Any good "Windows 10 Lite" x64 ISOs ??

nsan3

Hi all,

I do know that there are several Lite editions of Win10 by teamos-hkrg group, Win10 Extreme Lite by Bob Pony etc etc.

But the reviews all say that though the bloatware and spyware are removed from these editions, the overall functionalities have taken a hit. As in Wifi drivers are not working properly, browsers are not functioning properly etc etc.

So I would appreciate if someone can help me on the same guide me to a good Win10 Lite x64 edition ISO.

Thank you all.

• Replies 27
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WindowsAddict

Chopping is never a good idea when it comes to windows, there are just too many things interconnected that you are eventually going to face problems if you touch any one of those things.

may be you can gain minor performance improvement but that comes at a price of borked windows install and you may face errors at the unexpected place. so overall chopping isn't worth it.

if you do not like bloatware in windows 10 (although you can get rid of them easily with official route) you should consider installing officially chopped windows 10 LTSB/C, but you need to know even ms couldn't chop it properly and they left context menu entry open with paint 3d and some other things, although those things are minor and you can use ltsb/c.

27 minutes ago, WindowsAddict said:

Chopping is never a good idea when it comes to windows, there are just too many things interconnected that you are eventually going to face problems if you touch any one of those things.

may be you can gain minor performance improvement but that comes at a price of borked windows install and you may face errors at the unexpected place. so overall chopping isn't worth it.

if you do not like bloatware in windows 10 (although you can get rid of them easily with official route) you should consider installing officially chopped windows 10 LTSB/C, but you need to know even ms couldn't chop it properly and they left context menu entry open with paint 3d and some other things, although those things are minor and you can use ltsb/c.

Could you tell me how to remove bloatware through the official route. Thanks.

PS: Need to remove the notorious Telemetry and Spyware that MS has installed on the ISO by all costs. Privacy is what we aim for at the end.

This is what I use and works well for me ;)

https://litewinos.blogspot.com/2018/10/windows-10-ltsc-2019-64bit-liteos.html

8 hours ago, knowledge said:

i think i have Win10 Extreme Lite by Bob Pony  somewere i am sure i posted it on a site somewere but u no he have a utube right

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAZzz2Dd9Xh6vTjNcxhqPZw

ill see if i still have his version

Thanks bro for helping out. Do you use Bob Pony's 3.2.1 Windows 10 Extreme Lite or something else??

Windows 10 Extreme Lite x64 v3.2.1 Bob Pony Youtube Link:- 

WindowsAddict
21 hours ago, nsan3 said:

Could you tell me how to remove bloatware through the official route. Thanks.

PS: Need to remove the notorious Telemetry and Spyware that MS has installed on the ISO by all costs. Privacy is what we aim for at the end.

Enterprise level sku's have GPO option to disable telemetry completely, no 3rd party tool or any other tweaks required for that.

I suggest you to use Education edition,

- Education edition is a enterprise level sku,

- Available in W10 consumer iso,

- have the option to postpone feature update upto 30 months.

- you can disable/notify updates with GPO, no tools required for that. (Pro edition ignores this GPO rule)

- Ads and auto apps download and installation is disabled by default.

In my opinion, i suggest to not bother with metro apps removal, only remove apps which apps and feature option allows you to, although you can remove most of the apps with powershell and dism method but there is no gain in doing so, but you may face warnings in security center if you remove all the apps.

better option is to just disable , Apps run in background option. that way no apps will hog your system resources.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:48 AM, go0gle said:

This is what I use and works well for me ;)

https://litewinos.blogspot.com/2018/10/windows-10-ltsc-2019-64bit-liteos.html

Are you sure this is a safe ISO file??

Are you able to browse the internet, run DISM command, install programs ??

On den 6 november 2018 at 1:05 AM, nsan3 said:

Are you sure this is a safe ISO file??

Are you able to browse the internet, run DISM command, install programs ??

Dont know about DISM (dont use it), but for the rest is answer yes.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:37 AM, LiteOS said:

Yes its been fixed in version 1.1v

3 hours ago, go0gle said:

Dont know about DISM (dont use it), but for the rest is answer yes.

But there is no Windows Restore functionality :(  I believe the function was stripped off when the ISO was created. Very sad.

^ Which is why i don't like these lite versions...  They are customized for the needs of the iso maker.... What he needs is not what everyone else needs...

Best option is MAKE YOUR OWN

To the OP,

I've always used stripped down, registry tweaked Windows and there've always been rock solid.

As for Windows 10 offerings, the PIP Lite that came out pretty much when Windows 10 came public is still what I recommend, however, it doesn't have update feature so can't update, if you so wish. If you want to update or something more upto date than Threshold/1507, which PIP Lite is based on, then the Whitedeath offerings are the best bet in my opinion.

I bet if these latest Windows 10s' of late with bugs popping out of their HDDs' had been stripped, registry tweaked and ran as Administrator, would be so troublesome? ;)

• 8 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, nsan3 said:

So I would appreciate if someone can help me on the same guide me to a good Win10 Lite x64 edition ISO.

Try this on for size.  Install in VM to see if you like it.  It will update.  LTSC 2019 x64 w/modifications.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /file/5gxd8q2b3fpl0q2/10.0.17763.615.RS_PRERELEASE_LTSC_MOD_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.iso/file

53 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

Try this on for size.  Install in VM to see if you like it.  It will update.  LTSC 2019 x64 w/modifications.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /file/5gxd8q2b3fpl0q2/10.0.17763.615.RS_PRERELEASE_LTSC_MOD_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.iso/file

Thanks but could you share the source of this file as well, like a website or the forum associated?

4 minutes ago, nsan3 said:

Thanks but could you share the source of this file as well, like a website or the forum associated?

I sure could!  But then I would have to shoot you!  No, just kidding.  The original file is en_windows_10_iot_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_4c97c86c.iso from the Microsoft Corporation.  I modded it.  I didn't use anyone else's code except for a couple tools like Nsudo and Installwimtweak.  Not sure of the name of that as I shortened it, and  forget.  LOL  I also used Windows PowerShell, Dism, Imagex, etc.  All the code I wrote myself.

Just like the new xbox x64 18947 edition which leaked out.  I converted it to ProWS, added Windows Sandbox, took some stuff out, put some stuff in and am using that as my Main Drive.  It works great.  I create my own stuff, no NTlite, MSMG, etc.

5 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

I sure could!  But then I would have to shoot you!  No, just kidding.  The original file is en_windows_10_iot_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_4c97c86c.iso from the Microsoft Corporation.  I modded it.  I didn't use anyone else's code except for a couple tools like Nsudo and Installwimtweak.  Not sure of the name of that as I shortened it, and  forget.  LOL  I also used Windows PowerShell, Dism, Imagex, etc.  All the code I wrote myself.

Just like the new xbox x64 18947 edition which leaked out.  I converted it to ProWS, added Windows Sandbox, took some stuff out, put some stuff in and am using that as my Main Drive.  It works great.  I create my own stuff, no NTlite, MSMG, etc.

Much appreciated buddy :)

So like what does the file name mean, just wanted to know -> RS_PRERELEASE_LTSC_MOD_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US -> Would Prerelease mean a stable build is yet to come? and what is OEMRET_X64FRE ?

The basic functionalities like Bluetooth, Printer support are all in-tact right?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, nsan3 said:

Much appreciated buddy :)

So like what does the file name mean, just wanted to know -> RS_PRERELEASE_LTSC_MOD_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US -> Would Prerelease mean a stable build is yet to come? and what is OEMRET_X64FRE ?

The basic functionalities like Bluetooth, Printer support are all in-tact right?

Thanks in advance.

LOL no that prerelease shouldn't even be there.  Mistake in naming.

6 minutes ago, nsanse said:

Its much better if we download windows 10 ISO from official microsoft website

Go right ahead, but you will only get evaluation and this is activated.

7 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

LOL no that prerelease shouldn't even be there.  Mistake in naming.

Thanks buddy and that "OEMRET_X64FRE", what does that signify?

Thanks a ton for your effort buddy :)

5 minutes ago, nsan3 said:

Thanks buddy and that "OEMRET_X64FRE", what does that signify?

Technically speaking OEMRET means original equipment manufacturers retail, and x64 means 64 bit, I have no clue what FRE means.  It is in most Windows naming schemes.  I really could have named it differently I suppose, but don't you think that naming scheme makes it look official?  I could have called it the DreadPirateRobert edition I suppose. ;)

Archived