What is good computer backup software these days??

wozzzzza

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

na i have a NAS for a couple different computer, want to back up at certain times each day and not to be forgotten like you would do for a usb drive.

2 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

Aomei is very good; better then Acronis

Matter of taste, especially with Acronis only used for cold disk imaging. NEVER EVER INSTALL IT!!!

Hi

Sure, there are many utilities.

I tried Acronis (invasive when installed). Also tried Aomei and O&O DiskImage

Personnaly, i use Symantec system recovery 2013 R2 (saves & restores very fast), and R-Drive Image 6.2 (simple).

Both on usb, only for cold disk imaging.

they have an archive viewer (exe)  that i sometimes use to restore a file or another from my backup files

But, as S1ave77 says, it's a matter of taste.

40 minutes ago, Jobik said:

I tried Acronis (invasive when installed).

At this point the programs do not differ much. Any program offering an online backup functionality needs VERY EXCLUSIVE access to critical system parts to make a live backup possible.

I prefer 'cold-disk-imaging' from a Win10PESE (with explorer shell, TC, Acronis and tons more). NEVER FAILED ME.

Nice addition: AcronisPE version still uses the old-school interface, not the clumsy new one.

I'm cheap and lazy and have been using the MiniTool Shadowmaker for scheduled images and some file sync's.  Lacks features, but the freebee does the job its supposed to for me ok.

ok thanks, theres a few there to try, i remember trying Active Data Studio once but could never make it work, i would never connect to my NAS for some reason so gave up.

This topic has been discussed numerous times. There are several good programs-Macrium Reflect has been my choice for many years. It would be hard to change to a new one that has served me so well.

i use easeus todo+acronis ti 2019(disabled by using program deactivator of avast cleanup premium when not in use) combo.

better to be on safe side than sorry if u rely on one of them only.

o&o disk image,terabyte ,macrium are also good.

@wozzzzza

AOMEI has for me been invaluable. I use the free version and have actually restored more than a dozen systems with this free software. It is extremely fast and effective. Also there is a pro version, of which meds are posted for it here on nsane. The meds are extolled by most because the Menu/About will say the software is registered, but I have yet to have an answer as to whether or not a restore has been successfully completed by a pirated version of AOMEI. I would recommend the free version, unless you would want to purchase it. Why take chances with something so important as data backup/restore?!?

AOMEI Backupper (AB) Edition Comparison

Each software runs differently on different system and every user has his or her liking. So, its best to try a few and see for yourself.

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

personally, I prefer Acronis (the boot CD.)

Posted by me sometimes! 8)
I need to make some advertisement to myself linking my brand to a higher one, @dcs18

Regards,

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Terabyte Image for Windows is the best I've ever used. Suite novice and experts depending on how you are going to use it. Never failed me. 

Up next on my list is Acronis and the old versions of Macrium Reflect (v6). 

Macrium, Acronics ......... both are par excellence.

I use Macrium and have never failed me.

Archived