[Solved] Only SMPS/PSU fan works

Jime234

Hello,

I noticed that the SMPS/PSU fan is turning ON but at a slower speed than usual but the CPU fan is at stand still. : (
I have a card reader installed on the chassis which has a red led light, usually that light in ON but now it is very dim and blinking continuously.
What could have went wrong with my PC ? 

• Replies 6
  • Views 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

First start with the wires / plugs. Remove them and re-insert them and try again.

You need to mention the PSU model though.

16 hours ago, DKT27 said:

First start with the wires / plugs. Remove them and re-insert them and try again.

You need to mention the PSU model though.

Sir,

I tried the "First start with the wires / plugs. Remove them and re-insert them and try again." but no good.

I checked the PSU by green and black cable short circuit, it turned ON and its fan ran at full speed !

PSU is a local one, 450W : (

• Administrator
On 11/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, Jime234 said:

Sir,

I tried the "First start with the wires / plugs. Remove them and re-insert them and try again." but no good.

I checked the PSU by green and black cable short circuit, it turned ON and its fan ran at full speed !

PSU is a local one, 450W : (

As for local ones, I have wasted years of my efforts behind those crappy ones. PSU is the most important part of the computer and go for only good models from good companies.

Back to the main issue, this does look like a motherboard issue. PSUs, depending on the load, their fan speed do increase or slow a bit. However, if the fan speed of PSU is way to slow then it can be PSU issue I think.

Is the motherboard speaker giving an starting sound there.

18 hours ago, DKT27 said:

As for local ones, I have wasted years of my efforts behind those crappy ones. PSU is the most important part of the computer and go for only good models from good companies.

Back to the main issue, this does look like a motherboard issue. PSUs, depending on the load, their fan speed do increase or slow a bit. However, if the fan speed of PSU is way to slow then it can be PSU issue I think.

Is the motherboard speaker giving an starting sound there.

Sir,

The mobo wasn't giving any beeps on power ON : (

Anyways, the real culprit was the PSU, got a new one yesterday and system is up ! : )

For now, all I can afford is a local crappy PSU : (

And the mobo seems to be just fine.. everything works..

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Jime234 said:

Sir,

The mobo wasn't giving any beeps on power ON : (

Anyways, the real culprit was the PSU, got a new one yesterday and system is up ! : )

For now, all I can afford is a local crappy PSU : (

And the mobo seems to be just fine.. everything works..

Good to hear that. Incase, you want to buy a good one later, these guys make the best PSUs out there. You do not even need to look at the individual models and their reviews, they are all good. Also, just to add, most computers without graphics card do not require a higher watt PSU out there.

Archived