Microsoft’s latest security patches have now broken parts of Windows 10

The AchieVer

null

Microsoft’s latest batch of monthly security patches appears to be causing considerable grief, not just for Windows 7 users – who were hit by network issues as we saw yesterday – but also those running Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

And that’s the majority of Windows 10 users, given the slow rollout of the latest October 2018 Update (which has famously had a massive amount of problemsof its own).

There are a number of reports online of some Windows 10 users running the April 2018 Update suffering at the hands of update KB4480966. This is a security patch which addresses a number of flaws including a hole in PowerShell, an issue with the Microsoft Jet Database Engine, and a Windows DHCP client memory corruption vulnerability (plus gremlins in the works for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and more).

After installing this patch, as MSPoweruser reports, some folks have hit network issues, or problems with applications working – including Windows Hello failing – along with a dreaded Blue Screen of Death issue reported by one denizen of Twitter.

source

• Replies 8
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This why  i started  doing updates  a month  behind , most of the security bugs they patched this time were never made public  yet and i dont care if they are i still  dont patch tell i fell its safe..  

22 minutes ago, Anshb said:

Lately with Microsoft it has been one step forward and two steps back! 😂

This has started to happen as they have done with the testing team and the  job of testing has been delegated forcefully to poor users and yes , without their consent.☺️

11 minutes ago, Anshb said:

@The AchieVerYes you are correct, Home users are the unwitting beta testers for the Enterprises!

MS has put home users in such a position that unwilling and or unknowingly they are the Beta testers.

Simply, because they are deprived of the option to choose and decide as to how to update and or upgrade .

1 minute ago, Anshb said:

All hail Mr.Nadella! 😹

Some blame Dona Sarkar for this.

Archived