Firefox issues with insane forum.

Betts1964

For some reason, when I am using firefox the start new topic is on the forums 1st page and not under each individual subject, I cant copy and paste and the submit it. It will not work as it normally should. When quoting someones reply, the cursor only appears on the first line above the quote. Any there browse it works fine.

I deleted cookies and history , clear temp files and nothing works. Why is is this happening?

thx

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bergy1964 said:

Firefox issues with insane forum.

For some reason, when I am using firefox the start new topic is on the forums 1st page and not under each individual subject, I cant copy and paste and the submit it. It will not work as it normally should. When quoting someones reply, the cursor only appears on the first line above the quote. Any there browse it works fine.

I deleted cookies and history , clear temp files and nothing works. Why is is this happening?

thx

In one thing you are right, this is really an insane forum ...
But the Firefox works normally, ie as should, there is no problems.

When I come to Nsane and click on something on the Front Page it takes me to the page and, as it's my first visit of the day since switching on my computer, I click to sign in at the top right, click my details and then it doesn't take me back to the topic that I opened from the Front Page, so I have to click on it again on the Front Page...every day the same.😀

Also, perhaps unrelated, the little icons (search, etc) are not displayed properly...they are just white boxes with the little characters inside. I didn't mention it before 'cos after the down-times we had been having I thought these little glitches would eventually be ironed out.

To be fair, the "empty" icons behaviour happens on some other sites, not all, and maybe that is a Firefox problem.😀😀😀

• Administrator

Just tried it. Opened it with Start New Topic button on forum's main page. Even copy pasted your name on it. Seems to be working fine.

Are you blocking anything from your side.

4 hours ago, funkyy said:

Also, perhaps unrelated, the little icons (search, etc) are not displayed properly...they are just white boxes with the little characters inside. I didn't mention it before 'cos after the down-times we had been having I thought these little glitches would eventually be ironed out.

To be fair, the "empty" icons behaviour happens on some other sites, not all, and maybe that is a Firefox problem.😀😀😀

Please post a screenshot about it. In most cases the above is related to cache and can be fixed by clearing cache though.

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Just tried it. Opened it with Start New Topic button on forum's main page. Even copy pasted your name on it. Seems to be working fine.

Are you blocking anything from your side.

Please post a screenshot about it. In most cases the above is related to cache and can be fixed by clearing cache though.

Screenshot attached...so you know I'm not high!!😀😀😀

Screenshot_2018-11-15 nsane forums.png

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, funkyy said:

Screenshot attached...so you know I'm not high!!😀😀😀

Screenshot_2018-11-15 nsane forums.png

No it's fine. :P

Anyway, I have come across it before. Does seem to be a cache problem to me there. Clear your browser cache and see if that fixes it. That, or something is blocking them.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

No it's fine. :P

Anyway, I have come across it before. Does seem to be a cache problem to me there. Clear your browser cache and see if that fixes it. That, or something is blocking them.

DK127,....I emptied the cache and the icons were just the same. So I uninstalled Firefox and did a fresh install of version 63.0.3, still no difference. But it's not a major inconvenience and I'll live with it. Thanks for the advice....now to install Diskeeper 18 !!😀😀😀

• Administrator

@funkyy and @bergy1964 remove Firefox completely and reinstall it. Make sure you go to your PC user, and delete it folders to.  You will find them here, and make sure you have access to the hidden folders because these folders are hidden.

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming

17 hours ago, bergy1964 said:

I deleted cookies and history , clear temp files and nothing works.

Have you deleted your AdGuard — it's the most useless software for some (and vice versa.) ;)

knowledge-Spammer
4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Have you deleted your AdGuard — it's the most useless software for some (and vice versa.) ;)

it's the most useless software :dunno: did i miss something

Works fine for me

pyXDoV7.png

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I don't agree although you said for some, so I can agree in that situation 😃

Anyhow it works fine and AdGuard is running.

3 hours ago, knowledge said:
7 hours ago, dcs18 said:

it's the most useless software :dunno: did i miss something

Yes, you missed the emphasis I placed on the word some . . . . . . . by underlining it — so, you guys might want to revise the confusion reaction you marked on my quoted post (unless the some qualification . . . . . . . doesn't apply to you, as well.) ^_^

knowledge-Spammer
19 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yes, you missed the emphasis I placed on the word some . . . . . . . by underlining it — so, you guys might want to revise the confusion reaction you marked on my quoted post (unless the some qualification . . . . . . . happens to apply to you, as well.) ^_^

i was ask about this it's the most useless software

from my understand u use adguard no  y its now useless ? what changed  again maybe i missed much things  when i see u say useless i was like  how this can be 

and then i go to a Yandex browser topic and see someone say it steal    people info what is going on with all bad talk russia programs is this new  or again i missed somethings

i no fight with u just asking my friend

AdGuard is the most useless software for some (and vice versa.) ;)

Hope the highlighting is now visible — do let me know whether you guys are still confused (if so — shall try to improve my highlighting.)

Spoiler

kBIeldo.gif  1VjjZ4q.gif

10 hours ago, Matt said:

@funkyy and @bergy1964 remove Firefox completely and reinstall it. Make sure you go to your PC user, and delete it folders to.  You will find them here, and make sure you have access to the hidden folders because these folders are hidden.

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming

Matt, i appreciate the helpful suggestion and I followed your instructions...but I didn't realize that this wiped out my add-ons and bookmarks as well.

So I did a system restore (Win 7) to just before the uninstall of Firefox... I tried to start Firefox but it gave me the message "couldn't locate" my profile folder, so I installed Firefox again but still the same message

.So I loaded a Macrium Reflect image (in Windows Explorer) that I made a few days ago and extracted/copied my Firefox profile from that.

Then I copy/pasted the contents into the installed Profile folder and I got my bookmarks etc back.

I didn't realize that "refreshing" Firefox or doing as you advised would cause so much bother. I'll just live with the "empty icons" problem for now, but thanks for trying to help.😀😀😀

@funkyy  - Firefox doesn't have no such issues and also the forum doesn't have such issue, everything is in Your computer.

Look for it there. Most likely it is related with some extension or damaged user profile. That you must check.
And to this person, who recommended to reinstall Firefox, should say that reinstalling Firefox, Chrome etc doesn't fix never user profile problems.

PS, I'm also currently on Firefox and checked everything once again. Everything is OK and works as should.

Despite the passage of over 24 hours, none of us seems to have noticed that this topic has been posted at the wrong forums. :sneaky:

5 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Works fine for me

pyXDoV7.png

10 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I don't agree although you said for some, so I can agree in that situation 😃

Anyhow it works fine and AdGuard is running.

Never one to remain content with a "works fine" status — let me demonstrate to you . . . . . how AdGuard can be made to manipulate the Start new topic menu and various other components of any website:—

Mrd7ZWY.png

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Never one to remain content with the "works fine" fine — let me demonstrate to you . . . . . how AdGuard can be made to manipulate the Start new topic menu and various other components of any website:—

I didn't understand what you wanted to say, moreover I don't see any issue in the image you shared !!!

Archived