Anyway to globally disable "Fullscreen optimizations" in Win10 1809?

JerryShaw

After Win 10 upgraded to 1809, some games like "Fallout 4", "COD 14" acnnot be running under fullscreen mode. Only "Boardless window" mode can fit fullscreen. But, I am running game with a 4K screen. When I set a resolution smaller than 4K (3840 * 2160), the game goes into window mode.

Google a lot, no luck. Even using the old registry method.

Now, the only way for me is to set properties for every .exe binary file to disable fullscreen optimizations.

Just want to know if anyone here knows a way to disable fullscreen optimizations globally.

Many thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Views 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be that games are too old? I've run Mass Effect Andromeda at full 4k and and 1080p resolutions, full screen, without any issues under 1809 fresh install.

9 hours ago, Ragusa said:

Could it be that games are too old? I've run Mass Effect Andromeda at full 4k and and 1080p resolutions, full screen, without any issues under 1809 fresh install.

Might be.

If I set the game resolution to 1080, it goes into window more, a small window on 4k. Fullscreen is unselectable.

But it goes OK after close fullscreen optimizations in the exe file property.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, sefton22 said:

Tried but failed.

In boderless mode, alt + enter changed the game resolution at my laptop. It goes into 3840 * 2160 when fit the screen. Too lag. I think it has something to do with the video driver, cuz, it's the vega M GL from AMD, but on the same die of I7 8705G. Driver is provided from intel, not AMD.

Thanks anyway.

Archived