Vivaldi 2.1.1337.51

Karamjit

Vivaldi is a Chromium-based web browser for power users that is fast, rich in functionality, flexible and puts the user first. Vivaldi’s interface is very customizable. Vivaldi combines simplicity and fashion to create a basic, highly customizable interface that provides everything a internet user could need. The browser allows users to customize the appearance of UI elements such as background color, overall theme, address bar and tab positioning, and start pages. Vivaldi features the ability to "stack" and "tile" tabs, annotate web pages, add notes to bookmarks and much more.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most innovative browser you will find. So many great features that you won't find in other browsers.

Two years now as my main browser (just tested it before that). Very little left to complain about.

I just read an article speculating that Chrome may be getting tab groups (Firefox used to have that feature, for a while, but it was pulled). Opera doesn't have them either. It's easy to get spoiled by Vivaldi.

2 hours ago, HandyPAF said:

The most innovative browser you will find. So many great features that you won't find in other browsers.

I disagree. It has nothing that other browsers don't have. Especially when you compare it to its main rival Opera. Opera on the other hand has TONS of things no one else has and does things that others have so much better it's almost no competition. Like for example integrated adblock in Opera. It's so good and so fast it never crosses my mind to use uBlock. Or something as simple as Video Popout function. Other browsers try to have such feature using extension and ALL of them are useless garbage because they either popout whole video only from beginning and the window is not "always on top". Where Opera has it "always on top" and you can seamlessly transition between normal window and popout window while video is playing.

• Tabs can be grouped under a single tab to easily keep track of all open webpages.
  • Compatible with most Chrome extensions since Vivaldi is built on Chromium
  • Built for power users, includes lots of niche functionality 
  • Ability to search through settings, history, open tabs, bookmarks in one place
  • ull of customizable keyboard shortcuts (can be completely keyboard-driven)
  • Cross-platform, available on Windows, Linux, and OS X with Mobile version in the works
  • UI is easily customized since Vivaldi uses JavaScript, React, Node.js, Browserify, and multiple npm packages
  • Web Panels allow for easy access to any site from the side panel
  • A notes panel allows leaving notes on webpages and can include screenshots, tags, and organized in folders
  • Integrated mouse gestures allows for navigating the web, switching tabs, closing windows, opening settings etc. with a flick of the mouse
  • has a built-in customizable Reader Mode so you can remove all the clutter in news pages and read only the content
  • View graphically the most visited pages on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis
  • Tab behavior can be customized: the order you toggle, open, close or clone tabs can be modified
  • Grab a picture of the whole webpage or part of it and save it in a note or as a file
  • Add as many search engines as you want, use them from the URL bar by prefixing it's nickname (yt for YouTube, for example)
  • Bookmarks can be easily accessible via Speed Dial, side-bar, bookmarks bar, quick commands
  • Cross browser extensions with Opera and Chrome, Firefox web-ext's too
  • A setting lets you prevent closing fixed tabs so you don't close anything important by accident
  • Everything can be synced with a completely free Vivaldi account
  • Allows navigating to the next page without searching for the link
  • Users can change tab bar position to top, bottom, left, or right
  • A built-in setting called "Broadcast IP" will stop the IP leaking with WebRTC when disabled
  • VPN is available by extension, also routing through Tor network
  • Faster than Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
  • Comes with a default dark theme that's easy on the eyes
  • Usable fullscreen mode with address bar when needed
  • Vivaldi gives you a dialog box when an new version comes out; it doesn't just update silently in the background. The dialog box tells you about the changes that have been made, and lets you chose when you want to update
  • Presto Opera (Vivaldi's predecessor) is the reason we have a number of common browser features, including tabs and speed dial
  • Vivaldi can change the colors across the browser and has the option to change the color automatically depending on the page
  • Page loading animations are available in the address bar

and then there's this

• Developed by Vivaldi Technologies, a company founded by Opera Software co-founder and former CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner and Tatsuki Tomita

Maybe not needed, but anyway wanted to give my opinion.

I'm on the internet since there was still only Compuserve. Have used most browsers over the years like Netscape and the likes.

If you are anywhere serious about browsing, you should use Vivaldi.

At the moment I've got both final and dev installed. 

It's a mayor relief when it comes to productivity, speed, usability and privacy. 

Opera was promising, but I really fail to see how you can still recommend it after they were bought out by the Chinese.

If you wanted to go that route you may as well try Otter Browser.

Vivaldi is beyond doubt the best browser available atm.

Firefox is and always has been a hyped browser. 

Most people still use Chrome because they are not aware of its business model and what that means to the individual.

People should avoid Google products whenever possible. 

Cheers.

Vivaldi was totally useless before they changed bookmarks as they are in Chrome or something. So innovative they were: You had to double click bookmark to open site. 

1 minute ago, Radpop said:

Vivaldi was totally useless before they changed bookmarks as they are in Chrome or something. So innovative they were: You had to double click bookmark to open site. 

I agree, but there were already many bookmark extensions available.  I used one back then, it was called "pop my bookmarks" or something.

That didn't spoil the fun however.

What is important is to see how far they have come in so little time, now consider the features they managed to pack in there...

Cheers.

The Vivaldi developers listen to their users.
"We’re building a browser that is powerful, personal and flexible. A browser that adapts to you, not the other way around."

You can contribute by expressing your view on their forum.

Get the latest Vivaldi news and previews of what's coming, discuss customization options and extensions, let the devs know if you have any feature requests, and so on.

The second favorite browser for me after Chrome. I like the UI and configuration feature, also doesn't hiccup when scrolling an old post.

20 hours ago, Escorpiom said:

What is important is to see how far they have come in so little time

They were gone too far and now they are  coming closer to ordinary user like me. Normal way to use bookmarks was that thing for me. I don't like spying extensions. Vivaldi also runs light on resources but I thank latest Chromium engine for that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Vivaldi 2.2.1388.37 32-64 bit Multilingual PortableAppZ

Download Portable Vivaldi snapshot Online (0.8 MB)
In first screen enter: 2.3.1401.7
Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/7159838/Vivaldi_Portable_snapshot_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Download Portable Vivaldi stable Online (0.8 MB)
In first screen enter: 2.2.1388.37 or 1.0.435.46 for XP/Vista
Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/7159837/Vivaldi_Portable_stable_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Archived