Explanations on the different ways to activate windows 10 for free

mehdibleu

Hello everyone,

As you know, Microsoft has decided for some time to put an end to obtain win10 by upgrading from an old os, certainly it is no longer possible to upgrade to win10 from windows update but there are other ways to upgrade win10 for free from an activated win7 / win8.1 that I will describe in the next lines.

So I will present several cases where you can activate win10 for free.

1st Case :

Let's Suppose you have a win7 or win8 installed on your pc and activated with an official key or through Daz loader and you decide to upgrade to win10 (this was done before from windows update) but you can do it differently, from a win10 iso that you will place on the desktop, you double click on the iso then you click on the file "setup.exe" and the upgrade will start. You will notice at the end of the upgrade that win10 is activated. From there, a digital license will be created which will allow an automatic activation of win10 in case the person decides to do a clean installation of win10.

It must of course be specified that this is valid only if the versions of win7 or win8 and win10 are the same.

win7 or win8 home 32 bits => win10 home 32 bits
win7 or win8 pro 32 bits => win10 pro 32 bits
win7 or win8 home 64 bits => win10 home 64 bits
win7 or win8 pro 64 bits => win10 pro 64 bits

Upgrading to win10 is not recommanded if the pc runs on win7 or win8 for a long time because it may slow down the machine and it may also cause malfunctions on win10 thereafter.

2nd Case :

For those who are under win7 / win8.1 (home or pro) and have activated it with an official license (retail or OEM) or through Daz Loader, they can have a windows 10 activated with a digital license. Just follow this tutorial and if all goes well, they should see their win10 activated with a digital license.

3rd Case :

If you bought a new pc with a preinstalled os like win8 or a win10, there is a good chance that it is a home license, so those who want to switch to win10 without doing an upgrade will have to do a clean install of win10 home and they will also see that their win8.1 or win10 home will be automatically activated at the end.

The automatic activation of both win8.1 and win10 in this case is explained by the fact that win10 will use the key of win8 or win10 which is present in the bios to automatically activate win10 at the end of the installation.

4th Case :

We can activate a win10 with a win7 or win8.1 license key, so if you have a win7 or win8.1 Retail license key, you can use it to activate win10 simply by entering the key at the beginning of installation and your win10 will be activated. From there, a digital license will also be created in this case which will allow to keep win10 activated in the case of win10 clean install in the future.

If you have also a win7 / win8.1 Pro MAK license key,, you can use them for activation, all you will have to do is insert the key at the end of installation and win10 will be activated.

This is because Microsoft has implemented since the release of win10 1511 in November 2015 an easy way to allow the activation of win10 through win7 and win8.1 license keys.

Ok so I tried to be as clear as possible in my explanations by describing all the possible cases that you can face when you want to activate win10.

I hope this topic will benefit to the largest number of members here.

• Replies 2
  • Views 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good explanation mehdibleu

note that newer versions of win10 starting from v1703 cannot run on devices with intel clover trail or cloverview based atom cpus (as noted in this MS forum topic) and can only be upgraded from win7/8.x to the v1607 release of win10

On 2/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, mehdibleu said:

from a win10 iso that you will place on the desktop, you double click on the iso then you click on the file "setup.exe" and the upgrade will start

Windows 7 and Windows 8 don't have support to mount the ISO's only Windows 10 does that!

To mount the ISO's I suggest OSFMount

https://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-disk-images.html

Archived