[Solved] What happened to my laptop?

Radpop

What happened to my laptop?

Problem: dns-settings changed to 0.0.0.0 after bad vpn-test and I had no rights to correct them?

Cures (needed plus maybe some extra):

- Running Tweaking.com Windows Repair free in safe mode. 

- Running Vit Registry fix.

- Running Privazer deep clean.

- Running vacuum cleaner.

- HDD check ok, only 40000 hours used. 🤭

Results:
- Windows 10 lost temporarily its activation but it was back after reboot. 😂
- Have rights to change my dns-settings. 🤩 
- Cool boot noise is like that of ice crusher in full action. 🙉
- Laptop runs 20 degrees cooler and consumes much less energy.          whathap.PNG

Laptops future? 🤑

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

sell it while you can:jester:

If he uses the recovery disk it can bring the PC to it's original state. I did that to my old HP PC and now is running as when new.

Just another option to choose from.

• Administrator

You probably need to reinstall network drivers. Not sure about the hardware part there.

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

You probably need to reinstall network drivers. Not sure about the hardware part there.

Cool boot was normal, no ice crusher noise at 5:30 am to compete with microwave oven. Neighbours, I'm not crushing ice for morning drinks anymore. 😂 This silence is nice! 😌 Maybe vacuum cleaner did it?

Latest 1809 update KB 4482887 installed smoothly as they always do.  🤖

There is still a problem with dns backup. Reboot likely changes dns to 0.0.0.0. I can use Dnslock but it affects to all network adapters, also vpn taps.

23 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Test memory and HDD also run SFC, if all come back good then 🤷‍♂️

All wasn't good never in his life... Maybe it can happen to this laptop in future... 🤣

Can't find any problems in HDD, RAM or file system integrity. Maybe it was some tested software which changed or left something when uninstalled. Unhappily this happened in active testing fun phase. I have some backups but I don't want to use them because...

What comes to fan noise, it's gone, in cold boot and in usual running. Was it space dust or some manufacturers system which was used to make pc older, it's gone, maybe temporarily, but this laptop sounds like new one. Temperatures are also very low, about 40 to 45 degrees of Celsius when idle, and hard working temperature or watt peaks are also low. 💙

This laptop has been 'double boot' machine for last 5 years, regardless of using Windows 7 or 10 or Linux. It had been running normally after cold or cool boot until some bigger work load have changed it to other running state in which temperatures are constantly over 90 degrees and watts over 20. Then reboot, and full temperature regulation was back till next cold boot. And now, it boots straight to normal running state.

There are still some networking problems... 0.0.0.0 🙃 Is this some kind privacy or security issue?

Complete Internet Repair

We are living in an Internet age and with any widely used technologies, come a new set of problems. Because services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, accounting, backups and document editors becoming more and more popular, most people cannot function without the internet.  But what to do when your internet connection breaks down. Yea sure; a technician is an option, but this is an expensive option. Enter Complete Internet Repair.

Complete Internet Repair is a free Open Source Power Tool to repair internet connections and get you up and running in no time. Please note that it is unable to repair hardware faults or get your ISP up and running or not yet. ?? In short; Complete Internet Repair will attempt to repair your internet connection.

https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

2 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Thanks, I check later if situation continues.

1 hour ago, Skunk1966 said:

Thanks, I found this article yesterday, and maybe unterstand it sometimes.

1 hour ago, Togijak said:

Enter Complete Internet Repair.

Thanks, but this was first I tried. Maybe it broke something?

Yea sure; a technician is an option, but this is an expensive option.

No technician, they never wash that thing! I remember when this laptop was new. It crashed everytime when I tried do something in Windows Explorer. WE was like a cat who was frightened about mouses. I ignored guarantee and used third party file explorer since I found manufacturers own little program which caused WE crashes. Later even Google search knew about it.

Because services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, accounting, backups and document editors becoming more and more popular, most people cannot function without the internet.  But what to do when your internet connection breaks down.

I don't use some. Maybe this is from ISP? Four zeros for ipv4 and four squared dots for 1pv6 which I see when I boot laptop and check network adapters. One vpn tap is immune for this. Networking isn't any problem, I just wonder, what's happening? Spies or aliens or nothing uncommon...

Noticed also that Phantom had accidentally lost his own tap. Uninstall and reinstall Phantom and tap is back.

First time I saw 0.0.0.0 as a redirect when I close Avant Ultimate browser in Sandboxie sandbox. I didn't like this redirect and stopped using Avant. It was many years ago.

22 hours ago, Radpop said:

Maybe this is from ISP? Four zeros for ipv4 and four squared dots for 1pv6 which I see when I boot laptop and check network adapters. One vpn tap is immune for this.

Zeros could be vpn related feature. I changed autostart VPN and wifi adapter now keeps dns setting over boot. If I change vpn back to immune vpn, also zeros are back. So dynamic.... 🙈

Forgot Blackbird from cures.

Issues are temporarily solved. Laptop is very quiet and don't generate climate warming.

Dns problems derive from one vpn trial and I can avoid this.

Thanks for all participants! :thumbsup:

• Administrator

Topic marked as solved.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, DKT27 said:

Topic marked as solved.

Opened it again, fan 🤬 problem is back again!

Fan! It was like volcano before major eruption. More dust cleaning and idle is now 28 to 35 degrees Celsius. I tried to transfer destruction date later by blowing and sucking air in and out vents where around the biggest vibrations were in the morning cold. Equipment consisted of vacuum cleaner and floor pump with football valve. First blows were impressive with puffings of volcanic ash from keyboard sides. Something was also in my eyes... Fan! 🤬

Next morning boot was also noisy... but then I use battery power to cold start and it was silent.

Next question is how to lower fan speed in startup if possible? 😘

11 hours ago, mkc21 said:

I'm interested in knowing how you reduced temps

I used same method as big girls and boys always do: Corruption. 🤑 I run this laptop mostly without battery. There have been some hard stops because of power failures or because of my decision. Eight years and maybe tens of hard session stops. You need time to get corrupted right way... 🤣

Seriously, read the title... and then cures... rough methods...                         idle.PNG

This was about four years ago Windows 7 laptop running all the time in temperatures 70 to 100 degrees.  This has been rough for fan because spinning speed is dependent of temperature. Sometimes heat was too much for her and she closed all services automatically by turning powers off.

Business renewal have been good for her. Working temperature is now 40 to 60 degrees, and she is able to work harder without getting tired. But she has same problem as many workers have - she whines and shakes of anger at start. :uhuh:

By now best solution is start gently with battery power. But there have to be some no-battery solution... 

On 3/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, Radpop said:

Next morning boot was also noisy... but then I use battery power to cold start and it was silent.

I'm not only one with that problem: HP0rn

I've slow adaptive solution to start using only battery power. Boot lasts longer but laptop is quieter than ever before. And this silence continues from morning to evening because laptop runs cooler than ever. 😎

I need productive plugged-in solution without battery. Can I transfer battery startup settings to an existing power plan or new one. Is Bios right place to edit something? Or something else? How? 🧐

• 4 weeks later...

All screws are back and new fan is quiet. I changed also BIOS battery, It was about three hours job and everything seems to be okay. I'm little surprised how fine it all happened. ☺️

Archived