Two Minutes Silence

LeeSmithG

12 minutes ago, steven36 said:

That's what you need.

1. This post is not news, so its posted in the wrong section of the board.

2. You should  never try to impose your beliefs on other people and not expect some to disagree with you .

3. You have lost touch with reality this is the internet  and this board don't  have sound, so its always silent 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, even if a site has sound on the internet you can just  turn the volume down or mute the browser  tab or volume and it want have none,  but this site never had sound to begin with.

Are you done?

I made a thread in the correct forum reminding those people that cared that on November 11th 2018 it is customary to hold at 11:00 a.m. a two (2) minutes silence.

I did it yesterday, my family did it, billions of people around the world did it.

• Replies 35
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeeSmithG said:

Are you done?

I made a thread in the correct forum reminding those people that cared that on November 11th 2018 it is customary to hold at 11:00 a.m. a two (2) minutes silence.

I did it yesterday, my family did it, billions of people around the world did it.

Normally i  dont say very much  everyday  i hardly talk out loud  to anyone , because  i am alone most of the time so i dont see a point in it .. If you came to my house and could not shut up more than  2 minutes a year..  id tell you that  you would  have to leave .  They already had a celebration for World War One  earlier on this year and that's not what Veterans Day is about any way in my country. Its  for  honoring all military veterans regardless of witch war they was in  or even if they not been to war . It's a holiday for those that served .. Every year people  who work for the Government get that day off with pay . Its not celebrated just every 100 years,  it  celebrated every year for all veterans .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

At the urging of major U.S. veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954. Veterans Day is distinct from Memorial Day, a U.S. public holiday in May. Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, while Memorial Day honors those who died while in military service. There is another military holiday, Armed Forces Day, a minor U.S. remembrance that also occurs in May, which honors those currently serving in the U.S. military.

Only in other countries do they still have  Armistice Day  that just celebrate the end of  World War One , they stop that in 1954 in the USA and made it for all vets . And in some countries its not even  celebrated, your on the World wide web were things are not the same for everyone.

If you look here only in the UK is there a tradition of 2 minutes silence,  no were else do that,  every country,  celebrates  it different. Some dont do it on Nov the 11 they do it on the nearest Sunday..  And they stop it doing in the UK for a while and they revived it in the 1990s.

Wreath-laying ceremonies, usually organised by local branches of the Royal British Legion, are observed on Armistice Day at most war memorials across the UK at 11 am on 11 Novembe] with two minutes of silence observed; a custom which had lapsed before a campaign for its revival began in the 1990s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day#United_Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day

2 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

You have issues, i suggest cognitive therapy.

A lot of those soldiers saved other soldiers lives, those soldiers, lost limbs, went deaf, went blind and when they returned were stuck in hospitals far away from the public gaze.

Now when you are attacked you call the Police, what if said screw him/her we can't be bothered.

I replied to you logically based on your own statements, but all you do is to cry instead.

knowledge-Spammer

Let me express the deepest gratitude to the alliance between Russia and Britain that made these two victories possible’ - Ivan Volodin, Minister Counsellor at the Russian embassy in the UK. A memorial was held at London’s Soviet War Memorial over the weekend joining commemorations marking the 100th anniversary of WWI.

i did not think  they will have did this  but i like it 🏳️

You should commemorate Veterans Day in every country. This are the people who shared their blood for his country.

Maybe for the right/wrong cause, but sacrified his/her blood for the country, wherever may be.

Celebrating  the end of World War 1 on  NOV 11th is  imaginary,  because that was not when that war ended..  it was something  made up by King George V to do this .

In November 1919, King George V issued a proclamation that called for a two-minute silence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/40156698

.This is really when it happen

The Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, marking the official end of World War I. Nonetheless, the armistice date of November 11, 1918, remained in the public imagination as the date that marked the end of the conflict.

https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/history-of-veterans-day

The Festival of Versailles 2018  in France on June 29th  2018 was the real  celebration of World War 1 ending.

http://en.chateauversailles.fr/festival-versailles-2018

2 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

It's not the correct forum, something that happened 100 years ago is not a news.

7 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

this is about a two minutes silence at 11:00 a.m. g.m.t. To pay tribute to all those Men and women and even Children around the world that put their backsides on the line so we have a better life.

A good reminder.

Another great reminder for us is to pay the sincerest, deepest, the most meaningful and fruitful respect for our veteran's sacrifices by not starting another war.  Otherwise, it becomes as meaningful as "our thoughts and prayers, etc."

The fact is  people tell  you lies all your life , they say theirs a Santa Claus  its a lie ,  They say it's a Easter Bunny it's a lie , they say believe in the Bible when King James rewrote it , And they say World War 1  ended on Nov 11  and that was a lie  Even after the Treaty of Versailles on June 28, 1919 that ended the war was signed it didn't go in effect tell Jan 1920  and its was all based on a Lie it was not the war that ended all wars  the Germans were really pissed off at it, because they did not help write it  but were forced to sign it and no wonder they started World War 2  all trough history it's a war going on somewhere.

Germany and the Treaty

http://www.johndclare.net/peace_treaties5.htm

• Jordan locked this topic

Archived