Even after Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 it still showing to install office updates

truemate

i just uninstall office 2016 VL 32bit from win 7..

even after removing it..Those dozens of updates files is still here C:\Windows\Installer

bmoUJS8.png

and even when i check for windows update there it showing me to install these updates....

FBfion8.png

me not using these stuffs..full office removed than why the hell these office related updates ???

And when installing office i even cross/deselected these onenote,skype,onedrive,access.... than why it showing these updates to install.

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have any version of office installed on your system?

If no , then use easy fix from Microsoft and completely remove office installation.

Please refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards

to uninstall office i use this tiny tool only Completely uninstall Office with the easy fix tool o15-ctrremove (.diagcab)

Inspite of that  you are facing this issue?

You could try patchcleaner to delete and or move orphaned files.

Kindly, refer to:

http://www.homedev.com.au/free/patchcleaner

Regards

44 minutes ago, truemate said:

and even when i check for windows update there it showing me to install these updates....

FBfion8.png

me not using these stuffs..full office removed than why the hell these office related updates ???

And when installing office i even cross/deselected these onenote,skype,onedrive,access.... than why it showing these updates to install.

You can select "hide updates" for office 2016 VL on windows update.
BTW You have removed MS Office 2016 VL keys ? if not yet, please uninstall office 2016 VL key via CMD
cscript “C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /unpkey: (5DIGIT) key

Better use Office C2R ( Click to Run ) for your next Office-installation !

Its not bloated , easy to choose which office-programs to install , and much easier to remove completely............:thumbsup:

23 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

Inspite of that  you are facing this issue?

You could try patchcleaner to delete and or move orphaned files.

Kindly, refer to:

http://www.homedev.com.au/free/patchcleaner

Regards

hey this patchcleaner worked for me....i used it portable version..Run it..few clicks and all those patch files goooone.

and i have checked that in wndows update no office updates its showing...clean.. thanks

23 hours ago, Icow said:

You can select "hide updates" for office 2016 VL on windows update.
BTW You have removed MS Office 2016 VL keys ? if not yet, please uninstall office 2016 VL key via CMD
cscript “C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /unpkey: (5DIGIT) key

hiding is not solution friend.. it need to be removed forever.

nope i have not removed any key..just uninstall the office yesterday..do i need to remove keys separately 😕

On 1/13/2019 at 10:36 PM, truemate said:

hey this patchcleaner worked for me....i used it portable version..Run it..few clicks and all those patch files goooone.

and i have checked that in wndows update no office updates its showing...clean.. thanks

At last you won  the war and are at peace.

When you uninstall an application, there are certain files which are still there , like the installers etc. .

They are termed as orphaned, and once you run the application, it deletes them.

Regards

P.S-

WELL I INSTALL OFFICE 2016 vl AGAIN.. AS I was making MY OWN iso FILE WITH ALL THOSE UPDATES..(SIZE WENT  till 1.5gb)

From last installed office updates (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download) i inserted all those updates files in my new ISO update folders :d

than used MSActBackUp to restore the keys back.. (thanks too Dr Adham :D for key and this tool) .... Every thing worked perfectly..Office 2016 pro plus running smoothly..

but that same thing ..while checking windows update those 13 updates r showing again....

hey The AchieVer , can i use that patchcleaner tool again to get rid of this...is it safe to use it when your office is installed.

4 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Better use Office C2R ( Click to Run ) for your next Office-installation !

Its not bloated , easy to choose which office-programs to install , and much easier to remove completely............:thumbsup:

C2R ( Click to Run ) ??? now wat this.. heard it 1st time.

did some one share this in forum...

14 minutes ago, truemate said:

hey The AchieVer , can i use that patchcleaner tool again to get rid of this...is it safe to use it when your office is installed.

Yes , you can. It will only remove/ delete only those files which are orphaned.

You still have the option to either remove the files to another location or delete them. So it’s entirely safe.

10 minutes ago, truemate said:

C2R ( Click to Run ) ??? now wat this.. heard it 1st time.

did some one share this in forum...

This tool is used to customize office installation. .............A very popular tool.

Yes it has been shared on this forum.

Kindly, check it under software updates .

Regards

23 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

Yes , you can. It will only remove/ delete only those files which are orphaned.

You still have the option to either remove the files to another location or delete them. So it’s entirely safe.

i try it and it deleted 160mb files..

btw can i delete C:\MSOCache - 767MB

and this directory  C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed - 757MB

Lot of files this office puts here and there

this one is safe to delete, this folder is mainly for repairing office files

i am not sure about other path/directory mentioned by you

23 hours ago, nOkialpha said:

this one is safe to delete, this folder is mainly for repairing office files

i am not sure about other path/directory mentioned by you

yea that MSOCache is safe to delete

I even deleted that Patchcache folder

rmdir /q /s %WINDIR%\Installer\$PatchCache$

must stop the Windows Installer service for the change to take effect.

after doing all this.. i restart the PC...

checked Office and other programs..no prob.. everything working fine.... :rolleyes:

BUT....

that 13 updates (my 1st post).. still there,its back after i re-install office..

bloody this thing not getting rid off :fight:  ... why Onenote,skype,access etc updates they giving,, even i have not installed/uncheck them

On 1/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, truemate said:

The Local Install Source (Msocache) feature is installed so that you do not have to insert the CD during Repair,Demand Install,Maintenance and Installation of Service Packs and Patches.

So if you decide to delete it , you won’t be able to perform the above mentioned functions and it will be replaced the next time any Setup operation is initiated(but you will require the Installation CD).

So you should not delete the folder.

A safer option is to burn the folder itself to DVD or move it to a USB drive and create a junction point.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, truemate said:

and this directory  C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed - 757MB

Removing the baseline cache for a product, future repair, patch install, and patch uninstall scenarios may require your original installation media.

If you have the drive space it is recommended that you keep the baseline caches available.

You can always go safer way:

simply compress entire Installer map! 

Right click on the Installer map (or just $PatchCache$ map)< Properties<General tab<Advanced button<check Compress folders to save disk space.

If asked, choose an option to compress all subfolders and files.

Regards

Hi, @truemate

I see you are having issues with an old Office install, I had similar problem a while back and I thought I should give you the solution that worked for me, it may solves this issue.

1. First you have to uninstall Office from your Control Panel the usual way.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Download OfficeScrubber tool form here or here. Run the tool and be patient it will take about a minute or so to finish.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Try to install the new Office.

I hope these steps will help you solve your problem.

Note: All credit for the above goes to abbodi1406

8 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

The Local Install Source (Msocache) feature is installed so that you do not have to insert the CD during Repair,Demand Install,Maintenance and Installation of Service Packs and Patches.

So if you decide to delete it , you won’t be able to perform the above mentioned functions and it will be replaced the next time any Setup operation is initiated(but you will require the Installation CD).

So you should not delete the folder.

A safer option is to burn the folder itself to DVD or move it to a USB drive and create a junction point.

Removing the baseline cache for a product, future repair, patch install, and patch uninstall scenarios may require your original installation media.

If you have the drive space it is recommended that you keep the baseline caches available.

You can always go safer way:

simply compress entire Installer map! 

Right click on the Installer map (or just $PatchCache$ map)< Properties<General tab<Advanced button<check Compress folders to save disk space.

If asked, choose an option to compress all subfolders and files.

Regards

nothing happens.. i already deleted it :d

and i have the setup/image of 2016 in d drive.. no need to worry

And all those updates..once installed no need to uninstall it..so its ok to delete those \Installer\ $PatchCache$\Managed folder . .remaining files in C:\Windows\Installer\ should not be touched.

1 hour ago, dabourzannan said:

Hi, @truemate

I see you are having issues with an old Office install, I had similar problem a while back and I thought I should give you the solution that worked for me, it may solves this issue.

1. First you have to uninstall Office from your Control Panel the usual way.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Download OfficeScrubber tool form here or here. Run the tool and be patient it will take about a minute or so to finish.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Try to install the new Office.

I hope these steps will help you solve your problem.

Note: All credit for the above goes to abbodi1406

Uninstall office again.....faint :sui:

P.S -

@dabourzannan, i follow your step..that OfficeScrubber tool taken some 8 mins..

restart and install office again...but same thing showing wen i checked for updates...No use.. I think this wont get cure...so much prob in office/windows now days.

last time when i used office 2010 sp2  and than 2013  they never shown any issue like this.

Though i fully uninstall it and was using libreoffice...Now nearly after 2 yrs when i installing office 2016 ,facing all these updates headache...

@truemate

I'm sorry to hear that it did not work for you, the reason I mentioned this is that trying to find the culprit here is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Sometimes the aggressive approach works. like in my case.

I hope someone from the professionals here we step in and help you out.

@truemate

Why don't you start using a program like Revo Uninstaller Pro or Total Uninstaller Pro that allows you to trace a program as it installs so that it can uninstall all the pieces when you want to uninstall it.  Saves a lot of time and trouble.  Both programs work fine, though I bought them so I don't know what the results would be if you tried to use a cracked version.

On 1/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, truemate said:

BUT....

that 13 updates (my 1st post).. still there,its back after i re-install office..

bloody this thing not getting rid off :fight:  ... why Onenote,skype,access etc updates they giving,, even i have not installed/uncheck them

same question i want to know why they are giving us damm updates ..................

so becuase of this you are trying to remove office from PC

well even if you did not installed/unchecked onenote,skype,access,other options still you will receive updates for all office components(i have notice this thing for office 2016 as well in 2019 not sure about 2013). unistallation/installation won't help you.

if you want to install and use microosft word only then download standalone word iso then use it

22 hours ago, nOkialpha said:

same question i want to know why they are giving us damm updates ..................

so becuase of this you are trying to remove office from PC

well even if you did not installed/unchecked onenote,skype,access,other options still you will receive updates for all office components(i have notice this thing for office 2016 as well in 2019 not sure about 2013). unistallation/installation won't help you.

if you want to install and use microosft word only then download standalone word iso then use it

yes you right noki, i have google yesterday and seen many was facing the same issue for 2013 too.. it think its office itself like that created..cant do too much abt it.

So its better to ignore it......

i need office,excel and little bit power point..remaining Bundles no use for me

Archived