Rep...should have two distinct "laughs" to choose from

K7108

vGUFAOy.png

IMHO these forums should have 2 laughs to choose from. A laugh at AND a laugh with. :) Usually when I pick the "laugh" it is because I am laughing at , usually because someone is stupid or over-zealous. IMO there should be a distinction so there is no mis-understanding. 

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, K7108 said:

vGUFAOy.png

IMHO these forums should have 2 laughs to choose from. A laugh at AND a laugh with. :) Usually when I pick the "laugh" it is because I am laughing at , usually because someone is stupid or over-zealous. IMO there should be a distinction so there is no mis-understanding. 

I don't like the idea of laughing AT fellow Nsane members. There's enough bullying and trolling in the world without this great site lowering itself to that level.🙁🙁🙁

• Administrator

I agree with what funkyy has said. Eitherway, abuse of such is not allowed.

Also, we did about adding one more reaction. I do not remember which one but it was considered. But then it was felt that as these are official IPB added reactions which are specific in size and similar in aesthetics with each other, better let them stay as they are here.

4 hours ago, DKT27 said:

abuse of such is not allowed

I dont feel laughing at someone is abuse, that is unless you are an over-sensitive millennial, then the abuse may occur only in their head for sure, not my problem.

BTW I did not really expect an additional "laugh" to be added, so it is all good. Carry on sir.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, K7108 said:

I dont feel laughing at someone is abuse, that is unless you are an over-sensitive millennial, then the abuse may occur only in their head for sure, not my problem.

BTW I did not really expect an additional "laugh" to be added, so it is all good. Carry on sir.

I'm not "over-sensitive" I can assure you of that...you can laugh at me until your head falls off and it won't faze me at all 😀😀😀.. but I am respectful of other people. But in your post you said "....usually because someone is stupid....". Not everyone is computer savvy or at the same level of ability as some of the veterans on this site but that doesn't make them "stupid".  I don't know how to perform a medical surgery on a person, does that mean that a surgeon will consider me "stupid"? One of the great things about this site is that people can ask questions and ask for help, and that help is freely given by some very clever and generous guys.

There are a lot of kids in the world who have been bullied at school and many times there is no physical violence just the constant humiliation of being laughed at by their peers...it IS abuse. I know I'm drawing an extreme example from another situation, but remember these forums are open to all. Welcome to Nsane😀😀😀

24 minutes ago, funkyy said:

but I am respectful of other people. But in your post you said "....usually because someone is stupid....". Not everyone is computer savvy or at the same level of ability as some of the veterans on this site but that doesn't make them "stupid".  I don't know how to perform a medical surgery on a person, does that mean that a surgeon will consider me "stupid"?

Very well put.

1 hour ago, funkyy said:

One of the great things about this site is that people can ask questions and ask for help, and that help is freely given by some very clever and generous guys.

and that is why I stayed 🙂

Spoiler
1 hour ago, funkyy said:

you can laugh at me until your head falls off

😂

Archived