VMWare Workstation Pro 15 Activation - Keys & Support

The AchieVer

The AchieVer

Build and Test for any platform with VMware Workstation 

images.jpg

This topic is dedicated only for VMWare Workstation Pro 15

You will find here download links (only for genuine releases), keys are offered by me, and support in activation for  edition VMWare Workstation Pro 15.

Preamble

VMware Workstation Pro is the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC. IT professionals, developers and businesses who build, test or demo software for any device, platform or cloud rely on Workstation Pro.

Workstation 15 Pro improves on the leading desktop with an updated high-DPI user interface, a new REST API, support for the latest Windows and Linux operating systems, and more…

Workstation Pro Delivers a Data Center in Your Laptop

Run Multiple OSs on a Single PC 

VMware Workstation Pro allows you to run multiple operating systems at once on the same Windows or Linux PC. Create real Linux and Windows VMs and other desktop, server, and tablet environments, complete with configurable virtual networking and network condition simulation, for use in code development, solution architecting, application testing, product demonstrations and more.

Develop and Test for Any Platform

Workstation Pro supports hundreds of operating systems and works with cloud and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.

Connect to VMware vSphere

Securely connect with vSphere, ESXi or other Workstation servers to launch, control and manage both virtual machines (VMs) and physical hosts. A common VMware hypervisor maximizes productivity and enables easy transfer of VMs to and from your local PC.

Secure and Isolate Environments

Run a secure second desktop with different privacy settings, tools and networking configurations, or use forensic tools to investigate OS vulnerabilities. Workstation provides one of the most secure hypervisors in the industry and delivers powerful features for IT security professionals.

Features

• vSphere Integration  :  Workstation serves as the ultimate companion to vSphere. A shared hypervisor delivers environment fidelity like no other, ensuring that apps can easily move between desktop, data center and cloud. Workstation brings insight into remote clusters, data centers and virtual machines, as well as allow users to quickly deploy ESXi and the vCenter Server Appliance as VMs in a local lab on a single PC.
  • New REST API for VM Automation  : Use locally as a workflow enhancement, or remotely to command an offsite private server, the all new REST API leverages the same API framework introduced in VMware Fusion. Provides over 20 controls for operations such as Host and Guest Virtual Networking, VM Power, and shared folder management for programmatic mounting of source code directories from the host.
  • High-Performance 3D Graphics  : VMware Workstation Pro supports DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3, to deliver a fluid and responsive experience when running 3D applications. You can run the most highly demanding 3D apps like AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS with near-native performance in a Windows VM.
  • Powerful Virtual Networking  : Create complex IPv4 or IPv6 virtual networks for VMs, or integrate with third-party software to design full data center topologies using real-world routing software and tools. Test app resiliency Virtual Network Simulation by introducing packet loss, latency and bandwidth restrictions.
  • Clones for Rapid Duplication  : Save time and effort and ensure an exact duplicate when repeatedly creating the same VM setup. Use “Linked Clones” to quickly duplicate a VM while significantly reducing physical disk space. Use “Full Clones” to create fully isolated duplicates that can be shared with others.
  • Helpful Snapshots  Create a rollback point to revert to on the fly, which is perfect for testing unknown software or creating customer demos. Multiple snapshots make it easy to test a variety of different scenarios without the need to install multiple operating systems.
  • Monster Virtual Machines  : Create massive VMs with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding desktop and server applications in a virtualized environment. Give graphics-intensive apps an additional boost by allocating up to 3GB of available host video memory to a VM.
  • Cross Compatibility  : Create Linux or Windows VMs that can run across the VMware product portfolio or create restricted VMs for “offline” VM security. Workstation also supports open VM standards so you can create and play VMs from other vendors.
  • High Resolution Display Support  : Workstation Pro has been newly optimized to support high-resolution 4K UHD (3840x2160) displays for desktops and QHD+ (3200x1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets. It also supports multiple monitors with different DPI settings, such as a new 4K UHD display along with an existing 1080p HD display.
  • Shared Virtual Machines  : Quickly share and test applications in a simulated production environment. Run VMware Workstation Pro as a server to share a repository of pre-loaded Linux and Windows VMs in every desired configuration with your teammates, department or organization.
  • Restricted Access to Virtual Machines  : Protect corporate content by restricting access to Workstation VM settings like drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste and connections to USB devices. Virtual machines can be encrypted and password-protected to ensure only authorized users have access.

Tech Specs

1. System Requirements

• Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported except:  
  • Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 “Bonnell”  micro-architecture (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650; Atom N570)
  • Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600).
  • Systems using AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)  

1.1 In addition the following are supported:

• Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
  • 1.3GHz or faster core speed
  • 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended

1.2 Host Operating Systems (64-bit)

• Ubuntu 15.04 and above
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & above
  • CentOS 7.0 and above
  • Oracle Linux 7.0 and above
  • openSUSE Leap 42.2 and above
  • SUSE Linux 13 and above

1.3 Guest Operating Systems

• More than 200 operating systems are supported, including:  
  • Windows 10
  • Windows 8.X
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Ubuntu
  • Red Hat
  • SUSE
  • Oracle Linux
  • Debian
  • Fedora
  • openSUSE
  • Mint
  • CentOS 

The Guest Operating System Installation Guide

A. Downloads

Download Workstation 15 Pro for Windows & Linux

B. Creating A Virtual Machine

Spoiler

Step 1: Set up a VMware Virtual Machine

Start by opening VMware and selecting “Create a New Virtual Machine”

We’ll go with a Typical configuration. If you’re feeling fancy and really want to tweak the parameters, you can pick a Custom one, but we won’t be going through a full Custom setup in this tutorial.

02 Typical Setup
You will now need to show VMWare the path to your Windows 10 ISO.

03 Installer File Windows 10 ISO

If VMware doesn’t automatically detect the OS from the ISO, you’ll need to manually select it. You’ll have the option to pick between a 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows OS.

04 Select OS Windows 10 32-bit 64-bit

Choose a name for your Virtual Machine as well as a location where it will be stored. I stuck with the defaults here.

05 Virtual Machine Name

Next up is creating your virtual disk. The advised maximum limit is 60GB, which is okay. I advise you to stay with the “Split virtual disk into multiple files” option, otherwise VMware will immediately allocate the space on your hard drive.

06 Virtual Hard Disk Size

Step 2: Customizing the Virtual Machine Hardware (optional)

If you want to get fancy, you can customize the hardware that your VM will use. I’ll go ahead and do this to show you some of the options you can change, but if you’re okay with the VMware defaults you can go ahead and select “Finish”.

07 Customize Hardware

Selecting the Memory option, I can increase or decrease the available RAM for this VM. I’ll go for 2GB instead of the default 1GB.

08 RAM Memory for Virtual Machine

I’ll also give my VM some extra CPU power by allowing it to use two cores instead of one.

09 CPUs and Cores for Virtual Machine

When you’re done tweaking the hardware you can close the windows and click “Finish” on the New VM Wizard.

10 Finalizing

Step 3: Installing Windows 10

Once you’re ready to begin installing, simply click on “Power on this virtual machine”. From here on the install should begin.

11 Powering on the Virtual Machine for the first time

Installing Windows as a virtual machine is no different from making a clean install of Windows. If you’re not sure how to perform one, check out our article:

Step 4: Boot Up and Install Windows 10

Now that the Virtual machine is created and the install disc or ISO image is added, click the green start button to boot up the Virtual machine.

windows-10-vmware-workstation_7.png?resi

Windows 10 should boot up and begin installing. Now all you have to do is follow Windows 10 installation wizard until you’re done.

windows-10-vmware-workstation_8.png?resi

Click Install Now

windows-10-vmware-workstation_9.png?resi

Choose the Custom install option (advanced)

win10-custom-install.png?resize=616%2C32

Then select the disk to install on and click Next.

windows-10-vmware-workstation_10.png?res

Windows should automatically install, reboot and give you the options to create a username/password and have you sign in.

Step 5: Sign on to Windows 10 and enjoy!

After the installation and setup process, sign in and the first thing you want to do is install VMware Guest Tools. To do that, click VM –> Install VMware Tools… as shown in the image below.

windows-10-vmware-workstation_11.png?res

Windows 10 should load the virtual disk drive with the installer. If it doesn’t open automatically, go to File Explorer and launch the installer.. follow the wizard to install.

windows-10-vmware-workstation_12.png?res

That’s it! This is how to create VMware guest machine and install Windows 10.

C. Workstation Pro FAQs

Spoiler

Product

How does VMware Workstation Pro work? 

VMware Workstation Pro works by creating fully isolated, secure virtual machines that encapsulate an operating system and its applications. The VMware virtualization layer maps the physical hardware resources to the virtual machine's resources, so each virtual machine has its own CPU, memory, disks, and I/O devices, and is the full equivalent of a standard x86 machine. VMware Workstation Pro installs onto the host operating system and provides broad hardware support by inheriting device support from the host.

What types of applications can I run in a virtual machine? 

Any application that will run on a standard PC will run inside a virtual machine on VMware Workstation Pro. VMware Workstation Pro is the equivalent of a full PC, with full networking and devices — each virtual machine has its own CPU, memory, disks, I/O devices, etc. This allows you to run any application that runs on the supported guest operating systems, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Apache Web Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Kernel debuggers, Firewalls, VPN software and much more. 

Do I need to dual boot or repartition the disk? 

No. VMware Workstation Pro uses your computer's file system and creates files that map to a virtual machine's disk drives, so there is no need to create a partition for each operating system. If you already have another operating system with dual boot installed on your computer, you can use VMware Workstation Pro to run the other operating system in a virtual machine on your host operating system. Instead of dual booting, you can run both operating systems simultaneously and seamlessly switch from one operating system to another with a click of your mouse. 

How is each operating system installed? 

Once you have installed VMware Workstation Pro, you "configure" a virtual machine by assigning it memory, disk, ports, and networking. You then power on that virtual machine with the operating system installation CD or ISO image. The virtual machine will boot, and the operating system will start its normal install procedure. 

Does VMware Workstation Pro modify the host or guest operating systems? 

No. Your host operating system environment treats VMware Workstation Pro like an application. No modifications need to be made to the guest operating system when it is installed on a virtual machine. Applications on the guest operating system run exactly as they do on your host machine. 

What are virtual disks? 

Virtual disks are the disk partitions of virtual machines. They are stored as files on the file system of your host operating system. One of the key features of VMware Workstation Pro is encapsulation. This means that complete environments are contained in a set of files, which can be copied, moved, and accessed quickly and easily. Since an entire disk partition is saved as a file, virtual disks are easy to back up, move, and copy. You can create virtual SCSI, IDE, and SATA disks as large as 8 TB. 

Does a VMware Workstation virtual machine share the IP address of the host (NAT), or does it have its own IP address? 

The virtual machine can use bridged networking to receive its own IP address (when available from a DHCP server), or it can use NAT and share the host's IP address. Also, host-only networking can be set to create an isolated virtual network. Lastly, network connections can be entirely disabled for complete virtual machine isolation. 

What languages is VMware Workstation Pro available in? 

Workstation Pro software and documentation is available in English and Japanese (Windows only). 

Can I access VMware Workstation Pro documentation online for free? 

Yes, both English and Japanese language versions are available for download in electronic format from the VMware Workstation Pro documentation website 

Can I purchase a printed VMware Workstation Pro User’s Guide? 

No. The VMware Workstation Pro user guide is available for free as a PDF download.

D. Topic Administration: Announcements & Rules!

1. Rules of the topic

1.Here will be posted ONLY links for genuine releases; If you need to share anything else, I suggest you to start new topic(s) to Software Updates forum or maybe to Software [Archive] ;

2.The keys will be offered by ME. There are limited keys only.

3.keys will be given only to preferred members. Definition of the preferred member: A member who has a solid background (contribution) in helping others in these forums;

4.If you are not pleased by something use always the Report button but be sure you checked before the Guidelines of the forums;

5.The keys provided in here are ONLY for personal use not for sharing on others sites/forums/social media pages;

7.We will condamnate any tentative to sale these keys. Them are offered free of charge for the members of these forums;

8.In some situations, the valuable members can receive keys for their needs even when them (the keys) are not available for the general public, with the condition to follow the above rules. It is our commitment to motivate the good work;

9.This topic will be periodically updated! We will keep in touch: do not forget to subscribe to it! There is a button called " Follow " in the right corner of this page!

I would like to thank @Recruit as I have taken snippets from his threads. 

Special thanks to @vyzzer for being my inspiration.

• Replies 103
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer

download (1).jpg

The AchieVer
1 minute ago, hcvn said:

Maybe I dont have opportunity, Thanks @The AchieVer for sharing...

Do you use a VM and for what purpose?

Regards

Just now, The AchieVer said:

Do you use a VM and for what purpose?

Regards

Just for testing  Windows insider and linux, Thanks.

The AchieVer
1 minute ago, hcvn said:

Just for testing  Windows insider and linux, Thanks.

Install the application and post the screenshot.

Regards

The AchieVer
20 minutes ago, hcvn said:

This is my VMWare workstation screenshot.

I will PM you the key in a while .

Kindly, post the screenshot of the activated application.You could conceal your computer's name .

Regards

Edit: PM Sent

8 minutes ago, The AchieVer said:

I will PM you the key in a while .

Regards

Thanks a lot for my chance and your contributions .

The AchieVer
1 hour ago, tonyB said:

Wow,you share again.

May I have one for test OS Windows and Software?

PM Sent

The AchieVer
2 hours ago, MrCeez said:

Please can you pm me a key

2 hours ago, donaddams said:

I sure would appreciate a key

For what purpose do you use a VM?

Regards

The AchieVer
6 hours ago, xhartom said:

I am already using it & activated with the keys shared by november_ra1n.

The key shared by November _ra1n should be good .

Regards

@The AchieVer

Hi, I just decided to give it a try once again after so many years, and believe me, I am not disappointed. Thanks for suggesting me vmware.

2019-01-06_08-53-05.png

2 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

For what purpose do you use a VM?

Regards

Host Isolation for software exploration & Projects

The AchieVer
Just now, donaddams said:

Host Isolation for software exploration

Install the application and in a while I will PM you the key.

Kindly, post the feedback.

Regards

The AchieVer
17 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

@The AchieVer

Would appreciate one if possible. Thanks anyway.

Install the application and in a while I will PM you the key.

Kindly , post your feedback.

Regards

• Reefa locked this topic

Archived