Two Minutes Silence

LeeSmithG

Don't forget at 11:00 a.m. g.m.t. please observe a two minutes silence that is in forty five (45) minutes.

First world war ended 100 years ago at this time.

• Replies 35
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not want to come off as disrespectful. But WW never ended. It is still ongoing, only under different disguises, in different fronts. Maybe largely in the middle east right now. Sadly for most victims of the current phrase of WW, they will never get remembered for anything even if they were heroes.

49 minutes ago, BimBamSmash said:

I do not want to come off as disrespectful. But WW never ended. It is still ongoing, only under different disguises, in different fronts. Maybe largely in the middle east right now. Sadly for most victims of the current phrase of WW, they will never get remembered for anything even if they were heroes.

Well this is also what NOVEMBER 11 is all about...ALL  who died in ALL  conflicts/wars  BIG OR SMALL  civilian or military and for the devastation it causes...

PS ..If  you want to read a great explanation on as why the current conflicts are raging all over the world, in fact why we have ALL  the problems in the world today...it goes back to the END  of the so called great war to end all wars...later be called WW ONE... a book by MARGRET MACMILLIAN  called PARIS 1919.... WW2 actually pretty much began when the armistice was signed....and every single conflict that has raged today including the middle east conflicts past present and future to KOREA, VIETNAM... and the current problems that can erupt into armed conflict at any moment have their root causes in what took place in PARIS  in 1919... Ho Chi Min for example was a lowly cook, for a delegation at the peace talks who wrote a letter the American president asking him to consider freedom and recognition of his people to written into the  final draft...he was ignored... Russia under the new Communist regime was ignored totally and NOT invited nor allowed to be in Pars...in fact many of the world powers wanted nothing else but to crush the USSR and communism by military might and do so immediately...but at that time the ONLY  country with any standing army that was not bankrupt, was the USA. France was broke it's country and infrastructure that was damaged by the war totally incapable to function even to  feed their own about to starve people, Great Britain was pretty much broke too but untouched by war the way France was but also with no appetite to stat a war with soviet Russia ...France wanted to totally dismantle the German war machine and also their industrial capacity and ability  ever recover either. Brittan wanted to ensure the German navy scuttled and to ensure they never got so much as a rowboat in the future...both France and Britain feared the new found powers of America and mighty navy and undustrial capacity..and to large extent feared Japan but bigotry and racism blinded them to the real threat Japan could pose in the future...after all how could in their minds those people from that country possibly be a world power or posses true military might...then there is the middle east and how the peace talks ensured all the conflicted that have taken place and the conflicts to come...read the book..it is eye opening

how many minutes you wanna stay silent for all the children and women dying in Yemen RIGHT NOW that i am posting this comment? not 100 years ago.

I guess forever, you are so good at staying silent when you need to speak.

11 minutes ago, Sylence said:

how many minutes you wanna stay silent for all the children and women dying in Yemen RIGHT NOW that i am posting this comment? not 100 years ago.

I guess forever, you are so good at staying silent when you need to speak.

show me one country that in one way or another has NOT got blood on their hands.... cherry picking your adversaries and or ignoring the fact that even the countries you wish to like have done wrong and will continue to do wrong is of no use to peace either and does the world not one bit of good....  just as others in the world are only pointing out the evil in the world of countries they do not like and excusing or denying some  countries wrongdoings is counterproductive to your points of view... everybody cannot be right but that all can be wrong

and in about 10 seconds this thread will now to shite...and be closed

3 minutes ago, dMog said:

show me one country that in one way or another has NOT got blood on their hands.... cherry picking your adversaries and or ignoring the fact that even the countries you wish to like have done wrong and will continue to do wrong is of no use to peace either and does the world not one bit of good....  just as others in the world are only pointing out the evil in the world of countries they do not like and excusing or denying some  countries wrongdoings is counterproductive to your points of view... everybody cannot be right but that all can be wrong

and in about 10 seconds this thread will now to shite...and be closed

you can tell whatever you want about me and you better know i don't care about a single word of what you say.

not all countries are the same, you're just trying to make it look like all countries do bad things so they are all equal, and so everything is normal. I mean i would think the same if i watched fox news and similar channels.

1 minute ago, knowledge said:

i think what Sylence

is saying is about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmsxKw_SgU

Yes that's exactly what I meant. it's a lot worse than WW1 and WW2. this is a war between armed and unarmed parties.

i understand what he is saying and agree with him...but also what i said is very pertinent...people tend to only want to point out others misgivings  and ignore or gloss over other stuff...counterproductive to peace

1 minute ago, dMog said:

i understand what he is saying and agree with him...but also what i said is very pertinent...people tend to only want to point out others misgivings  and ignore or gloss over other stuff...counterproductive to peace

that's so damn wrong. everybody should know and be aware of what is REALLY happening in the world. the world is not limited to only united states or europe. western media and news channels exactly have your ideology, thats why many people in america or europe don't know what is happening in yemen.

1 minute ago, Sylence said:

you can tell whatever you want about me and you better know i don't care about a single word of what you say.

not all countries are the same, you're just trying to make it look like all countries do bad things so they are all equal, and so everything is normal. I mean i would think the same if i watched fox news and similar channels.

Yes that's exactly what I meant. it's a lot worse than WW1 and WW2. this is a war between armed and unarmed parties.

i have never in my life watched fox news... and i agree with what you said ...but again ..you totally missed my point .... because you also want to only int out what you rightly see as evil but ignore some of what is evil because is not done by the countries you see as evil...maybe you personally  do not do this ..my comment was a general comment about why there is so much bad stuff happening

2 minutes ago, dMog said:

i have never in my life watched fox news... and i agree with what you said ...but again ..you totally missed my point .... because you also want to only int out what you rightly see as evil but ignore some of what is evil because is not done by the countries you see as evil...maybe you personally  do not do this ..my comment was a general comment about why there is so much bad stuff happening

Maybe because the evil done by the countries i'm focusing on is far greater than the evil done by countries I like. have you ever thought about that?

2 minutes ago, Sylence said:

Maybe because the evil done by the countries i'm focusing on is far greater than the evil done by countries I like. have you ever thought about that?

and i have the right to think the same thing..it does mitigate evil does it... no matter WHO  does it one cannot justify it because we THINK THE OTHER GUY IS SIMPLY MORE EVIL  so what the other guy does is not wrong..that is what is wrong in the world because by extension of that thinking everyone gets to be justified by the wrong they do....did you ever think of that

so much evil in the world is wrongly justified for that very reason is my point...they do more evil so what i do is ok and not wrong to do because they do more bad stuff...they who do do wrong think the same way of their advisories... vicious circle of violence and how countries or people justify their actions... hat is what is wrong by ALL PARTIES....

13 minutes ago, dMog said:

and i have the right to think the same thing..it does mitigate evil does it... no matter WHO  does it one cannot justify it because we THINK THE OTHER GUY IS SIMPLY MORE EVIL  so what the other guy does is not wrong..that is what is wrong in the world because by extension of that thinking everyone gets to be justified by the wrong they do....did you ever think of that

so much evil in the world is wrongly justified for that very reason is my point...they do more evil so what i do is ok and not wrong to do because they do more bad stuff...they who do do wrong think the same way of their advisories... vicious circle of violence and how countries or people justify their actions... hat is what is wrong by ALL PARTIES....

at this point I can't honestly tell if you're joking or are you really meaning them. you're point of view is wrong in its roots.

I don't remember Yemen giving starvation to the saudis. I don't remember palestanians force zionists out of their homes, destroying their homes and tell them where to go, what to do, where to pray. I don't remember Russia giving inhuman sanctions to other countries and telling other countries that if they trade with U.S they will get sanctioned as well. I don't remember Iran putting inhuman sanctions on U.S and preventing U.S from getting its own money or to receive drugs and medical equipment. do you remember? tell me then

I also don't remember Iran shooting down U.S airline and then say it was a mistake but then the general who gave that order receives a medal. I don't remember Iran creating terrorist groups like isis and throw them in other countries just to kill half a million innocent people.

What i do remember is things like countries not wanting to stop selling arms and bombs to childkillers in the middle east because they care more about the money than the lives of the people. but when Russia sells defensive systems to other countries it's illegal and must be sanctioned.

57 minutes ago, Sylence said:

Maybe because the evil done by [...] far greater than the evil done [...]

Evil is evil.  Good is good. And one defines the other. 

and Russia and Iran have never ever done similar...they have but you deny it all  and call it lies..my point is proven by you ONLY CLAIMING EVIL BY ONE PARTY ... you see what you want and don't see what you don't wish to see. or as you say...justify the actions because the other country is worse...in your eyes...but fail to see the other county see themselves in the same way you see your country..ie doing evil to stop the other countries bigger evil....just as you see it they see it that way too... neither one is right  but both are wrong and both deny they ever did wrong...

knowledge-Spammer

Sound Of Silence
i go to my mothers grave  this topic not so Silence  now

When war ends one celebrates, it's not a time for grieving in silence . . . . . . but a time for expressing joy (and relief) that no further lives need be lost.

RlW5CMh.gif

. . . . . to all my peace-loving brothers — regardless of whether our respective Country lost or won the war!

Why has my topic been changed from it's sole purpose?

If you want to help the starving brown babies in Africa then get rid of their governments, their leaders drive gold plated Rolls Royces own holiday homes in Spain and the rest of the mediteranian and eat very well.

Yemen can be helped if you stopped Saudia Arabia doing what they do.

You want to complain about those topics, then make your own posts, this is about a two minutes silence at 11:00 a.m. g.m.t. To pay tribute to all those Men and women and even Children around the world that put their backsides on the line so we have a better life.

World War I was not started totally by Germany, it was Serbia, France and Russia and their nationalist behaviour that caused it.

By the way when in battle if you decided to quit and run when found you were shot dead anyway, so it was not a choice for these men not to fight.

1 hour ago, LeeSmithG said:

By the way when in battle if you decided to quit and run when found you were shot dead anyway, so it was not a choice for these men not to fight.

so there wasn't any heroic act done by them. they just did what they had to do, what everybody would have done, so all these bs about silence is useless.

I never have seen someone get awards for saving his own life by killing others. totally nonsense.

1 hour ago, Sylence said:

so there wasn't any heroic act done by them. they just did what they had to do, what everybody would have done, so all these bs about silence is useless.

I never have seen someone get awards for saving his own life by killing others. totally nonsense.

You have issues, i suggest cognitive therapy.

A lot of those soldiers saved other soldiers lives, those soldiers, lost limbs, went deaf, went blind and when they returned were stuck in hospitals far away from the public gaze.

Now when you are attacked you call the Police, what if said screw him/her we can't be bothered.

51 minutes ago, LeeSmithG said:

therapy.

That's what you need.

1. This post is not news, so its posted in the wrong section of the board.

2. You should  never try to impose your beliefs on other people and not expect some to disagree with you .

3. You have lost touch with reality this is the internet  and this board don't  have sound, so its always silent 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, even if a site has sound on the internet you can just  turn the volume down or mute the browser  tab or volume and it want have none,  but this site never had sound to begin with.

• Jordan locked this topic

Archived