NOD32 code vs. U/PW query, please ??

smallhagrid

smallhagrid

I ran across a puzzling thing lately and I'm hoping some folks here might know more about it.

A friend of mine told me he grabbed an activation code for NOD32 for a low price online & since he still uses XP his version needs the U/PW combo.

So, he told me he went to their activation page, here, which usually converts from the activation code AFAIK:

...www.eset.com/us/activate/

And the site told him the code was invalid.

He told me later that the seller insisted the code was good no matter what Eset said about it.

This all left me feeling baffled because I just use Tnod when it is working & don't worry about it.

Anybody have any good ideas of how this all could have happened ??

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smallhagrid

Yes, I know 'cuz that is what I use as well:

3 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

U/PW works for older versions of nod

But that is not what they sold to him, so he did what I described, which should have worked fine to get what he needed;

And...

It refused the code.

Seems to me they sold him a fake code if the Eset site refused it.

This is why I'm asking about it.

activation code for NOD32 for a low price online

and The fact the official site does not accept it 

That is highly suspicious indeed

smallhagrid

Thanks. That is exactly what I told him & he demanded a refund too.

I figure if Eset says its no good, then that is all there is to it.

If ESET says it's no good, then its errrrrr no good, get your money back. The guy selling is bound to say "of course it's genuine" if that is so, HE can get a refund from ESET.

12 hours ago, smallhagrid said:

I ran across a puzzling thing lately and I'm hoping some folks here might know more about it.

A friend of mine told me he grabbed an activation code for NOD32 for a low price online & since he still uses XP his version needs the U/PW combo.

So, he told me he went to their activation page, here, which usually converts from the activation code AFAIK:

...www.eset.com/us/activate/ 

And the site told him the code was invalid.

I don't think is possible to convert an Activation code to a user name/pass only the other way around.

https://support.eset.com/kb6855/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

If he is not registered as a legit owner of the key I don't think the activation page will recognize his information...

• Administrator

Also, in addition to what MrZeb said, is it possible that he is using it in wrong type of version there.

smallhagrid

As I'd mentioned in the OP - I always used that page (which still exists) in the exact way I said way back before I began using Tnod instead.

It was possible back then to buy cheap/valid activation codes like at ebay, etc. - then use that page & enter a bunch of phony ID info & a temp email - and it would come back with a U/PW combo.

Its been so long now since I did it for myself that it all leaves me uncertain - but that page is still there.

The only trouble my buddy had was being told that the codes he bought were n/g.

Just for the halibut though, I just went here:

https://www.eset.com/us/activate/

And stuck in a few activation codes from Tnod that are 'sposed to be valid, and it says:

The License Key or Retail Code you entered could not be found in our system.

No way to know what is what anymore I guess - that is why I'd posted about it here.

smallhagrid

A happy ending to report !!

He didn't want to get into using Tnod like I do, so he poked around & found a seller in Israel who was fine with providing the U/PW info so now he got a good 2 year deal & is very happy.

Thanks for replying to my query folks.

You can change your serial with username and password...

I make a package for that...

also you can install this serial number on latest version and use tnod to extract username password

be happy 

Archived