How to Install Office 2019 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1

DR_ADHAM

might be an issue with the update channel 

Source

• Replies 68
  • Views 45.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently I have version 1808 compilation 11001.20074, fast installation. As a few updates, I have a message that everything is up to date.

2 minutes ago, tomparis said:

Currently I have version 1808 compilation 11001.20074, fast installation. As a few updates, I have a message that everything is up to date.

Don't worry your office will be updated on a regular basis according to the update channel.

You may get these updates sooner or later than others but at the end you'll get them.

7 minutes ago, tomparis said:

Latest update is 11001.20108 , check for new update 😊

2018-11-21_001702.png

3 minutes ago, IamBidyuT said:

Latest update is 11001.20108 , check for new update 😊

Yes, that's true

YtKmFcX.png

1 minute ago, tomparis said:

I don't have a new update 😒

and I do not know why?

Is that on "Monthly Channel" ? I can't read that language texts 

1 minute ago, tomparis said:

I don't have a new update 😒

and I do not know why?

<Snip>

What does the message in the photo mean ??  😀

These are the latest Updates of the Specified Channel's:

2018-11-21_002615.png

So, check your's . If you're not getting latest update, then may be some issue ! 🤨

And do you have Office 2019 installed on windows 7?

Message is: monthly channel and  the latest version of office is instaled on your computer.

1 minute ago, xhartom said:

No Update Channel Shows Here??

<Snip>

Appears only when the product is not activated

and it's by default the monthly channel unless you've changed it.

5 minutes ago, IamBidyuT said:

These are the latest Updates of the Specified Channel's:

2018-11-21_002615.png

So, check your's . If you're not getting latest update, then may be some issue ! 🤨

Where you got that info ??

Because when I click view updates it refers me to a web page (What's new in Office 365) !!

My product is activated, installed using a wotok_mdl, nothing changed during the installation and now I have a quick update. In addition, I will add that the same installation on the same computer but on windows 10 there is no problem with the upgrade.

30 minutes ago, tomparis said:

My product is activated, installed using a wotok_mdl, nothing changed during the installation and now I have a quick update. In addition, I will add that the same installation on the same computer but on windows 10 there is no problem with the upgrade.

As I said: I think you may get these updates sooner or later than others but at the end you'll get them.

Will Office Professional Plus 2019 VLSC ever be published?
Will it ever be available to download Office Professional Plus 2019 VLSC ? I'm sorry if the question is stupid...Thank you.

WindowsAddict
On 11/20/2018 at 5:03 PM, tomparis said:

Hello!
After successfully installing office 2019 on windows 7, activating it - Office 2019 does not update to the latest version. Do you also have this problem?

Office can't get updates in Win 8.1 and older, if any office 2019 SKU is installed.

as pointed out by abbodi1406, there are some work around to get updates, and still have latest 2019 office features.

- Install O365ProPlusRetail + ProPlus2019Volume licenses = Office 2019

- Install O365ProPlusRetail + MondoVolume licenses= Office 365

(p.s. O365ProPlusRetail can be installed from proplus2019Retail img, and

installed license decides the features, not the installed SKU.)

Abbodi1406 made a automated office installer script YAOCTRI 

It automatically take care of everything and provide you the best solution. Its based on click 2 run deployment method and don't have any limitations of ODT. so far YOCTRI is the best and easy way to customize install office.

Hi!

Thanks for the explanation, I understand that having the office 2019 retail installed on windows 7 I have no chance to update. Where can you get the manual update? Is it possible to install the update manually in this situation?

5 minutes ago, tomparis said:

Hi!

Thanks for the explanation, I understand that having the office 2019 retail installed on windows 7 I have no chance to update. Where can you get the manual update? Is it possible to install the update manually in this situation?

Solution provided in the reply

6 hours ago, WindowsAddict said:

as pointed out by abbodi1406, there are some work around to get updates, and still have latest 2019 office features.

- Install O365ProPlusRetail + ProPlus2019Volume licenses = Office 2019

(p.s. O365ProPlusRetail can be installed from proplus2019Retail img, and

installed license decides the features, not the installed SKU.)

Abbodi1406 made a automated office installer script YAOCTRI 

It automatically take care of everything and provide you the best solution. Its based on click 2 run deployment method and don't have any limitations of ODT. so far YOCTRI is the best and easy way to customize install office.

WindowsAddict
14 hours ago, tomparis said:

Hi!

YAOCTRI can help you to install VL and get updates for office 2019, but it currently doesn't provide retail installation option. (just requested a script for it)

anyway you can get updates for retail office pro plus 2019 in Win 8.1 and older too.

in theory it should work this way,

Use YAOCTRI and install proplus2019, it'll install as vl

Now download office tool plus  , use clean license option, and after that install license for proplus2019Retail

Now it should be able to update. (not tested)

(p.s. YAOCTRI uses the smart approach in office installation in win 8.1 and older, it install 2016 SKU's and after that it applies the 2019 licenses, that way office get latest features and updates too)

About the manual updates, there may be some methods but i guess those methods aren't worth it,

as you already know way to get office updates in older windows, you should stick with office option to get updates,

because it allows you to get delta compression in updates, and if you update it regularly then download size will be significantly small.

I supposed Wotok is more widely used. 

Archived