Speakers Too Quiet

Knightmare

Last night, I was playing videos just fine. I decided though to plug my earphones into my speakers so that I didn't disturbed my neighbours. After listening to a video, I unplugged my earphones to play a game, but when the game loaded, I thought there was no audio. I got closer to the speaker and realized that the sound was just really quiet. So I turned up the volume full blast and it sounded like it would on low volume. I checked the physical connection and it was fully plugged in. I tried to uninstall the sound driver to see if it would work with the standard Windows driver but it gave the same issue. I have ports in the front but I tried headphones instead of speakers. When I had the headphones plugged in, the right channel was playing in the left channel, and the left channel was playing in the right. I did have my speakers plugged into a surge protector because I added more electronics to my setup. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I had my UPS and a surge protector plugged into the same outlet. I have recently switched the surge protector with a 3-outlet plug instead, since I didn't need as many outlets as the surge protector offered. I move the speaker plug back into the UPS, but same issue. Then I shutdown the computer, opened the case, and cleaned it out with some canned air. Then I went to sleep because I was tired of messing with it. Today, I booted my computer and plugged the speakers back into the after enabling the high definition audio device for the NVIDIA driver that I don't have installed and the speakers are working. I did notice them popping a little bit, but now what I need to know is if I should be setting aside money for a new motherboard or if I should be getting new speakers.

• Replies 6
  • Views 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man.with.a.plan
1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Last night, I was playing videos just fine. I decided though to plug my earphones into my speakers so that I didn't disturbed my neighbours. After listening to a video, I unplugged my earphones to play a game, but when the game loaded, I thought there was no audio. I got closer to the speaker and realized that the sound was just really quiet. So I turned up the volume full blast and it sounded like it would on low volume. I checked the physical connection and it was fully plugged in. I tried to uninstall the sound driver to see if it would work with the standard Windows driver but it gave the same issue. I have ports in the front but I tried headphones instead of speakers. When I had the headphones plugged in, the right channel was playing in the left channel, and the left channel was playing in the right. I did have my speakers plugged into a surge protector because I added more electronics to my setup. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I had my UPS and a surge protector plugged into the same outlet. I have recently switched the surge protector with a 3-outlet plug instead, since I didn't need as many outlets as the surge protector offered. I move the speaker plug back into the UPS, but same issue. Then I shutdown the computer, opened the case, and cleaned it out with some canned air. Then I went to sleep because I was tired of messing with it. Today, I booted my computer and plugged the speakers back into the after enabling the high definition audio device for the NVIDIA driver that I don't have installed and the speakers are working. I did notice them popping a little bit, but now what I need to know is if I should be setting aside money for a new motherboard or if I should be getting new speakers.

Maybe you should get the speakers checked into some other computers (friend or workplace) and that should give you idea if the speakers are the problem... It can also be the connectors that are at fault...

I had some similar problem... Sometimes the speakers wont even connect but when I "rotated" the "cylindrical" connector, it would connect and then remained connected..

25 minutes ago, man.with.a.plan said:

Maybe you should get the speakers checked into some other computers (friend or workplace) and that should give you idea if the speakers are the problem... It can also be the connectors that are at fault...

I had some similar problem... Sometimes the speakers wont even connect but when I "rotated" the "cylindrical" connector, it would connect and then remained connected..

I checked the speakers in my laptop, and it gave the same issue. So hopefully, it's just the speakers, but I'm still wondering about the front panel ports switching channels.

man.with.a.plan
23 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I checked the speakers in my laptop, and it gave the same issue. So hopefully, it's just the speakers, but I'm still wondering about the front panel ports switching channels.

Yeah... Then it must be the speakers... If the headphones are working with the ports, then they should be good...

Archived