Can't Upgrade To Windows 10 1809

uffbros

15 minutes ago, uffbros said:

@Icow ...Read my post..It was solved...All you have to do is disconnect from the internet and it installs with no problems.

Yeahhh, I skipped reading that was posted by @Kalju (that's the right solution for you)

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2018 at 1:03 AM, Knightmare said:

How do you update to 1809? I haven't seen a push for it in Windows updates.

Although, Microsoft has released the version 1809 , but perhaps, this time the rollout is gradual. They are been extra cautious. 

So I suggest, you wait till the upgrade is provided through windows update.

Hope this helps 

The 1809 update is still on halt, kinda. There's a new sound bug related to Intel, that forced them to pause the update again.

Atm the official statement is to use MCT or refreshed ISO for the update to 1809.

As far I heard from Microsoft has pulled off 1809 because they deleted Users folder and other issues.. SO, I suggest wait next new fixed updates 180x something like that?

ATGPUD2003

2 hours ago, atgpud2003 said:

As far I heard from Microsoft has pulled off 1809 because they deleted Users folder and other issues.. SO, I suggest wait next new fixed updates 180x something like that?

ATGPUD2003

Do not talk this crap if someone deleted some of his/her folders, then he/she did it voluntarily. Do you really still know nothing about this thing?
If You have marked to delete something and then clicked (even after verification that You agree again) to delete marked and checked files and/or folders, then it is Your choice and nobody else is guilty of it. 

6 hours ago, atgpud2003 said:

ATGPUD2003

Microsoft re-released v1809 on 13/11/2018 with the corrections for those critical problems.

11 minutes ago, MrZeb said:

Microsoft re-released v1809 on 13/11/2018 with the corrections for those critical problems.

Where is it available?

MS has again pulled it off , as there was some issues with intel drivers 🙂

12 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Where is it available?

For Windows 10 Home and Pro it can be downloaded directly from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

10 minutes ago, The AchieVer said:

MS has again pulled it off , as there was some issues with intel drivers 🙂

Nope. The installation via Windows Update will do some checks on the machine for compatibility and will block the upgrade in case the problematic Intel drivers are installed, this will happen also for some Antivirus software until they are not updated to work on v1809...

If I'm not mistaken if the Media Creation tool is used to force the upgrade those checks are not executed and this may result in troubles...

@MrZeb

Kindly, go through this article which might clarify .

However, you can always force upgrade either using windows upgrade assistant and or media creation tool.

Hope this helps 🙂

24 minutes ago, The AchieVer said:

@MrZeb

Kindly, go through this article which might clarify .

However, you can always force upgrade either using windows upgrade assistant and or media creation tool.

Hope this helps 🙂

I know the article and the precise title is "Intel Driver Issues Force Another Windows 10 October 2018 Update Delay" the machines affected will receive the update later its different from the first problems reported when Microsoft had to stop the distribution of v1809 entirely, including the Media Creation Toll was reverted to version 1803.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 11:00 PM, Kalju said:

Do not talk this crap if someone deleted some of his/her folders, then he/she did it voluntarily. Do you really still know nothing about this thing?
If You have marked to delete something and then clicked (even after verification that You agree again) to delete marked and checked files and/or folders, then it is Your choice and nobody else is guilty of it. 

I think you misunderstood what you mention.. What I know and I had tested when they released Oct 2018, sure did deleted "Users" folder. That why Microsoft has pulled off and reverse 1803 at that time til later Nov 2018 has been corrected and now already been since today now 1809 with resolved.. Please that I just stated and I got Email from Mico$oft site.. SO. we are cool here, just head up, we are not try to backfire anyone.. Just giving Alert news.

ATGPUD2003

Archived