command prompt not opening in windows 10

mjall

I am on version 1809 build 17763.194; to be honest I don't use cmd a lot unless I need to check things manually, out of random I tried it last month some time and noticed this, I am not sure if its due to a windows upgrade or due to some malware from some software unfortunately but im curious to find a cure before re-installing windows as its funny that even after a recent windows update it did not resolve the issue

• Replies 62
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were you I'll do a clean install ……. since upgrade always cause some issues for me

Before that, but this one is not a solution.... it's just for testing only:

Create another user account and let see if you can open CMD from there

16 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

If I were you I'll do a clean install ……. since upgrade always cause some issues for me

Before that, but this one is not a solution.... it's just for testing only:

Create another user account and let see if you can open CMD from there

not a bad idea, I will try that, also I deleted those yellow items which autorun identified and my windows stopped loading except funnily a cmd prompt window where I can type in it but im blocked from running tasks such as chkdsk or others since its not run as an admin; I had to use the restore point in windows using the windows dvd while booting to restore to an old state, this is very funny yet interesting

can you guys confirm if the below are normal entries in the registry? I am trying to relate the two lines in yellow to the ones already there because this is the culprit, if u delete the yellow entries then windows won't load except a cmd prompt screen!

Image2.jpg

Image22.jpg.92f8cd237af6a588f85f8964709f46b1.jpg

Yellow entries are references in your registry usually to files that no longer exist on the system.  Under the Image path column it will probably say 'File not found'.

This can happen when you uninstall a program (usually a third party program) and the uninstall routine is sloppy enough to not clean up the registry when the uninstall routine is run.

Pink entries are also almost always from third party programs that you have installed and if you look under the Publisher column, it will say [Not Verified] and tell you the name of the third party company that authored the program - probably something you installed yourself.

Pink and 'Not Verified' does not necessarily mean the fils(s) are malicious - it just means that Autoruns can't understand the software signature on the file(s), or the authors may not have a software signature at all (more sloppiness).  Those will usually be third party executable or third party DLLs.  Look at the publisher column.

I would not worry about the pink ones, the yellow one you could delete if they say 'File not found' and that will remove it from your registry, but you have to be careful and make sure you backup your registry, make a System Restore point and all that stuff in case something goes wrong.

7 hours ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Exactly the same symptom

Hide contents

2018-12-16-093757.png

Source

oh wow, im glad im not the only one - I never tried deleting the folder, I guess will try that to see if I get a different response

seems I don't have the folder soundmixer as suggested, I guess maybe sometime before windows defender did half it's job and I have less the issues this guy has, my system runs perfectly besides not being able to run cmd or maybe other things which I never tried or never use in windows - I guess the only answer is re-install windows :) sadly

9 minutes ago, mjall said:

oh wow, im glad im not the only one

Y'all its one thing to have antivirus and antimalware but its another thing to disable it so you can download crap to create these problems in future try running your downloads through virus total before clusterf**king your system then advertising the fact here for us all to see its not rocket science :wtf:

4 minutes ago, DonyMach1 said:

Y'all its one thing to have antivirus and antimalware but its another thing to disable it so you can download crap to create these problems in future try running your downloads through virus total before clusterf**king your system then advertising the fact here for us all to see its not rocket science :wtf:

you got an attitude man, chill or just don't comment

19 hours ago, MrZeb said:

this worked very well, thanks for sharing

7 hours ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Exactly the same symptom

Reveal hidden contents

2018-12-16-093757.png

Source

this worked well for me :) 

sorry my friend I have sat back for six days watching this story unfold and I could not let this go any further with out having my say please forgive my harshness I will now leave your topic with one final comment anyone who thinks upgrading an infected system is good advice should go work for Microsoft good luck brother..

Archived