[Solved] [Need Assistance] Office 2016 Certificate Problem

Crazycanuk

Hi guys im fixing (or trying to) my friends laptop. I installed office Proplus and activated it using Office 2013-2019 C2R Install 6.4.7. All is fine but when i open outlook i get a pop up as shown below. Is there anyway of stopping this popup? 

Spoiler

20181108-115206.jpg20181108-115223.jpg

Translation says "The server that you are connected to is using a security certificate that is impossible to verify. Second image shows the certificate in question. Office is activated and working fine, when i close this popup all works just the same. The popup is annoying that's all.

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like it has COMODO anti-virus or something? Well, certificate errors can be from either their side or if your date/time is incorrect. Also you could try disabling any scanning of encrypted connections or certificate validation feature of COMODO if any.

I can only think of that off the top of my head since I can't understand the language in the screenshot and I also haven't ever used COMODO. Hope it helps....

Possible solutions:

1. Check if the time & date are correct into that system;

2. Uninstall any comodo security product
3. Make a fresh install of the product: waiting for you into our topic and we will assist you there if you will decide to do so...

1 minute ago, Recruit said:

Possible solutions:

1. Check if the time & date are correct into that system;

2. Uninstall any comodo security product
3. Make a fresh install of the product: waiting for you into our topic and we will assist you there if you will decide to do so...

time and date fine never had any comodo products installed and made a fresh install to try to fix the problem.

3 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

time and date fine never had any comodo products installed and made a fresh install to try to fix the problem.

Maybe the domain uses it but if that's the case it can't be fixed from your end. If it does get fixed after a clean install then it definitely was something from your end.

Regards.

5 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Looks like office is working with derytelecom.ca.
Do you use office logged in?

Have you tried to install the certificate into trusted ones?

LOL!

Comodo is only providing the secure validation server here!

@CC : Check this article which will for sure solve your issue

This warning indicates the server name does not match the name in your account settings

3 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Looks like office is working with derytelecom.ca.
Do you use office logged in?

Have you tried to install the certificate into trusted ones?

Yes my friend is logged in, he uses Outlook and that's the only time that he gets the popup. Yes i have installed the certificate into the offered folders but still no luck

4 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Yes my friend is logged in, he uses Outlook and that's the only time that he gets the popup. Yes i have installed the certificate into the offered folders but still no luck

Try the tips from above, too!
What email does he use? Something from that ISP?

Looks like it is an issue with the certificate for the email server, and you cannot control it. The service provider must fix this issue.

Try to contact them, if you cannot sorte it out in other way!

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

LOL!

Comodo is only providing the secure validation server here!

@CC : Check this article which will for sure solve your issue

Yes this sounds right, Seems a hell of a job to fix a stupid popup though. :omg: hope i dont screw up

Just now, Recruit said:

Try the tips from above, too!
What email does he use? Something from that ISP?

Looks like it is an issue with the certificate for the email server, and you cannot control it. The service provider must fix this issue.

Try to contact them, if you cannot sorte it out in other way!

IMAP/SMTP  a small local internet provider

Thanks everyone problem is not solved but i have all the info needed to fix the problem. i will need to contact the service provider to modify the certificate 

Cc,

Go to Control Panel - Mail and see Email Accounts.
Choose the right account and check the settings, also " More Settings ".

Go to Advanced and see if the settings are right:

It looks like into the screenshot, but this is with pop3, not imap.

Sorry, I do not have any IMAP.

IMAP ports are:

• 143 Non-Encrypted / Secure (TLS)
  • 143 Secure (TLS)
  • 993 Secure (SSL)

SMTP ports are:

• 25 Non-Encrypted
  • 465 Secure (SSL)
  • 587 Secure (TLS)

XRpCHii.png

yes @Recruit im there  the only difference i see is you its 995 and me its 993

8 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

yes @Recruit im there

Try some combinations with Encrypted & Non-Encrypted ports and see if will work or not.

When you will use Encrypted be aware to the checkbox that needs to be selected "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)"

8 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

it is for pop3 only

4 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Try some combinations with Encrypted & Non-Encrypted ports and see if will work or not.

When you will use Encrypted be aware to the checkbox that needs to be selected "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)"

no only works with SSL/TLS 

7 minutes ago, Recruit said:

it is for pop3 only

yes i get it 993 is IMAP

Replace 993 with 143 and let the checkbox to be selected
Into the second scenario uncheck the box for SSL and do not change the port, 143.

Same for SMTP:

Try with all ports, in ssl and non-ssl mode.

In the meantime, test the new settings if are working or not

1 hour ago, Crazycanuk said:

"The server that you are connected to is using a security certificate that is impossible to verify. Second image shows the certificate in question. Office is activated and working fine, when i close this popup all works just the same. The popup is annoying that's all.

The name on the certificate should match the name on the mail server. 

The solution is quite simple; click on the “View Certificate…” button and look at the “Issued to” name. This is usually the name that you’ll need to specify for your incoming and/or outgoing server in your account configuration.

In some cases, this still won’t work when the certificate holds multiple names. You can then select the “Details” tab and see if the certificate holds a field called “Subject Alternative Name”. If so, then you’ll find other names that you could try behind the “DNS Name=” value.

If none of those names work either, contact your ISP and ask for the correct name of the mail server that you should use.

Also, I have a note in my technotes that this error has been caused by AV software, particularly Avast.  If you have AV software of any type installed disable it and see if you still get the error.

1 minute ago, Recruit said:

Replace 993 with 143 and let the checkbox to be selected
Into the second scenario uncheck the box for SSL and do not change the port, 143.

Same for SMTP:

Try with all ports, in ssl and non-ssl mode.

In the meantime, test the new settings if are working or not

already did and verified , errors occur and no test email are being sent. I need to contact the provider the problem is on his side.

2 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

I need to contact the provider the problem is on his side

Yeah, looks like the only solution...

Maybe others made it before: I am sure you aren't the only one...

In the outgoing server settings have you tried changing the 'use the following type of encrypted connection...' to NONE.  (just another fix I found in my technotes)

Hey Cc,

Take a look to these screenshots, please.
How did I get them?

hg1IACA.png

Well, into my mother notebook I have installed office 2019, some days ago.

By mistake, I have inversed the servers address, and I got what you can see.

I checked it and I saw what is wrong. I modified it and worked fine then...

GyZ1rxT.png

Maybe, in your case it might be the same issue?

Do check it!

Regards,

Archived