Firefox issues with insane forum.

Betts1964

On 11/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, funkyy said:

When I come to Nsane and click on something on the Front Page it takes me to the page and, as it's my first visit of the day since switching on my computer, I click to sign in at the top right, click my details and then it doesn't take me back to the topic that I opened from the Front Page

Things like this 👆 have happened to me multiple times recently and were always accompanied by automatic logout.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, funkyy said:

the "empty" icons behaviour happens on some other sites, not all, and maybe that is a Firefox problem

When on a slower internet connection, I could see those "empty" icons change to normal icons in Firefox on one other site as well. In Chrome, they appear as empty boxes before changing to normal icons.

Edit:

Does one get automatically logged out after certain time period of inactivity (because on that other site it doesn't happen like that)?

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 11/23/2018 at 1:01 AM, TrojanK said:

Does one get automatically logged out after certain time period of inactivity (because on that other site it doesn't happen like that)?

I do not think we have enabled any settings as such.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, TrojanK said:

I use Cookie Autodelete with whitelisted  nsaneforums.com and don't have any logout

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Togijak said:

I use Cookie Autodelete with whitelisted  nsaneforums.com and don't have any logout

Cookies only deleting the websites you've been visiting, and deleting cache will delete all logged in information. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Cookies only deleting the websites you've been visiting, and deleting cache will delete all logged in information. 

hmmm, if that works like this the corresponding cache would have to be emptied when I change the page, because 30 seconds after a page break, I am automatically logged out (not only here), even if "stay logged in" is enabled

On 11/16/2018 at 12:05 AM, DKT27 said:

No it's fine. :P

Anyway, I have come across it before. Does seem to be a cache problem to me there. Clear your browser cache and see if that fixes it. That, or something is blocking them.

Matt, DKT27, ARMOUR, Kalju, TrojanK...like a dog with a bone I didn't give up, and after having done the re-install of Firefox, the restore to a previous time, etc etc, I found the solution now (8th December) after trawling Firefox help pages:- the problem was caused by uBlock Origin.......via the dashboard I unchecked the box "Block remote fonts" and now the "empty" icons on all sites (including Nsane) have returned to normal.

I'm slow...but I get there in the end!!!😀😀😀

• Administrator
3 hours ago, funkyy said:

Matt, DKT27, ARMOUR, Kalju, TrojanK...like a dog with a bone I didn't give up, and after having done the re-install of Firefox, the restore to a previous time, etc etc, I found the solution now (8th December) after trawling Firefox help pages:- the problem was caused by uBlock Origin.......via the dashboard I unchecked the box "Block remote fonts" and now the "empty" icons on all sites (including Nsane) have returned to normal.

I'm slow...but I get there in the end!!!😀😀😀

Good to hear that.

I never thought that setting will cause the problem. Still, as I said, something might be blocking it.

Archived