increase moves LastPass' premium offering in line with its competition.

Source: LastPass increases price of Premium plan again (gHacks - Martin Brinkmann)

• Replies 4
  • Views 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys always want more .......and more , I dont need this software ............:hi:

jobs_gif_f4828e8240f7ea104e2fa1fe4d88b75b.gif

• Administrator

I personally stopped trusting them. Yes, originally their method of encrypting before sending online convinced me, but as it got hacked, I stopped trusting them. Storing passwords personally is still better than storing passwords online I think.

Archived