[Solved] [HELP] Android not recognised on Win 10 (1809)

man.with.a.plan

man.with.a.plan
2 hours ago, dMog said:

first thing before you reinstall win10..have you contacted the phone manufacturer...have you tried shutting off your fire wall and antivirus to see if that helps...

have you looked at this link

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-android/

I don't understand what the problem is.... As, when I plug it into my 2nd Laptop, it connect very well giving me options to Transfer,Charging,etc...

Also other android devices also connect to the 1st Laptop(the one I'm talking about) very well... It's just this Phone and this Laptop that doesn't connect...

2 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

try diff usb cable

Tried it man....

Edited by man.with.a.plan

it could be windows not accepting yournphone. bcause of. a specific driver.. could. be

• Windows 10 usb settings
  • bios (fast charging mode)
  • Win10 usb drivers screwed up or conflicting

BTW the ADB driver you are referring to are for NEXUS.. so it may not work with non NEXUS phones

Edited by teodz1984

Check Autoplay settings on the PC....    In start menu search block, type Autoplay.  You should see Autoplay settings.    Sometimes you'll get multiple listing for the same device.  There's an option to have it ask what to do every time or what ever you want the default to be for each attached device..  Your phone should be listed there...

P.S. - I know you've tried multiple cables but, I've been bitten by multiple charging cables that do not support data transfer.  Be sure the cable you are using works with another device.  Just sayin... ;)

Capture.thumb.JPG.a454d727c68ce2dac9a08805ecd5cacd.JPG

Edited by nickhog

best bet would be auto play settings....but hard to say though...certainly if someone here was able to sit in front of your computer and your phone they might be able to sort it out in short order for you...be a crying shame if you reinstalled windows and still had the same issue...i would factory reset my phone first before doing a complete windows reinstall...

man.with.a.plan
6 hours ago, dMog said:

best bet would be auto play settings....but hard to say though...certainly if someone here was able to sit in front of your computer and your phone they might be able to sort it out in short order for you...be a crying shame if you reinstalled windows and still had the same issue...i would factory reset my phone first before doing a complete windows reinstall...

I reinstalled the 1809 version... No Luck...

IF THERE IS SOME PROBLEM "WITH THE PHONE" THEN WHY DOES IT CONNECT TO OTHER PCs WITH(1803 ver Win 10)... I NEVER INSTALLED ANY DRIVERS ON THOSE OTHER PCs AND THEY JUST SHOW THE DEVICE INSTANTLY...

This is maddening.

These have solved similar problems for me:

COMMAND LINE | To show hidden devices in Device Manager

Click Start>Run.
    Type cmd.exe in the textbox and click OK.
    Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and hit ENTER.
    Type cd\windows\system32 and hit ENTER.
    Type start devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER.
    When the device manager opens, click the View menu.
    Click Show Hidden Devices.

Or in notepad (all files); save as .cmd--
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Also USBDeview
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

This gives you full control of all usb drivers. Find and delete a problem device driver, restart, and see if p'n'p builds a functional driver.

It doesn't hurt to have c++ redistributables installed:

https://baltagy1.blogspot.com/2018/04/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-repack.html

Edited by jabrwky
  • Like 3

On 12/6/2018 at 1:44 PM, man.with.a.plan said:

IF THERE IS SOME PROBLEM "WITH THE PHONE" THEN WHY DOES IT CONNECT TO OTHER PCs WITH(1803 ver Win 10)... I NEVER INSTALLED ANY DRIVERS ON THOSE OTHER PCs AND THEY JUST SHOW THE DEVICE INSTANTLY...

I just connected my tablet to my laptop.. it showed a partition of drivers which i could install on my laptop...

If I were you i'd copy those folders/files on the working laptop then to a flashdrive.. copy those and install on the erring laptop... That should give you the drivers to work with your laptop(s).

BTW ... ADB support may not work if your phone isn't rooted...

• Like 1

man.with.a.plan
16 hours ago, jabrwky said:

This is maddening.

These have solved similar problems for me:

COMMAND LINE | To show hidden devices in Device Manager

Click Start>Run.
    Type cmd.exe in the textbox and click OK.
    Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and hit ENTER.
    Type cd\windows\system32 and hit ENTER.
    Type start devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER.
    When the device manager opens, click the View menu.
    Click Show Hidden Devices.

Or in notepad (all files); save as .cmd--
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Also USBDeview
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

This gives you full control of all usb drivers. Find and delete a problem device driver, restart, and see if p'n'p builds a functional driver.

It doesn't hurt to have c++ redistributables installed:

https://baltagy1.blogspot.com/2018/04/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-repack.html

MANNN... I don't know what did it... But I missed one thing and it was AIO Runtimes.. When I installed it and rebooted the Windows with the Phone still connected, it showed the device...:thumbsup: :rockon:

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP...

Edited by man.with.a.plan