MPC-HC Software

csmdew

ON my win 10 ent when I display a list of movies in a folder they all have the mkv or avi generic icons but on my 10 pro the icons change to thumbnails or the movie icon. This takes a long time to display in a 1 tb size folder. Is there any way to keep the generic mkv/avi icon from changing, thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer

You could turn On or Off Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer Options

1. Open File Explorer Options.

2. To Turn On Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer

NOTE: This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the View tab, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails, check Display file icon on thumbnails, and click/tap on OK.

3. To Turn Off Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer

A) Click/tap on the View tab, check Always show icons, never thumbnails, and click/tap on OK.

See if this helps.

Regards

Actually that did not work because all thumbnails vanished and I only want to change the files associated with MPC-HC. thanks

On 1/3/2019 at 1:20 AM, csmdew said:

ON my win 10 ent when I display a list of movies in a folder they all have the mkv or avi generic icons but on my 10 pro the icons change to thumbnails or the movie icon. This takes a long time to display in a 1 tb size folder. Is there any way to keep the generic mkv/avi icon from changing, thanks.

Are you using K-Lite Codec Pack? If you are, open Codec Tweak Tool and do the following:

1. Go to Miscellaneous > Thumbnails, then uncheck AVI and Matroska. Click Apply & Close.

2. Go to General > Fixes, then check Clear Windows icon cache. Click Apply & Close.

Note: You may have to logoff or restart your computer, for the changes to take effect.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, csmdew said:

jiGLqJT.png

Archived