Unreadable posts with Dark theme

Karlston

Some posters seem to post in font colours that render text virtually invisible for users of the built-in nsane Dark theme.

An example (and no, I'm not picking on the poster)...

Could we either enforce text colours that are visible, or change the dark theme to force a text colour that is visible?

Or perhaps this CSS newbie could cobble together something to force the text colour to black?

I know we can use the mandatory link to the article to view it properly, but reading the post content spares us the ads and other garbage that sites like to show.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason for this is simple - the reason is copied text with the formatting of another website.
You must thank copiers. This is not a forum error any way but the forum user big bug.
The only thing the forum owner/administrator can do, is to deny copying text and/or copying at all. This is very simple and takes only couple minutes.
Of course,  also people could be understand that there is no need to copy the formatting of other websites. You even yourself see that it doesn't fit in any way. If on another site is dictated the text color, in current case it is set to color: #333333 (dark grey), then it cannot be changed if You change theme in current forum, ie here.

To disable format copying is a selection button on the administrator panel.
To disable copying at all, it is necessary to add one small simple script. That's all and everything is done. Such problems have disappeared for ever and many others will disappear for ever...

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

The reason for this is simple - the reason is copied text with the formatting of another website.
You must thank copiers. This is not a forum error any way but the forum user big bug.
The only thing the forum owner/administrator can do, is to deny copying text and/or copying at all. This is very simple and takes only couple minutes.
Of course,  also people could be understand that there is no need to copy the formatting of other websites. You even yourself see that it doesn't fit in any way. If on another site is dictated the text color, in current case it is set to color: #333333 (dark grey), then it cannot be changed if You change theme in current forum, ie here.

To disable format copying is a selection button on the administrator panel.
To disable copying at all, it is necessary to add one small simple script. That's all and everything is done. Such problems have disappeared for ever and many others will disappear for ever...

but it is by copying that the word spreads in internet

copiers can't write articles themselves. everything is copied from source

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, THORN said:

but it is by copying that the word spreads in internet

copiers can't write articles themselves. everything is copied from source

Yet we have a solution for everything. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yet we have a solution for everything. 

i copy text to my text editor and then paste it here - formatting is gone - but your solution/bitton is more time saving and practical

Thank you sir!

@THORN 

There is one more tool what every time appears automatically if somebody copied something and there is written "Copy as plain text". That's all, simply click and unwanted formatting from article source is gone.

And of course, the Tx button as Matt recommended. It does the same.

2 hours ago, Karlston said:

Some posters seem to post in font colours that render text virtually invisible for users of the built-in nsane Dark theme.

An example (and no, I'm not picking on the poster)...

Could we either enforce text colours that are visible, or change the dark theme to force a text colour that is visible?

Or perhaps this CSS newbie could cobble together something to force the text colour to black?

I know we can use the mandatory link to the article to view it properly, but reading the post content spares us the ads and other garbage that sites like to show.

you request but you use harsh form brother. be kind to people maybe they can be kind to you too and fulfill to your request

• Administrator

@Kalju this is true. This option is available, but I didn't mentioned it above as a solution because if the members used it they will lose all words/sentences links. I recommend to use only the text formatting button.  

What causes it to be in the wrong format they use Chrome instead of Firefox  they are  not many sites were Firefox has the  wrong format and if it does  it will just be rich text and you remove the format . I got so tired of people doing it  that i just use the light theme now . One stops doing it then 2 more shows up and copies from chrome  . The problem has exsited  every since they got dark themes here .:lmao:

• Administrator

@THORN 

@Kalju is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy. He is always trying to help others. I know that his way is tough, but all the time what he is trying to do is helping the members here.   

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

@THORN 

@Kalju is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy. He is always trying to help others. I know that his way is tough, but all the time what he is trying to do is helping the members here.   

i quoted the op because of his harsh request not @Kalju - i know kalju always want to help

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

What causes it to be in the wrong format they use Chrome instead of Firefox  they are  not many sites were Firefox has the  wrong format and if it does  it will just be rich text and you remove the format . I got so tired of people doing it  that i just use the light theme now . One stops doing it then 2 more shows up and copies from chrome  .:lmao:

true! this is happening when copying from chrome but not from firefox. that' is why i rarely copy from chrome and rarely use it anyways

20 minutes ago, steven36 said:

What causes it to be in the wrong format they use Chrome instead of Firefox  they are  not many sites were Firefox has the  wrong format

Well spotted. :)

I was just about to mention that I post articles using Firefox with simple copy/paste and the post is readable.  It didn't occur to me that different browsers may work differently.

Well it has been brought to my notice by @Karlston and thereafter by @Matt .

I have explained that to @Matt and would like to state that I post articles using my phone as I hardly get time to sit with my PC and in mobile site there is no option to remove formatting.

However, @Matt has fixed that now (mobile formatting button).

I hope this clears all.

Regards

Archived