looking for a tool to compare the quality of two videos

Togijak

If you reduce the noise (for example) in a video you can trust that the result is better than the source but it would be better to see the facts. I found a tool called Kinovea that can compare to videos but

Kinovea is a video player for sport analysis. It provides a set of tools to capture, slow down, study, compare, annotate and measure technical performances.

with completely different objectives, which is also shown by the fact that only a visual comparison in very small windows is offered.

any better solution?

• Replies 6
  • Views 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Professional video editors can do that but they require technical knowledge.

If you want to compare two videos then  the simple thing to do is run them together side by side.

1 hour ago, Jogs said:

Professional video editors can do that but they require technical knowledge.

If you want to compare two videos then  the simple thing to do is run them together side by side.

you are right, I get the hint to that tool but looks like I am to stupid (or not deep enough in the technical aspects of the video technology) for that tool. The only answers in two hours with the free version was again and again some incomprehensible error messages

@teodz1984

no because it would not make sense to sit (for example) 2 hours in front of monitor after using a video converter or something like Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro, unless there is an option that only shows serious optical differences

@strotee

maybe you would be right it there would be a option to compare 2 videos

A4q5Mus.jpg

and second argument against that tool is that I never saw a information about bad frames etc in the output

I found a working visual way (little bit complicated because both windows starting maximized)

VLC is able to do this very well without any kind of scripting or add-on. As far as I know however you can only play two files synchronously, not 3.

To accomplish this simply open VLC and select Media>Open Multiple Files.
    Inside the multiple file windows select add to add the first file.
    After this click on the, "Show more options," checkbox followed by the, "Play another media synchronously," checkbox at the bottom of the window.
    Select browse next to, "Extra media," to add the second file.
    Hit play and the two media files will play simultaneously with a single control window.

to have two different videos I used first

jCUKysZ.jpg

and that is how you see the both videos synchronously

u6GK4oU.jpg

A 4k OLED/AMOLED Monitor/TV 😂

Quality is subjective but you can find some differences visually (still subjective) with the right tools (objective - expensive although).

Good luck.

Archived