outdated joomla / wordpress installation finder script

Jan38

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is some piece of software available to scan the web for outdated/not updated Joomla and/or wordpress installations?

• Replies 9
  • Views 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Jan38 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is some piece of software available to scan the web for outdated/not updated Joomla and/or wordpress installations?

I do not understand what you want. But I can tell you that wordpress and joomla are regularly updated, but both use the old version of php.
If I remember correctly, WordPress till now uses php 5.2 if anywhere else is used at least php 7.0, on some cases even php 7.2,
So, they are both very ancient and there is nothing to check.

Current stable joomla is version 3.9.0, dev is Version 4.0.0 Alpha 4
Current stable WordPress is  WordPress 4.9.8, dev is WordPress 5.0 Beta 5

I mean some kind of scanner that recognizes older versions of the CMS's (old versions) or not updated versions, not php versions :)

He's looking for ways of "Googling" sites that are using outdated versions of said platforms. More than likely for exploit/deface purposes.

Having said that though, I doubt this is the place to be looking for such things.

No it's not for hacking etc it is to find people that do not know they run outdated software and to help them with that I wish I knew more of exploit etc but I don't  

you can use wpscan on Kali to scan remote outdated wp/theme or plugins

Joomla I don't know.

wpscan is to scan within wp sites?

and Kali... cant find anything about this program...

any hints or links?

it's just to scan 'the web' for these outdated or not updated installations, it's my job creating and maintaining WP and Joomla websites that's why i'm interested in some sort of scan utility

Archived