[Suggest] Best Data Recovery Software

DR_ADHAM

You kinda messed up the recovery.

Ideally , you should never try to recover the data to the same disk from where you are attempting to recover it at first place, as you never know from which sectors it’s recovering and to which sector it’s writing, hence the data is overwritten.

Now, whether you will be able to recover.exe and or iso files again  depends upon the application being used to recover and if it’s built to recover the same, surely it will.

Hope this helps 

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought another HDD and I'm restoring now .. All my files appear in the list

So I'll wait till restoration is complete (maybe by tomorrow) and will check their validity although I restored some to check and working great (no corrupt files) .. Hope everything will go smoothly.

31 minutes ago, Jogs said:

Be prepared to get a huge list, deepscan will show all the files that have been deleted previously .

Yeah, I choosed to restore only the list I want .. Hope every thing will be Ok at the end.

Thanks to God, then your support : I've restored 98% of my data with success 

As a consequence, I can highly recommend this software: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard

4 hours ago, JoPulga said:

Make sure files not corrupted 

Yeah, I've spent time checking them:

1% missing & 1% corrupt

Thus, I said 98% success.

• 2 weeks later...

2018-12-02_134612.thumb.png.9c7b6464c495df1c698ebbfd1b6d6170.png

I use the easus data recovery wizard to recover formatted data from the hard drive. nevertheless later found only swf files.
so one question I have, what can I do with swf files? whereas the previous data contains various files ranging from text to ISO.

Most likely those Raw files shown are damaged/incomplete... They were overwritten in part with other files and your recovery software detected the leftover parts. The Raw ones are gone... you shouldn't bother with Deep Scan. Even if the size of the raw files seems to be the one u remember.

U can rename those files with the proper name (if u remember) and use torrents to download the missing parts. Might work with some.

5 minutes ago, jbleck said:

U can rename those files with the proper name (if u remember) and use torrents to download the missing parts. Might work with some.

Unfortunately ... I don't remember the name of my previous file

@Icow

In order to be able to restore your data from a formatted hard or drive there must be one condition:

You didn't touch this hard or drive after the problem (i.e: you didn't add or remove or edit or change format type; in other words this hard or drive has not been overwritten in any way)

Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll not be able to restore any data.

When this condition is fulfilled, you can go on with the restore process and you must restore to another hard other than that you're restoring from. 

22 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

@Icow

In order to be able to restore your data from a formatted hard or drive there must be one condition:

You didn't touch this hard or drive after the problem (i.e: you didn't add or remove or edit or change format type; in other words this hard or drive has not been overwritten in any way)

yes so far I still leave the drives empty

2018-12-02_141106.thumb.png.066eaafa97613f5fec48de383315f5f1.png

35 minutes ago, Icow said:

yes so far I still leave the drives empty

Not just empty, I mean no previous trials to restore to this hard and no editing in any ways.

4 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Not just empty, I mean no previous trials to restore to this hard and no editing in any ways.

I did nothing on the drive (D, E, F, G) after they were formatted .... I only use drive C

1 minute ago, Icow said:

I did nothing on the drive (D, E, F, G) after they were formatted .... I only use drive C

Even drive C (still talking about the same HDD)

I'm afraid in your case it'll be so difficult to restore data.

6 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Even drive C (still talking about the same HDD)

I'm afraid in your case it'll be so difficult to restore data.

Oh my God, HD was formed because wrong of the action when "reset This PC" ... so in this case I lost 100% of my old data?

really something bad has happened to me.

16 minutes ago, Icow said:

Oh my God, HD was formed because wrong of the action when "reset This PC" ... so in this case I lost 100% of my old data?

really something bad has happened to me.

You'll lose nothing more, run the restore process and see the result.

8 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

You'll lose nothing more, run the restore process and see the result.

you forgot to mention that he has to attach the drive as slave drive to be able to restore any data; it'll never work if he runs the process from the same drive as where Windows is installed.

In his case I even have doubts if he can succeed in restoring any files

@Icow

SWF (pronounced “swif”) was originally an acronym for Shockwave Flash. Later, it was modified by Adobe to mean Small Web Format.

.SWF typically refers files in a format which can have either video or interactive data (such as games). In the case of video data, you can convert these to a different video format/container (e.g. .MP4) with programs such as ffmpeg. Interactive data won't typically convert to anything useful .

Professionell data recovery software after wrong formatting, partitioning, deletions. Restores the full file system structure.

Cloning hard drives, partitions, USB sticks and more. The full version supports high image compression, sector re-read strategie, real partition reduceing.

http://www.easis.com/download.html

What you need to do first
Please read carefully!
Please make sure you have all the storage devices needed. You will need another recovery
device where you can install the software and later save the recovered data to.

This may be:
another hard disk, ZIP drive or a USB stick
an undamaged partition on the same hard drive or
another workstation when you are part of a PC network.
Apart from this we highly recommend to make an image of the damaged device before the
recovery process. For this you will need an extra storage device.
Doing this you will keep the original storage media in the best possible state and you may
use it for a physical recovery procedure later in a laboratory if necessary. This applies
especially if a physical damage cannot be excluded.
With every working process on a damaged disk more data are destroyed, even when only
reading. You should not use Data LifeSaver on a disk itself that has too many physical
damages. Create an image first and work on this!
Professional data recovery is always working on a copy never on the original!
The more you work on a damaged storage device, the less data you will be able to recover.
Cease all operating with the device. This includes surfing on the internet!

Free testing pfeil.png Manual (pdf)

@aliyx Okay I'll try later, I've tried booting from another HDD. do recovery with easus data recovery wizard, the result is only SWF (RAW) files. so I can't do anything about it.

2018-12-02_231238.png.f1c2e802e274b77de7c51976d71f06a8.png

2018-12-02_184050.thumb.png.ebfb90acd6f1c944ac1ded93ad7385cd.png

5 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

you forgot to mention that he has to attach the drive as slave drive to be able to restore any data; it'll never work if he runs the process from the same drive as where Windows is installed.

In his case I even have doubts if he can succeed in restoring any files

possibility...That's right what you say, even though I have tried booting from another HDD, reality it can't recover anything except file swf (RAW). Therefore, finally I have to realize that all the files that have been stored since 2011 disappeared in an instant by my sister, aged 9 years

4 minutes ago, Icow said:

Therefore, finally I have to realize that all the files that have been stored since 2011 disappeared in an instant by my sister, aged 9 years

no backups?

Archived