OLD IS GOLD, share your memories about older software versions

DR_ADHAM

• Replies 71
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I loved to use tuneup utilties, but now it has become crap.

Now I can not find its alternative which provides realtime optimization and have all the features of it

ClarisWorks 1.0

Claris Homepage 2.0

Worked great for making your own Website. It was simple and efficient..

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I installed Windows Mellenium after using 98 SE.  Man!  Me rocked!  It was wonderful.  Of course many people had bad opinions of it, but I couln't figure out why.  It was the epitome of the 98 series.  I had a friend at the time, a computer geek, builder, gamer and I agreed with him that if you didn't like Windows ME you were a p*****!  All I know is that for me, it was wonderful!

• 8 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, PsychedelicShaman said:

Old Winamp, SoulseekNS, eMule, DAMN NFO Viewer. Im also starting to miss the beauty, stability and simplicity of Windows 7, seeing that Windows 10 is becoming more buggy and more "smartphonish" looking with every new feature update.

If you change the font to 'Terminal', size 9, you will get the same graphical scene as formerly shown with DAMN's NFO viewer..

• 2 weeks later...

1.Outpost Firewall Pro is a certainly something that i miss.

2.The Old version of Opera with presto engine was one of the best browsers ever!

3.Admuncher  before it went kaput!

4.Defensewall!

5.Winamp as well.

6.Eset version 4! Nearing EOL as well :(

7.L'n'S Firewall!

Sometimes i wonder if we are progressing or degressing. Bringing back some old memories!

This is how my desktop use to look 11 years ago.

My-Desktop-10-04-2011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TDS-3 (Trojan Defense Suite 3) this is one badass mofo. At the time it had advanced tools to hunt down Trojans via definition detection, heuristics or other feature rich tools. I cant remember what all the tools were, but maybe someone here might remember. 

trojan-defense-suite-tds-3-screenshot.jp

Archived