AdDuplex: The October 2018 Update Is Now on 6.6% of Windows 10 PCs

The AchieVer

Windows 10 October 2018 Update was re-released last month but its adoption is still very slow according to the latest data from AdDuplex. According to the company, the report is based on data collected from around 5,000 Windows Store apps running AdDuplex's SDK.

The cross-promotion network AdDuplex says that Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) holds just 6.6% of market share. The company report suggests that Windows 10 October 2018 update has more than doubled its share since last month but its propagation is still very slow and occupation is still in single digits.

“October Update is unique throughout the history of Windows 10 updates. While previous updates inevitably shoot up after a month or two on the market, O18U is still lingering near the zero axis on the chart,” a post from AdDuplex revealed.

market share

As expected, Windows 10 April 2018 Update continues to be the most used Windows 10 operating system in December 2018. According to the data, the April 2018 Update holds 83.6% of market share and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is at 5.7%.

The same data also revealed that Microsoft's Surface Go and Surface Pro 6 is getting popular and the devices are now in 4th and 5th place respectively. The Surface Pro 6 is now in the 5th place with 7.76% usage share and Surface Pro 4 continues to be the most popular model.

source

• Replies 1
  • Views 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am always reminded of the old math proverb "there are lies, damn lies, and statistics."  Unless these companies send out agents to every single home in the world and actually see what is running on a computer they have no clue.  I have 43 computers in my house, two have Windows 10, but they aren't serious computers, they are toys, and one of them is going to get Linux soon.  They are a GPD Pocket 2 7" and and Ockel Sirius A Pro.  I have created VMs with Windows 10, just to play with, but haven't even used them in a couple months.  Even the systems I have that are running Linux show up on websites that like to think they are showing your computer and IP info as anything I want them to, usually Windows 7, though I have had them report as running Windows 3.1, and the IP and location is always incorrect.  Again, it's lies, damn lies, and statistics.  Or you could just label it for what it actually is, fake news.

Archived