Adobe Acrobat error

Chancer

I've been using Acrobat for a while. I've started getting this error;

A recent scan of your Adobe software has determined it is non-genuine. We're here to help fix it.  

Any suggestions?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move this post to software chat.

By doing this you gonna help the moderators.

Regards

Topic moved from the Software News forum.

(posts can't be moved by members. You have to report your post and specify the desired action : move, delete, merge,...)

4 hours ago, Chancer said:

A recent scan of your Adobe software has determined it is non-genuine. We're here to help fix it.  

Any suggestions?

The patch you applied is not fully working. It seems the online validation is not blocked in your hosts file

4 hours ago, Chancer said:

Any suggestions?

there is no need to block acrobat in host file. Use AMTemu 0.92 to patch the dll offline

amtemu.v0.9.2.win-painter.rar

Site: https://multifilemirror.com
Sharecode: /prgqhbnenejx

Are you using a patch for activation?

Regardd

15 hours ago, Chancer said:

Any suggestions?

It's not an error. 😉

Since a few years Adobe implemented a service which is checking whether all the Adobe software installed on your machine is genuine or not.

In recent app installers it comes embedded by default.

In older products (CS6 and earlier) it's silently downloaded from Adobe servers.

The service responsible for genuinity checking (and other licensing related tasks) is AdobeGCClient. You will find it active in task manager on your machine.

That message popup is just a friendly reminder and won't prevent you from using your Adobe app. It will just show up each time you launch the Adobe app.

One further and different (from the other suggestions you received) possible workaround can be either deactivating the above service or renaming/changing the extension of the other service (invoked by AdobeGCClient) that is responsible for the popup message to show up.

Regards.

16 hours ago, Chancer said:

Any suggestions?

When I installed Adobe (activating it with X-Force) I added some lines to the hosts file and I disabled Adobe services that start automatically (check even after an update).
I think it's a good idea to completely uninstall the sw and reinstall it with these tricks.
I've never had problems. But as I am not an expert, wait for some safer suggestions.

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com                             # Adobe
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

services.JPG

‘The Adobe software you are using is not genuine’ pop up.

This is Adobe’s way of discouraging privacy, but it turns out that it ends up affecting some users that are running legitimate copies of some Adobe products. The issue is encountered on both Windows and Mac.

What is causing the ‘The Adobe software you are using is not genuine’ error?

Although this problem is officially aimed at discouraging software piracy, a lot of users are reporting that the pop up is continuously appearing with legally-bought copies. Some users are speculating that this is just Adobe’s tactic to get more people to pay a subscription on Adobe’s Creative Cloud.

There are Number of workarounds , like disabling the concerned service and ............

Regards

Archived