Help with error in batch file needed

Togijak

The manual of R Wipe & Clean says 

wrYudLt.png

but version 20 has no rwiperun.exe = and my resulting question in the rtt forum was "how can that be done in version 20?"  and the answer was 

You should use RwcRun.exe instead of rwiperun.exe. We'll correct the documentation.

That was the initial situation from where I created this batch file

ZZXtI0T.png

and that is the answer

MHVULiH.png

that C:\Program Files (x86)\R-Wipe & Clean is the program location and fist error seams to be the extra spaces in R-Wipe  & Clean

any hint what could be the reason why it don't work?

• Replies 4
  • Views 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you use the command "cd.." that only takes you back one folder out. Try using "cd\". The backslash takes you all the way out to the root.

Also, try opening a command prompt and move to the folders one at a time. I think it's having trouble finding the wipe and clean folder.

23 minutes ago, Togijak said:

that C:\Program Files (x86)\R-Wipe & Clean is the program location and fist error seams to be the extra spaces in R-Wipe  & Clean

Yes, that's the reason why it doesn't work. If there's any space in a path you must use always double quotes, like "C:\Program Files (x86)\R-Wipe & Clean".

@Togijak Try this:

@echo off

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\R-Wipe & Clean"

RwcRun.exe /t "used Documents"

pause

Note that cd.. and cd\ are not necessary, as long as you specify the root drive in the path (in this case c:\) you don't need to go to the root directory first, you can access that location from anywhere else.

Also, probably you'll need to specify the full path to that folder "used Documents", including the root dir in it.

Archived