Appreciation and Respect

Matt

• Administrator

News

We the Admins/ Staff would like to appreciate the donors whom have given all of us in nsaneforums another chance to keep us accessing these lovely forums, and made us getting a new, fast, and strong servers. 

Admins/Staff have decided to create a new group name is "Donor". This group will be given ViP access and more. If you are already a ViP or Veteran and would like to change to this group, please PM an Admin to get it done. 

Furthermore, We have decided to do some changing around here for accessing ViP or Veteran ranks content count. Also, a new rank will be added to who have been giving their time and more to help others, and keeping nsane.forums/ nsane.down up to date. This new rank will be promoted only by Admins, and the new rank is Elite.

All respect and appreciation to all who have given anything to nsane.forums / nsane.down.

This will be applied on March 1st 2019. Moreover, some rules may apply to be promoted to the Donor or Elite groups. 

• Replies 45
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Whats is the content of donor group? Is is same with fallout bunker?

2. I already a vip member, if i change to donor group, can i still have access to fallout bunker group?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, exodius said:

1. Whats is the content of donor group? Is is same with fallout bunker?

2. I already a vip member, if i change to donor group, can i still have access to fallout bunker group?

1. Yes

2. First of all you should be a donor, and the rules applied on you with the donation system we have. Then yes you will still have access.  

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

1. Yes

2. First of all you should be a donor, and the rules applied on you with the donation system we have. Then yes you will still have access.  

How minimum amount that i need to be a donor? And where i can find the rules for donor member?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, exodius said:

How minimum amount that i need to be a donor? And where i can find the rules for donor member?

It's going to be one rule, and it is going to be about the amount which we haven't decided it yet.  March 1st. 

Your post reminded me to donate again, but it may have gone through as an anonymous one. Didn't see a prompt for username anywhere, the Anonymous slider looked off so I thought "not Anonymous".

$USD25 via PayPal, PayPal txn ID starts with 1WC9 and ends with 833P.

• Administrator

@Karlston Thank you for your donations. If you read my post you would see that ViP and Veteran they should contact an admin if they want to be under Donor group. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you read my post you would see that ViP and Veteran they should contact an admin if they want to be under Donor group.

Too early here in OZ, and obviously not enough coffee in me to function properly yet. :)   :sorry:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, csmdew said:

When did I get my VIP status, thanks.

I promoted you to ViP on November 8, 2018. 

Just my 2 cents worth, I think it is a bad idea to segregate any community based on post count and or now money given. 

That said I could care less about my status here, as long as I am in good standing.

IMHO anyone in good standing should have access to anything that any other member has, regardless of post count or their bank book.

Thanks for understanding that this is not a flame just an opinion. Regards

I don't think the intention is about segregation, more about recognition.

Life is full of analogies, compare children in the first year of school with those in later years. New employees starting low on the company ladder. Then there's age, etc...

That said, I'd prefer if the "Donor" label is shown as an addition somehow, not a replacement for the existing groups. Perhaps an image (optionally) superimposed on the user's avatar? For example, because I donate monthly, the following is superimposed on my AskWoody.com avatar...

Plus-Flare.png

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dr3dL0x said:

Just my 2 cents worth, I think it is a bad idea to segregate any community based on post count and or now money given. 

That said I could care less about my status here, as long as I am in good standing.

IMHO anyone in good standing should have access to anything that any other member has, regardless of post count or their bank book.

Thanks for understanding that this is not a flame just an opinion. Regards

I can't agree more, but this is how forums system are made. Post count  shows how expert or helpful to others. 

The Donors have been giving all of us a very grateful chance to have the servers running, otherwise me nor anyone in here would have access to the forums anymore. It's always good to say thank you to someone gives you hand to do something, and it would be nicer if you give him an gift back to appreciate his help.  

What's wrong with thanking donors for their generosity and dedication?!

This is not about segregation or whetever "smart" word here!

Donors are honored and thanked in every forum out there, and there are even some who give access to some stuff ONLY to members who donated

This is not the case in our forums : only some few things are inaccessible to everyone, and even visitors can get anything without restrictions imposed by the majority of forums to new members or visitors groups

if you can't donate it's fine, just let us donate to our donors a simple word : Thank you!

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Post count  shows how expert or helpful to others.

I wish that were strictly true 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

nothing at all

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

lol, what's wrong???   You can "thank" people without making a site into "haves" and "have nots".  In fact, for many people a simple thank you would do just fine.  When 'giving' turns into a quid pro quo it's no longer simply about 'giving'.  A better term for it might be 'purchasing'.

Saw something quite similar here awhile back with access to Microsoft files where some could go to a particular thread, others could not. Didn't think much of that either. This new business carries the same sort of approach a good deal further. Just my 2 pennies, but I think it's a mistake that does more harm than good. Flame if you will, but sites are better when members all stand on the same ground.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Post count  shows how expert or helpful to others.

Not on its own IMHO. Remember the (lively) discussion about post spamming to Veteran?

Contrast two hypothetical users...

(1) 2,000 posts with 500 reputation

(2) 500 posts with 2,000 reputation

I'd argue that (2) is the more helpful because their Reputation:Post ratio is much higher, even though their post count is lower.

6 minutes ago, Karlston said:

Not on its own IMHO. Remember the (lively) discussion about post spamming to Veteran?

I am sorry sir I do not remember that discussion, probably before I knew about this site, or perhaps topic was in a forum I can not access (yet).

17 minutes ago, Dr3dL0x said:

probably before I knew about this site, or perhaps topic was in a forum I can not access (yet).

One of those may or may not be true. :)

But seriously, generally speaking, it's not unusual for forums to have secret/hidden features that are by invitation only.

I was a member of a huge Australian forum for about 11 years before I got an invitation to an area that I didn't even know existed.

FWIW, the main criteria for being invited was that fellow users rated me, not my posts, here's a screenie...

image.png

Users could click on one of the emoticons (called "aura") on the left to rate me, not to rate my post. When a person's average aura exceeded a certain level, they got the invite. And yes, should their average aura drop below the minimum required, their access was removed.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dr3dL0x said:

I wish that were strictly true 

nothing at all

It's true, and we have seen it in here, and I can name a lot of great members in here.

3 hours ago, puppychow said:

lol, what's wrong???   You can "thank" people without making a site into "haves" and "have nots".  In fact, for many people a simple thank you would do just fine.  When 'giving' turns into a quid pro quo it's no longer simply about 'giving'.  A better term for it might be 'purchasing'.

Saw something quite similar here awhile back with access to Microsoft files where some could go to a particular thread, others could not. Didn't think much of that either. This new business carries the same sort of approach a good deal further. Just my 2 pennies, but I think it's a mistake that does more harm than good. Flame if you will, but sites are better when members all stand on the same ground.

There are things you aren't aware of when it comes to manage a forums have two thousands visitors each hour. Different people and countries. Many of them doesn't follow the rules, and many tried to register many accounts in order they get more free licenses or a giveaway form other members here who just trying to help others for free. 

It's not a mistake to make sure that help others in here didn't just was waste of someone else who was just trying to get many free licenses for business purposes. You have no idea how many members have been banned, and how many more registrations we are getting each day. No one asks anyone for their 2 pennies because donation in here is not required. It's up to you to spend your 2 pennies anywhere you like. Members here are on the same ground whenever they follow the guidelines of this community.  

3 hours ago, Karlston said:

Contrast two hypothetical users...

(1) 2,000 posts with 500 reputation

(2) 500 posts with 2,000 reputation

I'd argue that (2) is the more helpful because their Reputation:Post ratio is much higher, even though their post count is lower.

I wish there are more options available to word this point. I might go and suggest to IPS, but they wouldn't listen because I have tried to ask them to add some stuff that they haven't done anything yet. The IPS have a lot of third party developers, and they have many great stuff. The IPS lately cut a lot of them off for bigger companies, and their third party applications doesn't support the IPS new updates. 

12 hours ago, puppychow said:

You didn't said a word since 2014 but you bothered youself just to tell us about your frustration!

Must be a serious situation to you!

Just relax. This is not as dramatic as it seems to you.

The least thing we could do to thank donors is creating this thread.

Donors, contributors, active members and posters are very important to any forum

They are the main power of every forum, and without them, nothing would be possible.

Besides, admins have all rights to do anything in their own forums.

if they ever decide to reward donors by creating a whole section especially for them, no one would be eligible to disagree, and i'm sure they will not ask anyone for permission first, including me.

10 minutes ago, Jordan said:

You didn't said a word since 2014 but you bothered youself just to tell us about your frustration!

Must be a serious situation to you!

Just relax. This is not as dramatic as it seems to you.

The least thing we could do to thank donors is creating this thread.

Donors, contributors, active members and posters are very important to any forum

They are the main power of every forum, and without them, nothing would be possible.

Besides, admins have all rights to do anything in their own forums.

if they ever decide to reward donors by creating a whole section especially for them, no one would be eligible to disagree, and i'm sure they will not ask anyone for permission first, including me.

You'd probably get more out of what someone like me has to say if you looked at the words I wrote and didn't worry quite as much about taking the time to look up when someone did or didn't post. You're not that shallow, are you?

Again, you wish to frame what's being discussed here as 'thanking' people. Sorry, but that's not what it is. You're inviting people to purchase levels of status here at Nsane. One of reasonable intelligence would likely conclude that would make any 'status' here kind of worthless, since it could be bought just like a hamburger at a McDonald's :)  Sounds like what you really want to do is make Nsane a pay site altogether.  When some posters above ask questions about what they'll be getting for their 'donations', they're implicitly admitting that what I say is true.... they want to know what their getting for the status they paid for.  Who knows, maybe a better topic for discussion might be to examine why Nsane is having such difficulty with its operating costs when the site managed to survive for so long without developing paywalls within the site.

As for your comment about my posting, fact is after the business with the Microsoft licensing thread that was closed off to people who didn't have enough posts for you (mentioned by me here above...) I didn't return much to Nsane, and therefore had nothing to say.  To be honest, I found the policy repulsive and didn't want to be around it. I came by now because an old friend here sent me an email about how it was getting worse here with this new stuff, and I dropped by to see for myself. Got a problem with that?  If yes, so be it. If you're going to build walls around areas of the site, doesn't surprise me that you'd want to stifle free speech and opinions while you're at it.

Finally, what you describe regarding admin authority ("...have all rights to do anything in their own forums". "...no one would be eligible to disagree")  is not a description of a mod on an internet thread, It's a thesis on dictatorship. So much for the freedom of thought and software that once was Nsane! 

Well, i'm not gonna hijack this thread just for your beautiful eyes and explain to you how you have all things wrong!

Just believe what you want and keep complaining about things not even concerning you.

Someone woke you up from your lethargy just to rescue our forums?

Sorry to say that we already have many active and helpful guys for that!

12 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Well, i'm not gonna hijack this thread just for your beautiful eyes and explain to you how you have all things wrong!

Just believe what you want and keep complaining about things not even concerning you.

Someone woke you up from your lethargy just to rescue our forums?

Sorry to say that we already have many helpful guys for that!

Your brief response actually tells me quite a lot. One thing is for sure Jordan, given how much Nsane was down over the past year or so, combined with the financial difficulties you and other mods have mentioned in posts here, if you "already have many helpful guys" I guess what you think is 'helpful' hasn't been working out for you too well, has it?   Maybe time to listen to some other opinions instead of childishly calling them 'complaints'.

Good luck!

Archived