[Solved]I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.

Akaneharuka

As the topic said above [I have question about install new RAM on my notebook.]

I know that install 2 different ram capatibility will low the ram that why I will remove the 2 ram in my notebook and install this new.

Can I install this ram on my notebook ?

4tNf2oy.png

Here is my notebook ram

lJWouMf.png

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

The reason you have remove 2 bank because you have 4GBx2 (2 banks been used) so, if you want 16GB memory, then NEED 2 (8GB) memory rams.. I suggest get Dual Channel (2x8GB) DDR4 and this will work. That's about it..

ATGPUD2013

5 minutes ago, atgpud2003 said:

Hi,

The reason you have remove 2 bank because you have 4GBx2 (2 banks been used) so, if you want 16GB memory, then NEED 2 (8GB) memory rams.. I suggest get Dual Channel (2x8GB) DDR4 and this will work. That's about it..

ATGPUD2013

Oh you mean dual channel  is better than 1 single channel right ?  :) 

Thank you

Akane.

First you have to check whether your system supports additional RAM.

Unfortunately many laptops have sealed bottoms or memory that's soldered onto the motherboard, both situations which prevent you from upgrade the RAM. It's also possible that the system just can't recognize more than a certain amount of memory and you could already be at the max

6 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

Not exactly, it depends upon the manufacturer, as they provide the memory slots as per the system ‘s configuration 

Performance

Memory Specifications

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

I have 1 more last question. RAM VS SSD Who is win ? :(

RAM is random access memory ,a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly;

SSD on the other hand is solid state drive which could be the primary  or secondary drive  on your computer.

They are two different things and hence cannot be compared.

However, you can compare HDD versus SSD . In this case latter is faster, as there are no spinning heads , as in HDD

3 minutes ago, The AchieVer said:

RAM is random access memory a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly;

SSD on the other hand is solid state drive which could be the primary  or secondary drive  on your computer.

They are two different things and hence cannot be compared.

However, you can compare HDD versus SSD . In this case latter is faster, as there are no spinning heads , as in HDD

@The AchieVer Thank you :) Is that mean even if you have high Ram but your HDD reading speed is low you computer will not go faster right ?

11 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

@The AchieVer Thank you :) Is that mean even if you have high Ram but your HDD reading speed is low you computer will not go faster right ?

The capacity and speed of your computer's system memory, or RAM, can have a noticeable effect on your computer startup speed. However, the effects are only substantial to a point and apply to the law of diminishing returns.

Faster RAM can improve communication speed with the processor and decrease load times. Also, having enough RAM capacity to load the entire operating system and all startup programs will improve load times.

Generally, the more RAM your system has, the larger the digital countertop you have to work on and the faster your programs will run .

In addition to RAM, the speed of your computer's central processing unit, or CPU, has an important role in computer speed. The CPU is literally what processes the tasks your computer performs. The speed of your hard drive is also a factor in how quickly your computer starts, how fast programs load and how fast files are saved. If you are running video-intensive programs, the speed of your graphics card can also greatly affect your computer's speed. The motherboard, which contains the circuits connecting the CPU, RAM, hard drive and video card, is also a factor in computer speed.

Therefore, you cannot isolate RAM and HDD in determining the speed of your laptop, there are other inter-related factors which you have to consider.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, Akaneharuka said:

Thank you

Akane.

Yes.. All my laptop I have is Dual Ram does great, yes way better than 1 single channel..

ATGPUD2003

These days it is easy-peasy.  You go to Cloud Ram 2.0 and simply download it!  https://downloadmoreram.com/

26 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

I can decided now what I need to buy.

If I may ask you, why do you want to increase the RAM of your notebook?

1 hour ago, The AchieVer said:

If I may ask you, why do you want to increase the RAM of your notebook? 

Not me but for my father :(

He always use a lot of video editing stuff for his work and it take a lot of time when render that files.

Just now, Akaneharuka said:

He always use a lot of video editing stuff for his work and it take a lot of time when render that files.

Well in this case, increasing the RAM will surely help.

2 minutes ago, The AchieVer said:

Well in this case, increasing the RAM will surely help.

Yes, Thank you XD

Finally I decided to buy both of it :)

Got a lot of bonus form my part-times this month :rockon:

Archived