[Suggest] Best Data Recovery Software

DR_ADHAM

Today I formatted by mistake my external USB WD Elements HDD

81DsBcY7DeL._SL1500_.jpg

All my Data throughout nearly 5-6 years (about 750 GB) have gone.

Please if any one could suggest me a really working (efficient) data recovery software to accomplish that mission,

Then I would be very grateful !!

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying EaseUS Data Recovery right now but about 2.5 hrs and the marker is still at a very low level as shown

aPD1Mun.png

If I stopped scanning and tried to recover these findings, will I be able to scan for the rest items again or the program will not detect them anymore ???

Try Data Rescue 5 

Homepage

If I stopped scanning and tried to recover these findings, will I be able to scan for the rest items again or the program will not detect them anymore ??? 

yes you are able to scan items again and again just don't restore any files on that HDD otherwise you can't able to restore it fully.

Don't save any file on that HDD from which you want to recover your data.

The data you are trying to recover is around 750 gb ,and you are performing deep scan , hence it’s going to take quite some time.

further , the app will scan your entire HDD and will try to recover data which was just deleted, (the data which can be recovered, unless you performed secure delete, using any app).

Hope this helps 

The HDD from where you are trying to recover the data should not be used,as you use the HDD the chances of recovery diminishes.

further, choose a different location to restore your recovered data.

Hope this helps 😊

I have had good success with runtime GetDataBack.

I'd first clone the drive, then use the clone for recovery attempts.

It's an awful feeling to lose so much. We're all here to help!

The amount of data you lost is quite big. Scanning the whole drive for so much amount of data is going to take a lot of time, its going to be nearly same for all the softwares. But you can first use quick scan and see if it can recover the required data. Some times quick scan is enough, just telling by my experience.

3 hours ago, nOkialpha said:

yes you are able to scan items again and again just don't restore any files on that HDD otherwise you can't able to restore it fully.

Don't save any file on that HDD from which you want to recover your data.

And where I will put all these data (about 750 GB) & I don't have this space on any of my PCs !!

26 minutes ago, Jogs said:

The amount of data you lost is quite big. Scanning the whole drive for so much amount of data is going to take a lot of time, its going to be nearly same for all the softwares. But you can first use quick scan and see if it can recover the required data. Some times quick scan is enough, just telling by my experience.

Yes I already tried quick scan at 1st but didn't recover the data

So, a very important question:

Could this restore .exe and .iso files ????

As I see all are pdfs, images, rar files and etc ...

R-Studio, no more.

4 minutes ago, masterupc said:

R-Studio, no more.

You're sure this is a data recovery software !!

Because the program's home page doesn't say it is!!

1 hour ago, DR_ADHAM said:

And where I will put all these data (about 750 GB) & I don't have this space on any of my PCs !!

You have to have another hdd with space to recover your data, do not save any files to the hdd to be recovered, if you can not lose your data ...
And I was able to recover my with "R-Studio Network Edition Multilingual"....

http://www.r-studio.com/downloads/RStudio8.exe

I hope I have helped ...

I left the PC open at my office at work,

Tomorrow I'll see where we arrived with EaseUS Data Recovery

But the question: what will happen if I tried to restore to this HDD ??

in this situation take help from your bottle friends
borrow external HDD disk from your friends then restore data on these drives
keep one thing in mind if you write/restore or save any data on that drive then old data is overwritten by new files and it will become hard and hard to restore all files
try to use active@ unformat already shared full version link
if you want individual unformat program then search on forum

1 minute ago, nOkialpha said:

in this situation take help from your bottle friends
borrow external HDD disk from your friends then restore data on these drives
keep one thing in mind if you write/restore or save any data on that drive then old data is overwritten by new files and it will become hard and hard to restore all files
try to use active@ unformat already shared full version link
if you want individual unformat program then search on forum

@nOkialpha

Unfortunately I used "Active@ Data Studio" at 1st to restore

and unfortunately also I was restoring to that HDD (I didn't know that info at that time)

and unfortunately again the power source was off so my PC shut down

After restart "Active@ Data Studio" didn't detect files any more

So I used EaseUS Data Recovery as I showed in the 2nd post

I left it to deeply scan because I saw it'll take a very long time and went back home

Tomorrow I'll see where things are

What are my chances with all these data ????

Also, I'm not seeing any exe or iso files in the list and these are the most imp. for me 

Chances are low but don't loose hope

Deep scan will take long time and it will show you very very old files/folders when it finished.
As you already tried to restored the data on same drive, even after deep scan easus will not able to restorae yours files /folders, ,may be it will show data is successfully restored even then most of the data will become unusable/corrupt.

you can't see any exe, iso thats means files are gone overwritten by restoration process now only those files/folders are recoverable which are not overwritten by active@

try to use bootcd if you are using installers you will get better and fast results.

6 minutes ago, nOkialpha said:

Chances are low but don't loose hope

Deep scan will take long time and it will show you very very old files/folders when it finished.
As you already tried to restored the data on same drive, even after deep scan easus will not able to restorae yours files /folders, ,may be it will show data is successfully restored even then most of the data will become unusable/corrupt.

you can't see any exe, iso thats means files are gone overwritten by restoration process now only those files/folders are recoverable which are not overwritten by active@

Tomorrow will see; either black or white day waiting for me 😂

I left the PC open at my office at work,

Tomorrow I'll see where we arrived with EaseUS Data Recovery

But the question: what will happen if I tried to restore to this HDD ??

Good recovery software should not allow you to do the recovery to the same HDD that was scanned.

Its mandatory to have another drive to put the recovered files and expect to have allot more than 750GB because the software will try to recover also files that you have deleted long time ago...

It depends on the amount of new data written to the drive because it will overwrite the old data that was stored on the now used area of the HDD.

Archived