Can PS4-Pro play PS1/2/3 games by copying to its HDD?

nsan3

Hi mates,

I am thinking about getting a PS4-Pro (1TB) console. The thing is, I want to know whether I can play PS1/2/3 games on it by simply copy-pasting the required games to its HDD. Also I want to know whether I can play PS4 games as well by copying the same to its HDD.

I am a big No-No guy when it comes to popping CDs into the console, as over time the CD gets scratched whether you like it or not. Learned this lesson back in 1999 when I had my PS1 (yup about 20 years back).

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only ps4 games on ps4/pro.

some files will load from hdd but not all and still you require ps4 disc

in unit.

if you buy from sony online you pay much more and if the game is

crap you can't resell it towards another game.

none of my cd's from 1991-1995 have had any scratches they could

go for brand new today.

finally stopped buying  music because they raised the price so i would

get up to 2 hour blockbuster movie for the same price.

actually the last cd's i bought with my mate w would pay half and he

keept the cd and inlay while i just made a minidisc copy. mind you

this was almost pre internet where i lived.

I heard if we jailbreak the console, we can play PS1/2/3 by just copying them to the HDD. Anyways lets wait for others.

Its probably the one thing Microsoft got right on the Xbox One... backwards compatibility.  Those luckly owners can play Xbox 360 games.  Its a different story for us PS4 owners.

10 hours ago, Herobrine said:

Its probably the one thing Microsoft got right on the Xbox One... backwards compatibility.  Those luckly owners can play Xbox 360 games.  Its a different story for us PS4 owners.

As in , there is no way to play off PS1/2/3 games off the PS4's HDD is it after copying to it?? Even after jail-breaking it??

PlayStation®4 is not backwards compatible and cannot play PS3, PS2, or PS1 disc-based games.

One way to play older games is to join PlayStation
Now, the PlayStation cloud-based gaming service.

@nsan3

teodz1984 is right but of course to use the PlayStationNow you have to pay for that unlike the xbox one and just insert xbox 360 game disk and install.

As for Jail breaking well I dont know about that as my PS4 firmware is too high when I bought it and I gave up looking a long time ago for a way to do it.

Thats is also why I keep hold of my JB PS3 that does it all (almost)

6 hours ago, Herobrine said:

@nsan3

@teodz1984 is right but of course to use the PlayStationNow you have to pay for that unlike the xbox one and just insert xbox 360 game disk and install.

As for Jail breaking well I dont know about that as my PS4 firmware is too high when I bought it and I gave up looking a long time ago for a way to do it.

Thats is also why I keep hold of my JB PS3 that does it all (almost).

@Herobrine @teodz1984 But isnt it possible to download from PS-Now and save it onto the PS4 HDD for later use?? I do accept the monthly subscription sucks but atleast it gets the work done correct??

PlayStationNow  is cloud based... meaning you play/stream  it off their servers 

Well you know Sony is one of those companies that like to suck your wallet dry with subscriptions.. That is their business model

If you want to play your old games.. you have to use your OLD hardware..

Archived