Karamjit

Macrium Reflect 7.2.4063 Workstation / Server / Server Plus

bigcid10

I tested it and it works

edit:

I tried the boot flash disk and it gave me a unsigned error

going to try another version of winpe(was using RE)

edit 2:

ok with winpe10 ,redeploy works

going to try RE again

nope winRE gives winload.efi error unsigned

running 1903 windows insider

Ok,windows 1903 insider 18342 fixed the Windows RE  unsigned boot issue

It's working fine now

Edited by bigcid10
more info

corky

4 minutes and 30 seconds sounds like a long time, Drive Snapshot backs up my 19GB hard drive in 1 minute.

calvin-dim
4 hours ago, corky said:

19GB hard drive in 1 minute.

and the size per minute is the (only) criterion by which you happily and conclusively judge.🤭
ah😊

Niagara73
4 hours ago, corky said:

4 minutes and 30 seconds sounds like a long time, Drive Snapshot backs up my 19GB hard drive in 1 minute.

Whoo !

You have a super very fast Hard Drive ! 19GB /60 = 316 MB/s or 380 Mo/s. Raid 0 ?

And what about the data compression at that speed ?  Processor is Intel i-9900K ?

With my 1TB SSD Samsung using Macrium Reflect free, medium compression  I can backup my C: partition 21 GB in 1,50 minute to another SSD, Not on another HDD.

Jordan
5 hours ago, corky said:

Tested both latest versions from WinPE 10 RS5

Drive Snapshot is way more faster than Macrium Reflect on my rig too, but i believe speed is not everything in this special case.

EdtxPps.png

Also, important changes were made to the file structure of Macrium Reflect PE components :

Before                                                                                                           After

NMQdXCx.png                   Heb5GPq.png

Most components were dumped into the main reflect executable resulting in important global application size reduction (148/96/MB)

corky

Well I have two ssd drives, one with windows on it and the second drive for other files etc.  So I normally do the backup while still in windows to the second drive. And drive snapshot really does back up that quick. My pc is old now by today’s standards, it has 16gb of ram and a quad core i5, I think it’s a 2500k.

i know this not include verify, and yes I agree speed isn’t everything. I’m probably used the speed after using it for long that Macrium seems slow to me.

Plexxor

Will anybody reupload the fix end cleaner, freaking share coded link in the first post doesnot work for me.

Many thanks in advance

alnaloty
3 minutes ago, Plexxor said:

Will anybody reupload the fix end cleaner, freaking share coded link in the first post doesnot work for me.

Many thanks in advance

Site: https://multifilemirror.com
Sharecode: /6q9csk120lup

Plexxor

Many thanks analoty for responding so quick, your reuploaded link does the trick.

Jordan
On 2/20/2019 at 5:27 AM, Richwood said:

Can Drive Snapshot handle MS Exchange and SQL databases?

Dev description :

Drive Snapshot Driver is the ability to image a running MS Exchange server, and also to image several partitions at the same time.
(See below for technical Details).

IceZero09

I installed Drive Snapshot last week and have tried to use it, but I'm not sure if I am using it correctly. I've never used any Image Cloning or backup software before, so not sure if I am doing it right. I've got a Samsung 1TB SSD that I just installed a few weeks ago, but I partitioned it with a 400GB partition for Windows 10. The reason I did that was because I was going to use the second partition for games.

Firstly, is it OK that I have partitioned it? Also, when backing up the 400GB partition with Windows 10, does Drive Snapshot also clone the recovery partitions? Do I need to clone the recovery partitions or just the OS partition (C Drive)? Is there any guides out there on how to use Drive Snapshot?

I'm going to give Macrium Reflect a go too and see what this is like.

cosy
42 minutes ago, IceZero09 said:

Firstly, is it OK that I have partitioned it?

Yes, although the partition for windows should have been smaller. 400 GB is somewhat too big for windows to run smoothly.

45 minutes ago, IceZero09 said:

does Drive Snapshot also clone the recovery partitions?

Sure t mirrors everything as it is at that moment of capturing

47 minutes ago, IceZero09 said:

I'm going to give Macrium Reflect a go too and see what this is like. 

YES, I would prefer or I would recommend this one because  it can back up only the windows and it has a better interface and many other useful features

IceZero09
1 hour ago, cosy said:

Yes, although the partition for windows should have been smaller. 400 GB is somewhat too big for windows to run smoothly.

Thanks for the reply. How big would you recommend the partition be for Windows 10, or even Windows 7? I just wasn't sure what size to make it.

1 hour ago, cosy said:

Sure t mirrors everything as it is at that moment of capturing

YES, I would prefer or I would recommend this one because  it can back up only the windows and it has a better interface and many other useful features

What do you mean by it can "back up only the windows"? As for the interface, I'm assuming it'll be easier for someone new like me to use.

Also, if using either Drive Snapshot or Macrium Reflect, can I restore the image on a difference size drive and/or partition to what it was made on?

For example, this Windows 10 image I created with Drive Snapshot on the 400GB partition, can I restore that on a 1TB SSD or on a different sized partition if I wanted to? Can the same be done with Macrium? I assume it definitely can with Macrium. Do you have to do anything specific with the image when making it to allow this?

cosy
32 minutes ago, IceZero09 said:

Thanks for the reply. How big would you recommend the partition be for Windows 10, or even Windows 7? I just wasn't sure what size to make it.

If you are installing windows and all apps on the same partition, as you said, you want to install games too, It is a difficult suggestion, because each of us has his own number of programs to install ang games require a lot more space, but 200 GB should be fine for a heavy user like you.

What do you mean by it can "back up only the windows"? As for the interface, I'm assuming it'll be easier for someone new like me to use.

It has a good interface which can allow you, if you wanted, just to back up only the windows section of your HDD, not everything.

You can also backup every thing or the whole HDD in this case.

Also, if using either Drive Snapshot or Macrium Reflect, can I restore the image on a difference size drive and/or partition to what it was made on?

Yes, just as an example:-

if I backed up my windows10. Macrium will backup 2 sectors, your windows section including also that small recovery partition with hidden files.

If I changed to another HDD, macrium will duplicate exactly the same partitions on the new Drive, as it was before, I will then have an HDD with a larger "empty space" which I can resize in any way I like it to be, whether the HDD is 1 TB or smaller, whatever

YES, it is so easy for anyone without any particular know how.

I would suggest you install macruim, and give it a test, it is so simple to use.

If you are not sure use a USB drive to create a backup there and run a test within the program to see if your backup works fine

Edited by cosy

appzter
Posted (edited)

Since some here are discussing the backup speed of Macrium Reflect I though I'd share my experience.  I've been using MR6 for a long time and when MR7 was released I thought since I only backup once/day MR7 (with CBT) wouldn't offer any advantage to me over MR6, which I have been using on my Win10 x64 system.  But because MR7 is Macrium's current version (and when I saw this thread) I finally decided to install MR7 and try it out.   After using MR7 for the past 10 days I find this version to be much slower in both backing up & restoring than MR6 (on my system) so I've gone back to MR6)!!!

Edited by appzter
typo

SiNAN
On 3/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, appzter said:

I find this version to be much slower in both backing up & restoring than MR6 (on my system) so I've gone back to MR6)!!!

What version are you using ? to do some test

Snuffy1942

I am using MR7 and find the speed is nearly identical on my system,  system is 1TB M.2 SSD (used space 70GB).backup avg time 5m avg restore time is under 2 m.

version used is MR7 = Product: C:\Windows\Installer\reflect_setupv7.2.4063-x64-15.msi