Crystal disk info

Betts1964

Does anyone know how to use this program from a dos prompt? if you do, can someone tell me the exact steps plz?

Like:
1. type cd\
2.type dir

and whatever else coz I have no clue how to use it. I tried to google it but that didnt help.

• Replies 2
  • Views 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AchieVer

CrystalDiskInfo (free) is an easy-to-use, open-source program that can shows the S.M.A.R.T. status details reported by your hard drives.  

The main view shows the S.M.A.R.T. status information for your hard drives.

If everything is working properly, you should see the status “Good“ displayed and you can even view the temperature of each drive.

Other statuses you might see include “Bad” (which usually indicates a drive that’s dead or near death),

“Caution” (which indicates a drive that you should most likely be thinking about backing up and replacing),

and “Unknown” (which just means that S.M.A.R.T. information could not be obtained).

Regards

On 1/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, Betts1964 said:

Does anyone know how to use this program from a dos prompt? if you do, can someone tell me the exact steps plz?

Like:
1. type cd\
2.type dir

and whatever else coz I have no clue how to use it. I tried to google it but that didnt help.

According to this, your command line options are limited...

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/crystaldiskinfo-advanced-features/

They consist of two switches /Exit and /Copy, or put together /CopyExit...

So, open a command prompt as an administrator and navigate to the CrystalDiskInfo program folder, or download this registry hack that will usefully add an option, "Open command window here as Administrator" to your Explorer's right-click menu in any folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/59686-open-command-window-here-administrator-add-windows-10-a.html

Then type "DiskInfo32.exe /CopyExit" (no quotes) at the command prompt and hit return, or "DiskInfo64.exe /CopyExit", whichever you prefer.

This will silently open and automatically close CrystalDiskInfo, leaving a file called DiskInfo.txt in your working directory, the same one you are in already.

DiskInfo.txt contains your S.M.A.R.T. information and AAM/APM status...

That's it!

😉

Archived