cosy

CHAT ABOUT OFFICE ACTIVATION

cosy

First question:-

what office was there originally?

If I can get what you are saying, you had office 2016 originally, isn't it?

hnjiforti

Yes I had Office 2016 Project 2016 and Vision 2016 acivated on the laptop (over a year) originally but had to uninstall to be able to install Office 2019.

cosy
7 minutes ago, hnjiforti said:

It should be noted that office, project and Visio 2016 had earlier been activated on this laptop but was uninstalled to enable me install Office 2019.

If this was the case, did you install the keys to the respective products before you installed office 2019?

Can you do this please?

Spoiler

Open your CMD as admin, copy and paste the lines below in your CMD, copy the report that will appear in your Notepad and paste it here:

if exist "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16"
if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16"
cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /dstatus>info.txt
start info.txt
@

hnjiforti

Note that I used the same keys I had activated Project and Vision 2016 with. It just activated without asking for Web-chat or Phone activation

hnjiforti

---Processing--------------------------
---------------------------------------
PRODUCT ID: 00341-67600-03199-AA932
SKU ID: 295b2c03-4b1c-4221-b292-1411f468bd02
LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16VisioProVL_MAK edition
LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, RETAIL(MAK) channel
LICENSE STATUS:  ---LICENSED---
Last 5 characters of installed product key: 844JM
PRODUCT ID: 00414-65320-01665-AA603
SKU ID: 6755c7a7-4dfe-46f5-bce8-427be8e9dc62
LICENSE NAME: Office 19, Office19ProPlus2019VL_MAK_AE edition
LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 19, RETAIL(MAK) channel
Last 5 characters of installed product key: 684XQ
PRODUCT ID: 00338-13801-29999-AA357
SKU ID: 82f502b5-b0b0-4349-bd2c-c560df85b248
LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16ProjectProVL_MAK edition
LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, RETAIL(MAK) channel
Last 5 characters of installed product key: QV69V

---Exiting-----------------------------

Going on brake and back in about an hour

cosy

Okay, I get the point now:-

you want to start the products, and they should all show "2019" products?

If this is the case, the MS products for 2016 and 2019 have different SKUs, hence different keys, even if you installed Project 2019 and visio 2019, the keys do differ. You don't have to uninstall these(anything), all you need is the right keys for project 2019 and visio 2019 and you have all of them "reading" 2019 products.

hnjiforti

I dont have 2019 keys for Project and Visio which is why I used that 2016 key but to my surprise it activated and I can use the 2 programs

cosy
1 minute ago, hnjiforti said:

I dont have 2019 keys for Project and Visio which is why I used that 2016 key but to my surprise it activated and I can use the 2 programs

The keys for visio 2016 and Project 2016 are still on your PC, that is why you still activated 2016 Products not 2019 products, although the files for 2019 products are still there..

The most important thing is that they work for you at the moment ,and O would advise you to make a Backup of your products for future use.

jdawg334

I bought a key for office 2019 Pro Plus Retail from Ebay for $10. It said I had to activate within 48 hrs or it will not work so I did so immediately and it activated just fine. I have since had to reinstall everything and just entering the key failed to activate but restoring the activation files which I had backed up activated it just fine. Will this activation be permanent?

Annotation 2019-03-08 224354.jpg

cosy
3 hours ago, jdawg334 said:

which I had backed up activated it just fine. Will this activation be permanent?

Yes sir, It will be permanent and every time you reinstall and install your office again, using this Backup it will be activated.

If you want a short method to do this

Spoiler

================================================= 
 MANUAL BACKUP PROCESS: 

1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator 
2. Type "net stop sppsvc" without quotes, and hit Enter
3. Create a Copy of "C:\Windows\System32\spp\store" Folder! 
4. Keep this File "store"  somewhere else
5. Replace the original "store" folder with the backup "store" folder(When you make a fresh installation). Choose REPLACE THE FILES IN THE DESTINATION 
6. Done.!!! 

3 hours ago, jdawg334 said:

I bought a key for office 2019 Pro Plus Retail from Ebay for $10.

Why did you do this?

These are thieves selling activation codes. But if it worked then learn never to do that again.

Lord Schuldiner

Hi, i want know what software i can use to synthesize voice. I want try phone activation keys via Skype call.

jollydan
46 minutes ago, Lord Schuldiner said:

Hi, i want know what software i can use to synthesize voice. I want try phone activation keys via Skype call.

You can watch this video and follow the steps

Spoiler

Lord Schuldiner

10 minutes ago, jollydan said:

You can watch this video and follow the steps

Reveal hidden contents

Something like that was looking for, very useful, thank you!

alabd

## As @cosy advised me, I post it now here in discussion thread  ##

Hi guys,

first of all, please advise me if this post is wrong on place and should be posted in the "discussion thread" .

In order not to ask too many questions, I would like to ask a general question that probably covers many of my questions. So it would be nice if someone can share his knowledge with me.

Question: I want to read some stuff about the types of keys and their differences and which product is available in which key type (OEM, OEM SLP, Retail, MAK, MAK_AE ... / without any experience, its to hard for me to get a correct overview about these. And all the shortcuts do not make it any easier :( .)

In addition I would like to know with which key which product (ISO-File) can be activated. Let me give you an example: So I know that if you want to activate Office with a MAK you can not use the Office Retail Image. Therefor there is a special VL image for that. But for example I don't know if ISO files from Windows OEM and Retail are different or if you can activate with OEM key also Retail ISO and vice versa.

So if someone knows an older post on this Forum or a link or a doc/PDF file, please share with me, I want to read it.

Thank you in advance and apologize about the long text  😁

xoseba

In the forum:

https://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/325011-microsoft-products-activation-office-keys-support/?do=findComment&comment=1445253

@alabd wrote:

"Question: I want to read some stuff about the types of keys and their differences and which product is available in which key type (OEM, OEM SLP, Retail, MAK, MAK_AE ... / without any experience, its to hard for me to get a correct overview about these. And all the shortcuts do not make it any easier :(.)

In addition I would like to know with which key which product (ISO-File) can be activated. Let me give you an example: So I know that if you want to activate Office with a MAK you can not use the Office Retail Image. Therefor there is a special VL image for that. But for example I do not know if ISO files from Windows OEM and Retail are different or if you can activate with OEM key also Retail ISO and vice versa. "

As a result of this, it has occurred to me that what he wants is a "flow chart". Both for Windows and Office activations. Does anyone dare to be a teacher? 😉

DR_ADHAM

PS: For Windows, you can use any license to activate. For Office, There're only 2 types of keys: Retail and VL MAK keys. You cannot activate Office Retail images with VL keys and vice versa. 

alabd

@DR_ADHAM Thank you for sharing the informations!

1. What do you mean with Windows can be activated with any License? For example Win10 Pro, it doesnt matter if OEM or Retail Image is installed, you can use OEM, Retail or MAK key correct? Only the Version should be the same (Pro key for Pro Image, home key for home Image, Enterprise key for Enterprise Image …)

2. For example I have a MAK50 Office 2016 key. Is there a possibility to see how much activations from these are online and how much over phone ? (I read something about that in the other thread didn't understand it completly.)

3. To get retail or OEM Images is easy, for example with the tool from "HeiDoc.net" (ISO Downloader..) . But is there also a smart Option for downloading VL ISO Images in different languages? What I know is, that you need for this normally VLSC. I hope there is an easier way to download them in different versions (2010-2019) and languages .

Thank you in Advance

DR_ADHAM
11 minutes ago, alabd said:

1. What do you mean with Windows can be activated with any License? For example Win10 Pro, it doesnt matter if OEM or Retail Image is installed, you can use OEM, Retail or MAK key correct? Only the Version should be the same (Pro key for Pro Image, home key for home Image, Enterprise key for Enterprise Image …)

Exactly, with the exception that non-volume editions like win 7 starter, home basic, home premium and ultimate can be activated by retail or OEM keys (no MAK keys for these editions) and enterprise editions can be activated by VL MAK or OEM keys (no retail keys for these editions).

All other editions e.g win 10 pro for example can be activated by retail, OEM or VL MAK keys (of course provided the key is for win 10 pro).

2. For example I have a MAK50 Office 2016 key. Is there a possibility to see how much activations from these are online and how much over phone ? (I read something about that in the other thread didn't understand it completly.)

Yes, it's possible to know the activation count (but only for MAK and some OEM keys, not retail ones). There're many tools for this purpose (PIDKey of Ratiborus is the most famous). After the online count is exhausted, there's no tool that can detect the number of phone or offline activations.

3. To get retail or OEM Images is easy, for example with the tool from "HeiDoc.net" (ISO Downloader..) . But is there also a smart Option for downloading VL ISO Images in different languages? What I know is, that you need for this normally VLSC. I hope there is an easier way to download them in different versions (2010-2019) and languages .

For windows, yes there's [s1ave77's S-M-R-T SVF ISO CONVERTER] tool.

For office, you'll have to do the same idea of s1ave77's tool for windows but manually i.e to download the source en-us ISO and the corresponding SVF patch in the language you desire then do the conversion with any svf to iso tool like [svfx_2.1.11.exe]

All other editions e.g win 10 pro for example can be activated by retail, OEM or VL MAK keys (of course provided the key is for win 10 pro).

I mean whatever the edition you installed, whether OEMRETAIL downloaded from the MSDN site or VOLUME downloaded from the MVS (VLSC) site, can be activated with any type of license for the corresponding edition.

alabd

@DR_ADHAM

Questions regarding conversion:

1. Can I use Retail SW as source, or it should be VL SW when I want activate with MAK? 

2. Is the source always the English version, or was it just an example from you? 

3. From where can I find the different language packs for different OFFICE versions (2010-2019) and the different types of Office (HB, HS, Standard, P, PP)? Is there a "how to article" already present? 

4. Is there any guide for the complete process, from downloading of Office VL SW, the language pack and the conversion? 

Questions regarding activation:

1. In your long text was written that OEM:SLP keys are for offline activation. But how can Microsoft detect the activation count, when the PC will activate it offline? Or will there be a communication between PC and MS Server after connecting the Internet? 

Regards

DR_ADHAM
58 minutes ago, alabd said:

@DR_ADHAM

Questions regarding conversion:

1. Can I use Retail SW as source, or it should be VL SW when I want activate with MAK? 

SW refers to VL (not retail) versions that are downloaded from the VLSC site.

As I said before: For Windows it all depends on the key you'll use for activation where you can use Retail, OEM or MAK keys to activate Windows whether it is OEMRETAIL or VOLUME ISO. However for Office, it's mandatory to use Retail for Retail and VL MAK keys for VL versions.

Moreover, the source can be any ISO provided you'll use the corresponding SVF patch that was originally made using that source ISO.

2. Is the source always the English version, or was it just an example from you? 

The source could be any ISO in any language, as I said provided you'll use the corresponding SVF patch that was originally made using that source ISO.

3. From where can I find the different language packs for different OFFICE versions (2010-2019) and the different types of Office (HB, HS, Standard, P, PP)? Is there a "how to article" already present? 

Well, in this case you'll have to do some sort of search. However, it'd be much easier to find the results you're looking for when it's related to the Professional Plus image, unlike all others.

You can also ask me for a specific image, I've some resources on my local storage and may have the one you're looking for.

4. Is there any guide for the complete process, from downloading of Office VL SW, the language pack and the conversion? 

Yes, there's.

Also if you really want something specific, then I can prepare a live tutorial that will be more easier to be understood.

Questions regarding activation:

1. In your long text was written that OEM:SLP keys are for offline activation. But how can Microsoft detect the activation count, when the PC will activate it offline? Or will there be a communication between PC and MS Server after connecting the Internet? 

Offline activation means that you'll have to get CID either through the MS web service or by phone calling the MS Product Activation Center; so in all cases there's some sort of communication with MS.

Any activation regardless its type is done through the MS activation servers.

alabd
3 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

SW refers to VL (not retail) versions that are downloaded from the VLSC site.

As I said before: For Windows it all depends on the key you'll use for activation where you can use Retail, OEM or MAK keys to activate Windows whether it is OEMRETAIL or VOLUME ISO. However for Office, it's mandatory to use Retail for Retail and VL MAK keys for VL versions.

Moreover, the source can be any ISO provided you'll use the corresponding SVF patch that was originally made using that source ISO.

The source could be any ISO in any language, as I said provided you'll use the corresponding SVF patch that was originally made using that source ISO.

Well, in this case you'll have to do some sort of search. However, it'd be much easier to find the results you're looking for when it's related to the Professional Plus image, unlike all others.

You can also ask me for a specific image, I've some resources on my local storage and may have the one you're looking for.

Yes, there's.

Also if you really want something specific, then I can prepare a live tutorial that will be more easier to be understood.

Offline activation means that you'll have to get CID either through the MS web service or by phone calling the MS Product Activation Center; so in all cases there's some sort of communication with MS.

Any activation regardless its type is done through the MS activation servers.

Thanks.

I will read about that when I am home. I want to try it alone at first. 

If live support is needed, how should I contact you and which program do you use? TeamViewer? 

Regards 

DR_ADHAM
26 minutes ago, alabd said:

If live support is needed, how should I contact you and which program do you use? TeamViewer? 

I didn't mean it that way.

I meant by a live tutorial , a pictorial one customized to your needs so it'd be more easier to be understood.