Cleaning and speed-up windows 10 [script]

tigerjack

One of the free software tools was recently updated - called Windows 10 Initial Setup Script-
This is a script for Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 systems that allows you to disable the features of Windows 10 (and other supported systems) that do not interest with a simple double click.
"Windows 10 Initial Setup Script" allows you to disable the features of Windows 10 that do not affect and it can be executed several times: it happens that some feature updates or updates distributed through Windows Update automatically re-enable features that you preferred to disable.
"Windows 10 Initial Setup Script" allows you to automatically apply a series of changes to the following areas:
- privacy settings
- optimizations at the level of basic services of Windows 10
- user interface
- system applications and their execution

The compressed archive contains 6 files and the two most important are "Default.preset" and "Default.cmd"
You must open the Default.preset file with notepad and check where the "#" symbol is located.
Modifications that do not have the initial # symbol will be automatically applied on Windows 10.
Interventions that show the # symbol will instead be ignored during the execution of the script.
You can choose where to leave, put or remove the symbol #
After this operation exit and save the file without changing the name and / or extension
Run Default.cmd as administrator and the chosen changes will be applied and the system reboot
The script can be started several times if you are not convinced of the choices made even by re-enabling previously disabled functions

I tested it on win 10 home 64 bit and it seems to work well

source and download : https://github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script#faq

windows tool.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coromonadalix

The Default.preset file is the master file, if an hash is present before the fuction it will not be executed

like this:

### Privacy Tweaks ###
DisableTelemetry                # EnableTelemetry

The disabled Telemetry will be executed .....

Do a restore point before executing it in case of .......

coromonadalix

oh   check the

### Explorer UI Tweaks ###

it may render a few options bad for you,  be careful  check  all the sections of the Default.preset before executing it.

i didn't make a restore point and have completely messed up my windows 10 settings after applying the tweak.  I tried to edit the Default.preset file but there are just so many options that i am completely lost and can't figure out what to do.  :(

Appreciate if anyone can guide me which options i need to enable in the Default.preset file to restore the default settings.

Thanks in anticipation

See the picture posted by the topic author, if that is the default, then put # before the tweaks you wish not to execute and run the script.

however, if you want your system to be just like it was before running the script, well in that case put # before all the tweaks.

A personal advice- either create a restore point or have a good back up app. 

Before, venturing into unknown territory always remember to cover your back first.

Hope this helps 🙂

Archived