Best PDF editors with smooth scrolling.

man.with.a.plan

man.with.a.plan

I've been using Nitro Pro for reading books. It's fast AF but one thing I noticed was that the Edge browser allowed smooth scrolling with touchpad and that I could move down the text as little as I liked but with Nitro, it's like a "jerk-scrolling" . Any suggestions regarding this? Also Adobe is pretty slow... So any suggestions?:duh:

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try Pdf Expert 6 .

Is photom Pdf good for reading? 

For PDF viewing, I prefer SumatraPDF for it's speedy loading and bare-bone fullscreen optics.

For PDF editing, I prefer Iceni Infix Pro — have also got Adobe Acrobat on all my systems (but Iceni Infix Pro offers superior editing options.)

man.with.a.plan
4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

For PDF viewing, I prefer SumatraPDF for it's speedy loading and bare-bone fullscreen optics.

For PDF editing, I prefer Iceni Infix Pro — have also got Adobe Acrobat on all my systems (but Iceni Infix Pro offers superior editing options.)

Thanks.. But is there a soft with both these qualities?

3 hours ago, man.with.a.plan said:
7 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Thanks.. But is there a soft with both these qualities?

It's not possible ATM, for a software to have both qualities — the moment the PDF editing factor is brought into the picture, all hopes of a speedy loading are dashed to the ground.

My workaround is to default the opening (viewing) of PDF files to SumatraPDF — on the those occasions when I need to edit PDF files, I just need to right-click them to access my PDF editors (Iceni Infix Pro and Adobe Acrobat)—

ey7cMJQ.png

After years of trying all the well-known PDF apps (and some of the less-known), Tracker Software products have become my favourites: PDF-XChange Editor for editing AND viewing & PDF-XChange PRO (which contains the Editor) for editing, viewing, and printing. Their PDF-XChange Viewer is also a superb PDF reader with basic editing functions - and very light on resources.

man.with.a.plan
6 hours ago, keyman said:

After years of trying all the well-known PDF apps (and some of the less-known), Tracker Software products have become my favourites: PDF-XChange Editor for editing AND viewing & PDF-XChange PRO (which contains the Editor) for editing, viewing, and printing. Their PDF-XChange Viewer is also a superb PDF reader with basic editing functions - and very light on resources.

I'm unable to set it as the default reader... I used changing using the "Properties" option of PDF files... Also used the Default Apps opion in Settings...

What to do? 

5 minutes ago, man.with.a.plan said:

I'm unable to set it as the default reader... I used changing using the "Properties" option of PDF files... Also used the Default Apps opion in Settings...

What to do? 

Are you using the portable version? Because portables cannot usually be made default programs. Otherwise, if you use the INSTALLED version, you should get this screen at startup, from which you can make it the default program for PDFs:sshot-1.jpg

man.with.a.plan
1 minute ago, keyman said:

Are you using the portable version? Because portables cannot usually be made default programs. Otherwise, if you use the INSTALLED version, you should get this screen at startup, from which you can make it the default program for PDFs:sshot-1.jpg

When I first installed it, it asked if I wanted to make it default.. That time I checked on never to remind me... But when I try now to change the default Sumatra to PDF-XChange Editor, it reverts to MS Edge. I tried reinstalling...

4 minutes ago, man.with.a.plan said:

When I first installed it, it asked if I wanted to make it default.. That time I checked on never to remind me... But when I try now to change the default Sumatra to PDF-XChange Editor, it reverts to MS Edge. I tried reinstalling...

Have you tried setting the default in Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations?

man.with.a.plan
Just now, keyman said:

Have you tried setting the default in Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations?

Yeah... Just tried it.. It worked after going through Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations and making it default... Now it doesn't reverts back.. Thanks

2 minutes ago, man.with.a.plan said:

Yeah... Just tried it.. It worked after going through Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations and making it default... Now it doesn't reverts back.. Thanks

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy using it :)

On 12/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, man.with.a.plan said:

it reverts to MS Edge. I tried reinstalling...

Another way would be to right click on the pdf file < open with < select your pdf reader < then check the box which states always use this app.

5 hours ago, nir said:

SumtraPDF as default viewer is excellent.  For editing PDF-XChange on demand is sufficient for my needs.

I use that combination too, or PDF-XChange Viewer for viewing & PDF-XChange Editor for editing - ONLY because in version 7 the XChange Editor has rendering glitches, otherwise I use that for all my PDF needs. As a fallback, I very rarely use Acrobat - for everything.

3 hours ago, Ehsan said:

Infix pdf editor

or

Master pdf editor

both are good

Has Infix got better at scrolling? I remember it was pretty choppy a few versions ago, when I last used it.

EDGE is very good for pdf viewing it has protected access too. By chance pdf contains virus it will be blocked immediately.  

Archived