Stop seeing users posts

Chancer

Hi - there are some prolific posters on here, and that is fine if you are interested in what they post.

I find when I go to 'Unread Content' the feed is sometimes full of things I don't want to see and makes it more likely that I miss things I do want to see.

I have tried using the 'Ignore User' function, with all options ticked, for a particular user but I am still seeing their posts. Is the function not working or am I not understanding how it works?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've never had an issue with content, i just get a email once a week with posts i follow or comment on

have you selected to save selected content as default

image.png.779c56dc6271f627e9d5a6d671e4fe6b.png

I might know the member you mean, honestly I also feel uncomfortable seeing a ton bloated post was updated every time I click on the unread content menu or in my notifications. There is no time to read it all, and when we enable the "Ignore User" option doesn't help much.

3 hours ago, Phantom Blade said:

I might know the member you mean, honestly I also feel uncomfortable seeing a ton bloated post was updated every time I click on the unread content menu or in my notifications. There is no time to read it all, and when we enable the "Ignore User" option doesn't help much.

Very good words :thumbsup: I'm sure you are not alone with that unconfortable feeling. Some users make spam and then they are telling the people to "stop making spam".

I simply stopped pressing the Unread Content button. I only read what I follow and what interests me (which is way less compared to a few years ago!)

• Administrator

While I cannot confirm the issue, a new update might fix it, who knows.

Having said, we are actively trying to make sure there is no excessive posting of things, while pushing the importance of quality over quantity and have also taken required actions on it.

Archived