Intel Unveils Specs for 9th-Gen H-Series CPUs

The AchieVer

Intel Unveils Specs for 9th-Gen H-Series CPUs

Credit: Intel

Intel today posted an official document onlinerevealing the chipmaker's upcoming 9th-generation Intel Core H-series processors. The list of previously unannounced chips span from mid-range Core i5 models up to high-end Core i9 models.

Intel 9th-generation H-series chips are built around Intel's Coffee Lake microarchitecture and are expected to come out of the saturated 14nm++ cooking oven. H-series processors primarily target the mobile high-performance market, such as gaming laptops and mobile workstations. As a result, they typically have a modest 45W TDP (thermal design power) rating.

If you're rusty on Intel nomenclature, the "H" suffix stands for high-performance graphics. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the processors come with upgraded integrated graphics over their predecessors. Similar to their desktop counterparts, the 9th-generation H-series parts retain the Intel UHD Graphics 630 graphics processor and support for DDR4-2666 memory.

The Intel Core i9-9980HK stands on top of the H-series processor hierarchy. As designated by the "K" suffix, the i9-9980K is the only H-series part that comes with an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. The processor is expected to come with eight cores, 16 threads and 16MB of L3 cache. Intel listed the i9-9980HK with a 5GHz boost clock, which is probably the single and dual-core boost speed.

The i9-9880H is the second in command of the 9th-generation H-series army. The core and cache specifications are identical to the i9-9980HK. However, the i9-9880H has a locked multiplier and a lower boost clock that maxes out at 4.8GHz.

On the other hand, the i7-9850H and i7-9750H are equipped with six cores, 12 threads and 12MB of L3 cache. It has a 4.6GHz boost clock, while the i7-9750H has a slightly boost clock set at 4.5GHz.

The i5-9400H and i5-9300H round off the list of H-series chips. They are equipped with four cores, eight threads and 8MB of L3 cache. The i5-9400H has a 4.3GHz boost clock and the i5-9300H has a 4.1GHz boost clock.

Source

• Views 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived