Problem after resetting full backupimage with AOMEI Backupper 4.6.1Tech

mare1

Problem after resetting full backupimage with AOMEI Backupper 4.6.1Tech
I've a just new laptop: Medion Akoya E6440 (MD 62800), with windows 10 home.
After problems with uninstalling the preinstalled office (with no activation, you can only  try it for 30 days, very fine!), I tried to reset a full backupimage with AOMEI Backupper 4.6.1 Tech. Very often I've done this with other PC"s. But this time it went wrong:
The C-disk (boot) became D, and the Data-disk became C (I saw this with the explorer in the boot disk from AOMEI). Nothing gone, I suppose, only wrong driveletter.
So it was impossible to boot: no recovery possible, even with a windows boot recoverydisk. No recoverypoints. Nothing to recover.
I've tried to disconnect the HDD , so that windows must boot from SSD. But as far as I can see there is just 1 disk together SSD (256g) and HDD (1TB))
Does anyone knows what I have to do. I can boot from USB. I've a Hirens boot disk. Can I use this? Or maybe someone has the boot disk from EasyBCD? I don't know if this EasyBCD boot disk can help. The program EasyBCD can't make a boot disk: you've to buy a boot disk.
Regards
mare1

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is free, but you have to buy a boot disk, it isn,t possible to creatie one in the  program self.

Regards mare1

Can't you change the boot device in the bios, then change the drive letter once in windows

2 hours ago, mare1 said:

Problem after resetting full backupimage with AOMEI Backupper 4.6.1Tech.....

Be aware of this:

AOMEI Backupper can wrongly see a hard disk (even with some GPT partitions) as MBR if it wasn't initialized to GPT first.

AOMEI Backupper can perfectly do a full backup of GPT disks, but can fail when it comes to restore them!

You need to initialize your disk as GPT (with AOMEI Partition Assistant or any other app which includes this feature)

(Note : ALL data will be erased after initialization)

002.png

EasyBCD is used to modify the boot record (MBR)

Use a bootable WinPE instead

Maybe missing something but...

You have 2 physical disks (SSD+HDD). Did the backup program put the info from both drives in a single image?

You likely have two images, one for the SSD and one for the HDD. How comes that you cannot recover the SSD-image into the SSD and the HDD-image into the HDD?

No, the only backupimage I've made is from my SSD disk and is placed on my Hdd.

I 've tried to restore the C-disk (Ssd) but the C-disk become the D-disk (on the SSD). Just a different letter but it gives much problems 😟

@strikerfox

Non English posts removed please see community guidelines

Members are asked to ensure their interactions (posts, PM's, shouts and status updates) are consistent with 'normal writing' in the English language. Posts should be free from excessive emoticons or images. Users additionally should avoid posting text in full capital letters, extra large or very small text and excessive punctuation in topics or posts.

@mare1 please let us know if you managed to fix your problem. If not let us know what you tried to fix the problem. If you don't respond we can't assist in solving this issue

Of course I'll let you know if I've  managed to fix this problem 😎. But till now I've not fixed it. I've tried to fix it with EasyBCD on the Hiren’s BootCD PE. But after booting: the same problem. I've tried to fix it with the Macrium Reflect boot USB. On the disk I saw a program item to repair boot problems, but also here: the same (bad) results. So I think it is better to reinstall windows. that takes less time than fix the problem

On 1/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, mare1 said:

No, the only backupimage I've made is from my SSD disk and is placed on my Hdd.

I 've tried to restore the C-disk (Ssd) but the C-disk become the D-disk (on the SSD). Just a different letter but it gives much problems 😟

Did you boot the machine using a AOMEI Rescue Disk and then restored the backup image?

Yes, I restored the Windows partition with the Aomei rescue disk. I' ve done this many times before on other machines. This time it was performed not very well. 

1 hour ago, mare1 said:

Yes, I restored the Windows partition with the Aomei rescue disk. I' ve done this many times before on other machines. This time it was performed not very well. 

Windows usually creates one or more partitions besides the C: Drive did you backup/restore all of them?

20 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

usually partition manipulation tools have the option to set the active partition 

OK, tomorrow I'll try it with EaseUS Partition Master 12.10 WinPE Edition x64 . thank you for your advice.

Yes! I managed it! In the UEFI I saw 2x the same bootmanager on the SSD. So I tried to boot from NO:2 and I was in windows. I don''t know how this all could happen: it is windows I suppose.

Thank all of you for advising me!! Great forum!

Archived