tonyblair

Microsoft Visual Studio 2017

Recruit
3 hours ago, tonyblair said:

I nave no credits for it

Hello My Friend,

Nice job, as always!

My sensation is the credit belongs to DiamondMonday. He is member also into our forum and is known here like @DiamondMon

Usually, he is in charge of for these jobs. 

WZor only retweeted his post, as you can see from the screenshot:

vdwlD00.png

And the original link is this: 

https://twitter.com/DiamondMonday/status/1059375791774031872

Wish you all the best, My Friend!

Regards,

;)

tonyblair

Hi Recruit

uploading that big amount of datas in one of the best and fastest cloud site is a time consuming

and a difficult task . That defeated MS approach of distributing VS only via a configurable online installation.

It is nice from you to tell us to whom the credits belongs. :thumbsup:

All my best regards

:cheers:

Edited by tonyblair

vyzzer

I'm curious, tonyblair

Such a huge download, does it need a key to activate?

Regards.

ashish.k

Wow nice, it's huge and that's the exact reason why I'm still stuck on VS2015. Thanks for the share maybe I'll download and keep it for later use.

tonyblair
1 hour ago, vyzzer said:

I'm curious, tonyblair

Such a huge download, does it need a key to activate?

Regards.

Hi  vyzzer

I download it for archiving, As I already have a VS installed. I didn't check if there is a key provided in the package.

But the good news is VS activation is an old school . I mean there is a key for Enterprise build which works everytime.

If you want me to PM it to you, I will do it with great pleasure

All my best regards.

PS: the package contains three different versions (Enterprise, Pro and Com ) plus all utilities. So Enterprise only is the third of the 40GB.

dLyyvFTr1U19XdPrHZOvtQ990pGzYLQ1uRrP1Ize

Edit : PM Sent

Edited by tonyblair

ashish.k
1 hour ago, tonyblair said:

PS: the package contains three different versions (Enterprise, Pro and Com ) plus all utilities. So Enterprise only is the third of the 40GB.

I know you did not address this to me but if you can and don't mind please upload only the enterprise (en) version somewhere like google drive or perhaps the same site as in OP? I cannot download 40GB quickly.

Edited by ashish.k

vyzzer
2 hours ago, tonyblair said:

I download it for archiving, As I already have a VS installed. I didn't check if there is a key provided in the package.

But the good news is VS activation is an old school . I mean there is a key for Enterprise build which works everytime.

All my best regards.

Don't bother, tonyblair cos I'm only curious and at the same time also wanted to help you to source for the VS 2017 Enterprise key if you don't have one to offer here.

Any way, I see that you've already sent me the key and for that, I'm thankful.

Regards.

ashish.k

OK, so if anyone who's in a situation like me and just want en-US VS2017 Community or Professional or Enterprise Offline installers only and don't want other languages and editions bundled in this 40GB archive could do this...

Download whatever you want: 

https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/c6d613ff-589d-40f9-9f11-1b4df22fc9c4/462dee2f0c4d56ee8988cb403949c77e/vs_enterprise.exe
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/98211056-1de8-4a37-b9a6-93bbbebc1895/3fc6effc499c64efb0501183068543ca/vs_professional.exe
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/221150da-35d1-45bf-9666-44bb9097fbaf/dd6bc2e5b597338cbd5b58cf1c678b58/vs_community.exe

Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8.9 Servicing Update

Run this command in cmd:

vs_enterprise.exe --layout c:\vs2017offline --lang en-US

Similarly for other editions.

I came to know about this after a bit of reading on Visual Studio Docs. Hope it helps someone.

Edited by ashish.k

tonyblair
33 minutes ago, ashish.k said:

OK, so if anyone who's in a situation like me and just want en-US VS2017 Community or Professional or Enterprise Offline installers only and don't want other languages and editions bundled in this 40GB archive could do this...

Download whatever you want: 

https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/c6d613ff-589d-40f9-9f11-1b4df22fc9c4/462dee2f0c4d56ee8988cb403949c77e/vs_enterprise.exe
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/98211056-1de8-4a37-b9a6-93bbbebc1895/3fc6effc499c64efb0501183068543ca/vs_professional.exe
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/221150da-35d1-45bf-9666-44bb9097fbaf/dd6bc2e5b597338cbd5b58cf1c678b58/vs_community.exe

Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8.9 Servicing Update

Run this command in cmd:

vs_enterprise.exe --layout c:\vs2017offline --lang en-US

Similarly for other editions.

I came to know about this after a bit of reading on Visual Studio Docs. Hope it helps someone.

Sorry , I wasn't able to upload the 15GB for you.

Thank you so much for your findings about downloading an offline installation of VS2017 directly from MS.

This will help for sure.:thumbsup:

We normally are trapped by the vs_enterprise.exe :

Capture1.jpg

which lead us to an online installation.

Edited by tonyblair

nirvana4483
On 11/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, tonyblair said:

Hi  vyzzer

All my best regards.

hello, I need your key, if possible 🙂 

Edited by nirvana4483

NSane2016

If we do the offline download, wouldn't we need a product key?

anupam_luv
Posted (edited)
got the Keys and created a new thread for VS2019
Edited by anupam_luv

lemonforest
On 6/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, reader2 said:

can I have a key please?

@tonyblair?

Those can be found easily from your prefered search engine or give ddg a try if you're still without.  Popular source control and code hosting site has Gists with what you're looking for.