AMD vs Intel: which chipmaker does processors better?

The AchieVer

Introduction

Introduction

Although the battle between Coffee Lake Refresh and AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation is still raging on, the war between Ryzen 3rd Generation and Sunny Cove is about to begin. It’s also time for us to dive into the perennial deathmatch: AMD vs Intel.

Essentially acting as the brain of your computer, the best processors are behind everything your PC does. This is why it’s so important to find the one for your specific needs – you don’t want to pay for features you don’t need. 

If you’ve been following the frantic war of Intel vs AMD as closely as we have over the years, you probably already know that AMD and Intel have traditionally focused on different segments of the CPU market. Where Intel has focused on higher clock speeds and efficiency with low core counts, AMD has focused on upping its core counts and boosting multi-threaded performance.

Still, AMD and Intel can still coexist – they cater to different audiences, with some direct competition in between. If you’re not quite sure which side of the fence you sit on, continue to the next slide for a constantly updated look at the AMD vs Intel battle.

Source

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intel - in reality

AMD - in synthetic hypothetical benchmarks which they get PC magazines to buy into, and which they do because they love to shift magazines with impressive and fake and inflated numbers to spray over their covers, only for users to find are complete bs when they get their hands on them (and then they will post all sorts of bs and worthless synthetic benchmarks of their own so they dont have to face the spectre that theyve been had, no one like sot realise theyve wasted their money) - aaannnndd repeat over the last 20 years...

Buy Intel, get on with life....

End of

My systems run on INTEL too

52 minutes ago, stylemessiah said:

Intel - in reality

AMD - in synthetic hypothetical benchmarks which they get PC magazines to buy into, and which they do because they love to shift magazines with impressive and fake and inflated numbers to spray over their covers, only for users to find are complete bs when they get their hands on them (and then they will post all sorts of bs and worthless synthetic benchmarks of their own so they dont have to face the spectre that theyve been had, no one like sot realise theyve wasted their money) - aaannnndd repeat over the last 20 years...

End of

lol. Great joke! I like it! 👍

Well I always idolize INTEL, but in terms of the best price for me is AMD (limited budget) to use it for 5 years before building new PC again in the future 😁

1 hour ago, trufpal said:

lol. Great joke! I like it! 👍

Im just guessing youre an AMD fanboy, usually they like to characterize anything thats against their myopic view as a joke, id use anything to try and not face the fact id been duped too.

I feel for you.

Next time, buy Intel, you'll actually get what you pay for

If any of you AMD fanboys, or sheep, really like i can post here a link every day to an article showing how they like to fudge their numbers. Perhaps ill start with all the reports from reviewers who have been sent dodgy motherboards with dodgy BIOS'es to enhance synthetic benchmarks over the years...but of course, you'll have an explanation for that too

Stop being butthurt about a vendor who lies

AMD lies, AMD has always lied. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, stylemessiah said:

Im just guessing youre an AMD fanboy, usually they like to characterize anything thats against their myopic view as a joke, id use anything to try and not face the fact id been duped too.

I feel for you.

Next time, buy Intel, you'll actually get what you pay for

If any of you AMD fanboys, or sheep, really like i can post here a link every day to an article showing how they like to fudge their numbers. Perhaps ill start with all the reports from reviewers who have been sent dodgy motherboards with dodgy BIOS'es to enhance synthetic benchmarks over the years...but of course, you'll have an explanation for that too

Stop being butthurt about a vendor who lies

AMD lies, AMD has always lied. Deal with it.

Says the kettle to the pot. 🤣

I'm currently using Intel, actually. The way you jump into assumption shows that you don't have objective view in this matter. So, who's the mindless fanboy here? A deluded Intel fanboy who can't accept the fact that AMD is getting better and closer to Intel level.

23 hours ago, trufpal said:

Says the kettle to the pot. 🤣

I'm currently using Intel, actually. The way you jump into assumption shows that you don't have objective view in this matter. So, who's the mindless fanboy here? A deluded Intel fanboy who can't accept the fact that AMD is getting better and closer to Intel level.

....whatever, butthurt

When in schooling use AMD often

Now intel, seems will never look back to AMD

dunno why😂

This year's AMD Ryzen are really good, most people use it for Budget Builds, often outperform intel in workstation.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, stylemessiah said:

Intel - in reality

End of

Lol do you work for Intel or have you been living under the rock for past 3 years?! 

Heard of Ryzen? Agree it doesn't deliver quite upto Intel level but then you don't have to pay a fortune to get just the processor and not to forget the cost of upgrading the whole platform with every new generation of intel processors. AMD is getting better and giving the end users a real choice for the very first time. And thats good for whom? Not Intel or AMD but for us, the buyers/consumers. I am on intel right now but might go for Zen 2 based processors when they launched. 😃

In reality it doesn't make any difference.  Both makers chips can process data faster than any other part of the computer.  The choke points are still, and have always been, the RAM, the HDD/SDD, and the video card.  There have been arguments for decades on which is the best.  I have used both over the last 20 years without any problems.  Matter of record, Intel has had more problems with its processors over the years than AMD.  Starting back in the late 80s and early 90s Intel chips failed tests and were re-marketed, such as their 386DX and SX chips and then their Pentium fiasco in the mid 90s.  There are people who are fans of one brand or another but in the end it really doesn't matter, people just like to argue. The choice point for many has always been price,  price of the processor and the motherboard that hosts it. 

These Ryzen spend to much on marketing then it research

AMD always maybe cheaper than Intel in every class but if you build a pc i always find AMD motherboard is higher

in the end there no difference

Archived