Astron

Macrium Reflect 7.2.3906 (x86/x64)

corky
On 12/4/2018 at 12:57 PM, Plexxor said:

Macrium Reflect Server Plus 7.2.3906 "Portable" (self extracting file) 

Site: https://www.solidfiles.com        
Sharecode[?]: /v/gnnNN4Q5GwM8Y

i'm getting 404 so cant download it.

corky
1 hour ago, corky said:

i'm getting 404 so cant download it.

please ignore i got it working now.

meilenstein

Hi

Whats the trick to get this portable version to work ? I tried with cleaning the system , but no success. By inserting the serial which is shown at startup,  I'm getting : " Offline activation will be required for this license key ".

Thanks in advance for hints

meilenstein

Thats what I get with cleaned OS , without internet, hmmmm..

macrium.png

Plexxor
1 hour ago, meilenstein said:

Hi

Whats the trick to get this portable version to work ? I tried with cleaning the system , but no success. By inserting the serial which is shown at startup,  I'm getting : " Offline activation will be required for this license key ".

Thanks in advance for hints

1. Uninstall Macrium Reflect.

2. Use the cleaner by Hawk007.

3. Reboot your computer.

4. Enable your internet connection.

5. Fill in the license key.

6. Follow the activation menu.

7. Your done.

meilenstein

Well, I guess, the mistake was to switch the internet off, so I tried it with it, but also no luck. I suspect the key is blacklisted already.....

Edit...Argh....thanks Plexxor, I tried it one last time, but with rebooting, which I generously passed over since. And : It worked in deed...:blush:

Edited by meilenstein

Earthnet

There's a bigger problem. Am I the only one?

I have uninstalled Reflect Workstation 7.2 so I can upgrade to the next revision, which is 7.2.3906.

I ran the Cleaner twice. Since I already have the Trial Code from Macrium which is now over 30 days old, I cannot install it.

The old license is embedded in the Registry or Filesystem in Win 10. Even when I use a  new code, the old one still populates upon install and cannot be edited.

The message reads "the trial period has expired." Reflect is blocked in my Firewall and I was disconnected from the internet at the time of cleaning and install.

I think the cleaner by Hawk needs to be revised for this version, or the .EXE needs some special medicine before running it. Macrium is getting smart.

Now I have no Macrium Workstation 7.2.x, on this box, so I'm not really happy.

I wouldn't dare touch my other system by uninstalling to upgrade it.

Any help appreciated!

EN :)

P.S. I haven't tried the portable - yet.

Edited by Earthnet

m345
5 hours ago, Earthnet said:

Any help appreciated!

That surly might related to some left over on your system.

what I can suggest is to take some action to remove any left over files / registry.

1. First turn off your AV and any other system protection solution includes the crap MS defender.

2. Confirm that you run the cleanup tool with Admin privilege since in some case  (depend of the user level authorities at the installation and the removal) many registry entries may restrict the access as so their removal , means they keep locked. if you want to have the highest rights better do it in safe mode it also release the security related issues.

3. Then you can use Sysinternals Autoruns for files trace.

4. Use Ccleaner and run the reg clean (be aware that its not a one click cleaner, [you should avoid using it that way ] you should confirm to know what you are removing before you perform the clean, check only the entries that are safe for removal ).

5. Try Total uninstall or revo uninstall to remove any possible left behind.

Good luck!

Edited by m345
added at first AV disability

fnsfernando

@Earthnet :

Complete Cleaning Macrium Reflect...

1. Uninstall Macrium Reflect previus version and delete folder instalation if exist.
3. Download "https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Regdelnull.zip".
4. Extract to "c:\" (x64: RegDelNull64.exe or x86: RegDelNull.exe).
5. Open as Admin prompt command in "c:\".
6. Run "RegDelNull64.exe -s" or "RegDelNull.exe -s" no prompt of command and after "Y" (important) .

image.png.4c69208eed7536d6309492193918b15f.png

Done, complete cleaning.... :clap:

Edited by fnsfernando

Rhadoo

Macrium_Reflect_Server_Plus_x64_v7.2.3906_Rescue_Disk (WinPE 10)

Site: https://mega.nz
Sharecode: /#!WcNghapa!Vpe9_sO0cXzGFLRxLsYNiAhCfj7SVOItGxkjdbq1GkQ

Password: nsane.down

Earthnet
9 hours ago, fnsfernando said:

@Earthnet :

Complete Cleaning Macrium Reflect...

1. Uninstall Macrium Reflect previus version and delete folder instalation if exist.
3. Download "https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Regdelnull.zip".
4. Extract to "c:\" (x64: RegDelNull64.exe or x86: RegDelNull.exe).
5. Open as Admin prompt command in "c:\".
6. Run "RegDelNull64.exe -s" or "RegDelNull.exe -s" no prompt of command and after "Y" (important) . 

image.png.4c69208eed7536d6309492193918b15f.png

Done, complete cleaning.... :clap:

Interesting. What exactly does this do? Just remove the trial license?

Do you still have to enter a valid email address and registration code?

Kindly clarify for me...

Many thanks! :)

Edited by Earthnet

hawk007
On 12/7/2018 at 4:56 AM, Earthnet said:

I think the cleaner by Hawk needs to be revised for this version, or the .EXE needs some special medicine before running it. Macrium is getting smart.

Lets check it again. :)

(1) Trial expired as 30 days grace period from older installation is expired.

L1w5sAD.png

(2) After running the cleaner, again possible to install for another 30 days trial period.

zSMlvFQ.png

Therefore, the cleaner is working 100%. It cleans the leftover registry values as well as remove the null registry value via Mark Russinovich's regdelnull tool.

From my original upload, Readme.txt:

If Trial Period is Expired and New Versions cannot be installed, do the followings:

1. Uninstall old version.
2. Run Cleaner.exe with Admin Rights. 
3. Install New Version or any version with 30 days new Trial Period.

For fully functional program, apply patch (not in this archive).

NOTE:
Removes "embedded null" reg key by Sysinternals RegDelNull tool and also Old License Data from the Registry.

Moreover, regdelnull tool can be invoked from Command Prompt (Admin) as well, as demonstrated above. In both cases, UAC control should be enabled and the tools should run with Admin Privileges.

Edited by hawk007

Earthnet
12 hours ago, hawk007 said:

Lets check it again. :)

(1) Trial expired as 30 days grace period from older installation is expired.

L1w5sAD.png

(2) After running the cleaner, again possible to install for another 30 days trial period.

zSMlvFQ.png

Hi and thanks for responding! I really appreciate your outstanding efforts! 😊

I have followed the simple instructions to the letter. Trying to install 7.2.3906 - X64 Workstation after my Trial expired.

The expired Macrium Reflect License Key does not get removed when I run the Cleaner as you had stated.

Something is going on. I'm using W10 Pro x64 Build 1809.

However this happened under 1803 as well.

It used to work for me just fine on a couple of 1803/1809 systems.

Somehow the old License Data is being retained with 3906 and I can't delete it.

Please clarify for me and thanks again! :beg:

Edited by Earthnet

funkyy
On 12/6/2018 at 7:56 PM, Earthnet said:

I have uninstalled Reflect Workstation 7.2 so I can upgrade to the next revision, which is 7.2.3906.

I ran the Cleaner twice. Since I already have the Trial Code from Macrium which is now over 30 days old, I cannot install it.

The old license is embedded in the Registry or Filesystem in Win 10. Even when I use a  new code, the old one still populates upon install and cannot be edited.

The message reads "the trial period has expired." Reflect is blocked in my Firewall and I was disconnected from the internet at the time of cleaning and install.

Now I have no Macrium Workstation 7.2.x, on this box, so I'm not really happy.

Any help appreciated!

EN :)

P.S. I haven't tried the portable - yet.

I'm not one of the experts on here, but I have installed the last 3 versions of Macrium Reflect Workstation on my Win 7 (x64) without any great difficulty and with Redeploy enabled. You seem to have done everything correctly, but I didn't notice if you rebooted after using Hawk's cleaner and THEN installing the latest version and applying the patch. I hope it's something as simple as that. Good luck.😀😀😀

Earthnet
11 hours ago, funkyy said:

I'm not one of the experts on here, but I have installed the last 3 versions of Macrium Reflect Workstation on my Win 7 (x64) without any great difficulty and with Redeploy enabled. You seem to have done everything correctly, but I didn't notice if you rebooted after using Hawk's cleaner and THEN installing the latest version and applying the patch. I hope it's something as simple as that. Good luck.😀😀😀

Oh, sure. Reboot always done.

I need to test on another W10 Pro computer that does not have MR on it and with an expired code, it's the only way.

Thanks for chiming in. :yes:

front360

I read HERE that in this new version, "Before proceeding with the setup process, you must disable your network connection (otherwise the program will require registration)".  Is this true, I'm using Home version?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by front360

uffbros

correct..when you come to that window about registering..just uncheck it and continue the install

front360

that's hat I usually do, but this pic doesn't have that check mark thingy, but it is Server Plus and I only use Home.

Spoiler

ANifNWn.png

Edited by front360

uffbros

Yeah...I use home and it didn't have that above

uffbros

I downloaded the portable version on my kids computer. I then proceeded to make an image of the C drive just like I do on my installed version on my machine. My computer saves the image as 1 file. My kids saves as 4 files. Why would it be doing this? I like the 1 file. No I'm not selecting to make incremental. I unchecked all that stuff as I do full every time. Any clues?